Re: Make Perpetuum great again

Care Bears always want reward with no risk nothing new...

Well the thing is I don't really like that much risk, infact I take every step to make sure I am minimizing the risk as much as possible, for instance I send a gropho ahead of the scarabs to check if the teleport is safe and a seth will be with or behind the scarabs so it can fire at any ambush. I think making things more risky is fine, but don't let it shut out industrials and make them have to buy 100 rivelers or what ever industrial bot they use a month just to make sure they can do what ever they do.

28 (edited by RedFed 2017-06-07 15:23:36)

Edit: Wrong character, ignore this.

Jita wrote:

Scarabs are a cancer that I would remove. Smaller cargo means more trips and bigger risk. If also encourages people to live on beta as to hell with moving all the stuff back and forth.

Smaller cargo means less risk. Because then it's just staticstics and most of the cargo will be safe. Instead of losing lots of stuff in one unlucky run.

Gekko wrote:
Jita wrote:

Scarabs are a cancer that I would remove. Smaller cargo means more trips and bigger risk. If also encourages people to live on beta as to hell with moving all the stuff back and forth.

Smaller cargo means less risk. Because then it's just staticstics and most of the cargo will be safe. Instead of losing lots of stuff in one unlucky run.

for that, Scarabs should be more tanky or cost less to make people use of them on Betas

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

RED vS BLUE is comin!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

PLAN by Inda:

Make the game playable in a short period of time 1-2 month or so until we could figure out how to go to F2P, like make painting possible, any other ideas, also test it.

Meanwhile we should find marekting plans.

When we are a state when confident to release a game "again",  lets make it F2P!

This way with the actual game we should get 1-2 year.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

People were playing when Beta missions were OP.

2c

People aren't playing because the game wasn't and isn't good enough in 2015-2016-2017 to retain their interest.

The game was released in 2010 and pretty much stayed in 2010 from the perpective of new players who don't care about -+5% on X.

The Devs either worked too slow or too little, and the game is where it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one announcement left to be made.

And it would be about time

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Not entirely sure why, but the old gamma seemed more fun even if it was broken, Gamma 2 was to much of a nerf and overly complicated restrictions. In hindsight I would have left gamma out and added more beta/alpha islands focusing on missioning and PVE content.

Anyways this game has far to little to do, with an unbalanced mess that needs to die, or sold to some other company that gives a damn.

RIP PERPETUUM

Intrusion 2.0. it's all started (or ended) with Intrusion 2.0

Who is responsible for persuading people to introduce that? Let's burn that mofo

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Ya know, when I look at the changes that were made here in perp by Zoom and I look at the changes/nerfs Fozzie announces in EVE, I can't help but feel like Fozzie has had words with Zoom at some point in the past and as a result balances under perpetuum quality dev influence.

RIP Roraqual being decent.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

So, Eve is dying now?

Rowboat wrote:

So, Eve is dying now?

No, its more like what zoom did with missions. Rorquals are a fun content generator and they have nerfed it to death because of 'balance'

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Rowboat wrote:

So, Eve is dying now?

Everyone knows "EVE is dying" is an overused dying meme on Reddit!

At least enough player left in forum, as long as this is true game is not dead, even when more drama is happen here instead of Nia.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Rowboat wrote:

So, Eve is dying now?

Everyone knows "EVE is dying" is an overused dying meme on Reddit!

But is it perp dead?

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Ya know, when I look at the changes that were made here in perp by Zoom and I look at the changes/nerfs Fozzie announces in EVE, I can't help but feel like Fozzie has had words with Zoom at some point in the past and as a result balances under perpetuum quality dev influence.

RIP Roraqual being decent.

that all is dwarfed by the elite dangerous devs... really.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

WTS Roraqual & 5 Excavators. big_smile

46 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2017-06-09 18:29:52)

Chemist wrote:

WTS Roraqual & 5 Excavators. big_smile

WTS PvE carrier now ._.
WTB Pirate battleships

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as … ;m=6968205

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as … p;t=521614

Also I take it back Rovoc, now "EVE is dying" couldn't be anymore relevant. roll

CCP Larrikin wrote:

As you may have seen in the May Monthly Economy Report, there is a significant upward trend in the Money Supply. This is primarily due to NPC Bounties.
This trend is unsustainable. Having such a large ISK faucet is bad for the economy, and this ISK faucet is concentrated to a relatively small number of players.

i am baffled. these sentences contain so much truth... you could easily translate that to both Perpetuum and Elite.
its no wonder EVE was successfull for such a long time - they do track their economy

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

48 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2017-06-09 23:20:37)

Annihilator wrote:
CCP Larrikin wrote:

As you may have seen in the May Monthly Economy Report, there is a significant upward trend in the Money Supply. This is primarily due to NPC Bounties.
This trend is unsustainable. Having such a large ISK faucet is bad for the economy, and this ISK faucet is concentrated to a relatively small number of players.

i am baffled. these sentences contain so much truth... you could easily translate that to both Perpetuum and Elite.
its no wonder EVE was successfull for such a long time - they do track their economy

The problem is if they do this nerf, then the Ishtar which is a tech 2 cruiser that costs no more then 300 mil isk to fit up will be able to make the same amount of isk as a carrier which costs 1.4bil isk and up fully fitted as a result of this change.

Plus with the cruiser the rats are less likely to shoot at normal drones and you dont have to recall drones except on the few occasions where they are shot which is much less compared to fighters.

See anything wrong with that?

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
CCP Larrikin wrote:

The problem is if they do this nerf, then the Ishtar which is a tech 2 cruiser that costs no more then 300 mil isk to fit up will be able to make the same amount of isk as a carrier which costs 1.4bil isk and up fully fitted as a result of this change.

Plus with the cruiser the rats are less likely to shoot at normal drones and you dont have to recall drones except on the few occasions where they are shot which is much less compared to fighters.

See anything wrong with that?

That's horse ***. A good carrier and make 160m an hour now. This change pushes it in to the 100 mil for the average user range which is about the same as a rorqual

nah, im not talking bout what they nerf or buff,
i envy the fact that the EvE Devs track statistics and react to them