Re: Current Cost Of EP

Ensireka wrote:

There needs to be a worthwhile point for pvp I guess.  Just killing for hoots and giggles doesn't always cut it.  hmm

Ahhh well ... can't win em all right?

-Ensi

The problem is even though there are things you can do on beta that yield better result then alpha, people don't like risking assets on beta what so ever as there is good risk of losing those assets when alpha gives enough profit that you feel no need to take risks on a PvP island.

As for PvP, there is simply no incentive aside rom SAPs, ideally if the devs work on syndicate supply drops after all the MK1 syndicate robots are finished, there could be some nice benefits.

Beta drops could include:
- T4 and T4+ modules(Based on island faction)
- MK2 CTs
- Syndicate robot CTs(If ever implemented)
- Requsition slips(highest lvl ones based on island faction)
- PvP ammo (based on island faction)
- Star TAPs (based on island faction)
- Cortexes(?)
- Tokens(?) (based on island faction)
-Guardian commander TAPs(?) (Super rare)

Of coursec loot table would have to be randomized but having syndicate drops with chances for these could help beta and PvP incentive as a whole. Just an idea.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

beast
i need lucrative pve content on beta islands that i can do with a pvp ready robot, and it needs to remain lucrative even when i lose my robot... not only if i manage to avoid the pvp fight at all costs

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

28 (edited by Ensireka 2016-08-20 12:42:08)

Annihilator wrote:
Ensireka wrote:

There needs to be a worthwhile point for pvp I guess.  Just killing for hoots and giggles doesn't always cut it.  hmm

-Ensi

so, who do you meet when you go roaming for "PvP"?

1. another pvp roam => pvp

2. someone mining => a one sided fight or the miner runs because zero chance

3. someone doing PvE => a one sided fight or no fight because the PvEer is not fit for PVP due to completely different requirements

now... if there is only ONE group roaming, PvP always ends in a negative experience for any encounter. for the first because it does not happen, the second and third one because either side ends up with a negative experience and feeling of totally wasted time.

edit:
and i totally forgot, the vocal player mentality for the last years could be summarized with these two oppositte statements.

• every pvp encounter must result in an exploding player piloted robot
    (without a killmail there was no winner)

• every pve encounter mustn't result in an exploding player piloted robot
    (without the loot you are left only with a loss)

Well, since you asked ...

Who do I meet for pvp?  You've likely heard of em ... Probes.  smile

When it comes to combat, unless I find a miner, i'm toast or barely make it away unscathed.  And I haven't seen any miners.

I'd rather pay ransom then lose my bot.  But people would need to honor it.  Just saying ...

-Ensi

ps NPC's just laugh at me when I ask them about it.

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Ensireka wrote:

-Ensi

so, who do you meet when you go roaming for "PvP"?

1. another pvp roam => pvp

2. someone mining => a one sided fight or the miner runs because zero chance

3. someone doing PvE => a one sided fight or no fight because the PvEer is not fit for PVP due to completely different requirements

now... if there is only ONE group roaming, PvP always ends in a negative experience for any encounter. for the first because it does not happen, the second and third one because either side ends up with a negative experience and feeling of totally wasted time.

edit:
and i totally forgot, the vocal player mentality for the last years could be summarized with these two oppositte statements.

• every pvp encounter must result in an exploding player piloted robot
    (without a killmail there was no winner)

• every pve encounter mustn't result in an exploding player piloted robot
    (without the loot you are left only with a loss)

Well, since you asked ...

Who do I meet for pvp?  You've likely heard of em ... Probes.  smile

When it comes to combat, unless I find a miner, i'm toast or barely make it away unscathed.  And I haven't seen any miners.

I'd rather pay ransom then lose my bot.  But people would need to honor it.  Just saying ...

-Ensi

ps NPC's just laugh at me when I ask them about it.

-Ensi

The thing about probes and this is mainly a player mentality thing, probes are more of a PvP deterrent then something to encourage PvP, when someone shoots a probe in the current state of game, everyone stops what they are doing and an island goes dead.

Ideally when a probe is attacked, the island would see a decrease in PvE and industry presence but an increase in PvP player presence normally in the form of response forces, but as it stands there are very few people playing the game who actually have a real interest in PvP or living on beta. Until the game pop rises again or more beta oriented players login, this is basically how it is.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

30 (edited by Blocker 2016-08-21 00:40:03)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Ideally when a probe is attacked, the island would see a decrease in PvE and industry presence but an increase in PvP player presence normally in the form of response forces, but as it stands there are very few people playing the game who actually have a real interest in PvP or living on beta. Until the game pop rises again or more beta oriented players login, this is basically how it is.

Never a truer word spoken, population (or lack thereof) can be seen as the basis of a lot of issues with the game atm. It's also an issue of scaling, it seems to be difficult to scale the mechanics for changing population size. When there is a small active population should some of the base mechanics alter slightly compared to a larger active population?

Gekko wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Either no one cares, or doesn't realize you can make 500k EP in 24 hours.

Not after 3m total unless you found some exploit.

Feature.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:
Gekko wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Either no one cares, or doesn't realize you can make 500k EP in 24 hours.

Feature.

If you have full proto, full reverse engineering, full production and your doing something actively that's high ep then it's possible. Ammo production works well for this, family cheap and easily sold.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:
Gekko wrote:

Feature.

If you have full proto, full reverse engineering, full production and your doing something actively that's high ep then it's possible. Ammo production works well for this, family cheap and easily sold.

I've noticed that ammo production is far better than afk mining, but if it's really possible to make 500k in a day after 3mil, then our train IS screwed up more than ever...

I can get EP easy/fast doesn't mean I know the game ..old players will still wrek noobies I'm sure but the Vets are all salty..Cry babies.. go leave and give me your Stuff!!  ... Preparing the Station to fire!!!

35 (edited by Blocker 2017-01-05 04:33:56)

Grand Moff Tarkin wrote:

I can get EP easy/fast doesn't mean I know the game ..old players will still wrek noobies I'm sure but the Vets are all salty..Cry babies.. go leave and give me your Stuff!!  ... Preparing the Station to fire!!!

That's funny, you sound exactly like the "salty cry baby" vets you are trying to insult. You are either a new char that's simply parroting what you have heard from other people or you are an old char re-rolled as a new with all the old baggage and bitterness included..

We are vets and we are not salty or cry babies so not quite sure what your point is, or for that matter, how the majority of your post relates to the thread.

oh how far my guild was fallen sad

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Don't despair Ville, the guys you have left playing, Drones, Goffer, Fastkill etc are decent peeps and good pvp'ers. We often go over to their place for some fun pvp and occasionally some SAP loot smile

I'm thinking that those guys will knock some of the rough edges off the "new" guy and educate him.  smile

Ville wrote:

Yes .. yes indeed tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Wow I'm surprised someone actually reads the forms..but for real if you quit give me your stuff cool