Topic: Hailing all frapsers

So I've been a longtime fraps user and usually enjoy throwing some videos together in whatever game I am playing, but so far Perpetuum has been defying me in this regard.  Does anyone have some "gotcha's" they've found related to frapsing in high detail in this game?

The symptoms I am experiencing are basically what I would call extreme lag when I activate fraps.  ie. all bot models start jerking around instead of moving smoothly.  It makes the game immediately unplayable no matter whether I am the only one on the screen or lots.

2 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-12 17:59:21)

Re: Hailing all frapsers

Turn up the FPS that fraps records at? *Shrug*
I know it'll add to lag a little on good computers and probably make the game unplayable on crappy computers but it should still work.

The Game

That's what's weird though, fraps is recording at a stable 30 FPS.  The movement and jerkiness seems unrelated to my actual frame rate.

what's your hardware like?

5 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-12 22:02:03)

Question:
Is it bound to your Pause/Break key?
You can Pause Perpetuum. Don't press Pause.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

Question:
Is it bound to your Pause/Break key?
You can Pause Perpetuum. Don't press Pause.

Wow...actually it is.

I will try changing this!

I'm try to record videos without ingame shadow effects. When shadows turned on, i have 2x slower frame rate.

haha fail

I rate this thread 10/10.

Pause key for record was the problem, I've never heard of a MMO having that problem before but live and learn.

Lol... pausing like it's single player... hawt

Pray for a fix in tomorrows patch.

The Game

12 (edited by Whanny 2011-01-12 23:44:52)

That is epic. I would like to give a big sloppy kiss to the guy who made a pause option in an MMO.

I was using this thing called wegame. I didn't use it too much because I stopped recording and playing games as Im travelling. But it worked fairly well from memory, no more 30 gig files as it compresses on the fly, it also uses up alot less resources so runs a *** load smoother. Don't even notice a drop in FPS.

http://www.wegame.com/

Here is an example of an old video from our GA days. Lol had highway to the Danger Zone going over vent. Had to win before song finished. Og the silly things us gamers do.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/harlequin-vs-o-r-e-highway/

I have fraps bound to f12-11-10, 10 being for my recording. With a Seperate drive to all running software for saving, on some made sessions i can have 200Gb in there i guess. so i should give that wegame a look.  LOL Pause

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS