Topic: Maybe set up donations to improve graphics etc?

I'm guessing this might have been suggested before. But is it possible to set up donation to for instance, hire someone on remoddling bots etc, and invest in a better graphic engine? I bet many of us would help out. As long as it doesnt take away time from the DEVs to keep developing the actuall game. Just donation money for them to hire some1 to work on others stuff like better graphics etc. I certain many more would test the game if it had better graphics. Thats how it works. I dont mind the graphics that much myself, but I want more peeps to find this gem of a game and give it a shot.

Re: Maybe set up donations to improve graphics etc?

you don't need new graphics engine,
you need the whole game engine ported into a commercial product like Unreal or Unity (the later would be nice)

the current level of detail present ingame, would even allow to have it ported to an in-browswer solution big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

As long as the graphics get a overhaul so peeps might take notice and give the game a shot. And as I said, I know the games strength lies benith the graphics, but many wont give it a shot due to aged graphics. But we could prolly donate to many things to help them get the game into a state where developers are happy and maybe can advertice it etc.

I would prefer to hire someone to ADD new stuff (robots, guns) in game first, not to improve what we already have

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

I would prefer to hire someone to ADD new stuff (robots, guns) in game first, not to improve what we already have

I want more peeps to test the game, and many wont do due to the sub par graphics. Personally Im all for that as well. But to attract more peeps to the game I think better graphics is the way to go.

6 (edited by Gekko 2017-03-11 12:04:42)

Personally i like the current graphics. It have some "spice" in it. Modern engines looks nice, but kinda boring big_smile
(Sometimes you just need a right light and angle smile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 … pid=223410)
But of course, I'll be glad to se anything that god for game, and i have my list of improvements to dream of roll

7 (edited by Aaron Sool 2017-03-11 16:55:12)

Gekko wrote:

Personally i like the current graphics. It have some "spice" in it. Modern engines looks nice, but kinda boring big_smile
(Sometimes you just need a right light and angle smile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 … pid=223410)
But of course, I'll be glad to se anything that god for game, and i have my list of improvements to dream of roll

I agree. I also think the current graphics has it's charm. But I think it's because I'm so used to it. I've talked to guys in other games bout Perp b4, and they don't wanna test it cause they think it looks awfull. I think it's sad that many pass on the game, that has such depth, due to it's graphics. So if graphics would bring peeps to test the game, and see what a great game it is, I'm all for it. Just making the water look like water would be huge for instance. tongue

I'd just like to say I think the current graphics are excellent.
A quality product that has stood the test of time and still looks good.

That being said, what it does need is scalable fonts.
The current fonts SUCK, I can hardly read them at 1080p. Forget 4K.

The recent graphics update was pretty good too, it does look more attractive.
Well..... except the new mist/fog, that's crap. Please remove it if you can.

Thanks

If you can donate more hungarian laborers that can code with them than you'd be on to something.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.