Topic: Albion and WoW: CIR division.

Hello fellow nians!

Crimson Imperium Reborn is recruiting!  Not in Perpetuum, but in games with population and content!

Albion!  Officially goes live the beginning week of August.  If your a veteran member of the community that's fallen in a rut and looking for full loot Pvp with some of the best group leaders here it is.  Contact Naismith/Ville on these forums to get you setup with TS access to join the fun.

World of Warcraft:  Stormrage server is alive with some of the best players in the world.  Current raid teams have top 100 US players in WoTLK/Cata/MoP.  5 weeks till the burning legion invades!  Current core group is set, flex raiding always encourages more!  Come join us and the fun.  Weekend raiding!  Message Phantomburn Ally Stormrage.

Just a reminder, we are not recruiting for Perpetuum.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Line 2016-07-28 18:50:44)

Re: Albion and WoW: CIR division.

WoW - US only? and what's the minimum level of lazynes is acceptable? big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I aggree. PvE games like WoW will be better for CIR. Have a good luck.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Oh I'm sorry is cooperative twitch group play not you guys thing?

5 (edited by Jasdemi 2016-07-28 20:27:26)

Ville wrote:

Albion! Beta 2 officially goes live the beginning week of August.

I'll be playing it too. While UI is still utter piece of crap, rest of the game has actually improved a lot compared to 6 months ago. The world feels much more alive now with the new biomes.

So who is playing this game? We were thinking of coming over

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

there's like 20ish people in the albion channel atm.

Albion, LOL you want to compare that thing to Perpetuum? Funny.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

They are both sandbox games with full loot PvP, isn't it enough?

The main argument to move from Perp to Albion is that the last one has an healthy population.

Believe me if Perpetuum has a few hundreds more active players I would not try to entertain myself with another game.

I speak broken English.

(c) only nia

Just @ Game

Leary wrote:
Inda wrote:

They are both sandbox games with full loot PvP, isn't it enough?

The main argument to move from Perp to Albion is that the last one has an healthy population.

Believe me if Perpetuum has a few hundreds more active players I would not try to entertain myself with another game.

But after 4 years, I'm really done waiting.  Like its fun, great game but I can't twiddle my thumbs any longer.

Tbh the main argument isn't the population, it's the fact that it's well designed around 5-10 man guilds for end-game territory control content.

Gathering->Refining->Crafting->Accumulating is well thought out and extremely easy to do compared to Perp. In the time it takes you to mine out a titan field, you got 5-10 sets of T4-T5 gear.

Having to import T2 resources into Red and Black zones is a good way of creating caravans. They will probably expand on that and include T3 resources.

Newbie guy coming into the game is PVP-ready in 1-2 hours in any role not just tackle. Later on when gear levels escalate it will increase, but T4 will always be decent enough like T2 in Perp.

13 (edited by Gekko 2016-08-16 08:24:28)

Any game can be described as "X + AFK Scarab" roll

Can't really AFK Scarab in Albion because resources are nodes with a finite amount in them that slowly replenishes over time.

You would need a long-ass script that waypoints nodes, travel between those nodes, and includes 5 clicks per node, mount/dismount, unload when 1 or 2 stacks of 999 is reached, and loop.

A degree more complicated then slapping a small miner on a hauler or recording your mouse movement between cargo and container then looping it every X minutes with a variable of +- 1-10 seconds.

Naismith wrote:

Tbh the main argument isn't the population, it's the fact that it's well designed around 5-10 man guilds for end-game territory control content.

Gathering->Refining->Crafting->Accumulating is well thought out and extremely easy to do compared to Perp. In the time it takes you to mine out a titan field, you got 5-10 sets of T4-T5 gear.

Having to import T2 resources into Red and Black zones is a good way of creating caravans. They will probably expand on that and include T3 resources.

Newbie guy coming into the game is PVP-ready in 1-2 hours in any role not just tackle. Later on when gear levels escalate it will increase, but T4 will always be decent enough like T2 in Perp.

So can a 5-10 man players guild live and compete in Black Zones without being too much hardcore? Or do you speak about very dedicated players?

From what I heard and saw it was more like guilds was trying to get as big as possible and play with taxes to get better guild stuff but I havn't experienced it myself so I would like to know.

I speak broken English.

Problems with living in Blackzones are as follows (this is how we encountered them);

- The blawb is real -> 20+ man "caravans" are a daily reality you have to play around one way or another.
- T2 resources -> You need to import them, kinda like "no titan on Beta" in Perp.
- Town exit zones are gankerino centralino -> Works both ways of course...

All in all biggest hurdle is getting your first batch of PVP gear & tools into a Blackzone town. After that, you'll be hauling in T2 stone exclusively to upgrade guild island to T4-T5 so you can start crafting your own ***. Then you'll have to start importing T2 metal bars, planks, cloth, leather so that you can start gathering locally and refining in the Blackzone.

Once you got that sorted it's pretty much smooth sailing for small scale PVP or blobchasing. Group compositions are a reality (just make sure you have a greathammer/claymore with you for tackling, T5 must-have) and everything else is "bring whatever" weapon-wise.

For comparison, full set of T5 PVP gear (for myself) is like 32 T5 leather, and I don't remember how much metal/leather for my T5 claymore but it's dirt cheap. Comparatively, 1 T5 animal gives roughly 9 T5 hide, which requires 9T2+9T3+9T4 to process into leather.

TL;DR

Once the heavy lifting I mentioned above is done, most people can be self-sufficient from there on out. Weekly run of 999(stack) T2 metal or planks or leather, and you're so fine you'll be running into bankspace problems.

Ok thanks for the info.

I speak broken English.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=CV65BRR84C

How is it going in Albion?

Any news on release date?

I speak broken English.

So how's everyone been?

Yep still alive! smile

I Only get time to play a little bit of war thunder these days .... sad

My Ninja 300 gets the little free time I have now tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

2 more wipes for Albion ....

is WoW part still actual? I might play with you

Raid times 830 to 1100 EST Wed/Thur/Friday.  We have a group of about 40ish people.

Ville wrote:

Raid times 830 to 1100 EST Wed/Thur/Friday.  We have a group of about 40ish people.

DOH knew that there will be TZ problems smile