Topic: Daily research points

How about adding some "time-based" progression to research?
Every day, add random amount of random type of research points to one character on account(to one with most EP, as example).
Can be done as one of the permium users bonuses.

Re: Daily research points

Unlimited moneys, bots, modules and ammo for premium users. +100500 for PVP-server. cool

Why not just add daily assignments max of 5 and they pay out one of a few options between kernels, nic or ep

4 (edited by logicalNegation 2016-12-10 22:30:13)

+1 to additional sources of kernals and/or RP

The old way was to grind beacons.
Beacons are nerfed so:
+More/Better loot on TAPs
+More/Better loot on NPCs in general, or certain spawns (rare/caravans/reds)
+Provide new ways to get RP

I see so many new players see the industry system, get excited, and then crushed when they realize the kernal grind is hopelessly long, and involves them skilling into high-end PVE combat to do it.
Even with the corp research tree, they still want to bonuses.  This gives indy players a goal to work towards, but at this moment in time its not a goal, but an impossibility for many.

And to add to Rugerx's solution and make it easy to see an implementation: put kernals in the syndicate store!
Tokens->kernals.  Maybe even just NIC; there is your nic sink! Boom inflation problem solved.

I do like the daily assignments more, because this draws players back to the game with regularity, and rate-limits the kernals one could earn over time, so its not easy to just drop 10bil nic and have your research done.

If you spend NIC you allready get Kernel. The less NIC you spend, the longer will it take. If oyu setup a buy order for 100kNIC/Kernel you will see that there will be player farming Kernel again....

Goffer wrote:

If you spend NIC you allready get Kernel. The less NIC you spend, the longer will it take. If oyu setup a buy order for 100kNIC/Kernel you will see that there will be player farming Kernel again....

how do player farm kernels these days?
is it still macro grind that makes you bot explode either when your attention fails because you fell asleep from repeating the very same click order over more then an hour, or when your advanced screen-capture supported macro fails because of a random event?

i mean, how does it compare to the even more boring and simplified NIC-printing industrial (harvesting) missions on beta? (how many cycles is it these days for a symbiont to finish a lvl6 mission? 1 or 2?)

I would really like to get back into the game,
but at this moment, all the PvE content is on the level of the "Sandbox testing mode" of any game, that lets you spawn targets on demand

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The research is currently tied to a special commodity, that you have to obtain in order to progress the research. This bottlenecks the research, and that bottleneck is exasperated by private corp markets.

One way to ease the bottleneck would be to make it a time based progression, which requires more available raw materials, like refined products. At least then, if you can't find what you need on a market, you can at least harvest the materials yourself. Still an uphill battle compared to more established players and corps, but at least you don't have to cross train and dilute your EP just to get a hold of some kernels.

One problem is that in last years almost everything is given to player in plenty compared to the years before. Kernels are one of the items that remained in shortage. This game was never meant for a single player to solo make self + corp research. Given the current player base it feels as if this would be necessary, but in fact there should something remaining bringing player to act together.

And Anni you can macro everything if you like and need. Eg. leveling in WOW from zero to max including doing all necessary quests for items. But in Perpetuum I hope nobody is using that high sophisticated macros that perform every task full automatic. And if the only reason is that the player base is not large enough to sell macros that require a man year or more in development, I'm fine playing a small niche game with players and ignore those using macros as far as possible.

yeah, but goffer - in perp is everything down to macros that do not require much effort to begin with.
it comes down to click on a certain icon on the landmarklist, a dedicated set of keybinds (mostly "space" for brainless alphastrikes at zero mana (accumulator) management) - and a loop of that.

beacon farming was implemented in a way that didn't even require any creativity to exploit (drop down lots of cheap beacons you can buy infinite number on the npc market, spawn lots of npcs in an instant that do follow aoe-explosion rules.. )

and then... a really wonky balance that is neither multiplayer, nor singleplayer friendly.
If i would be cynical, i would say, the DEVs are just milking the cow as long as possible, without feeding it. Just like the majority of f2p-p2w games you can find on steam....
But i keep telling myself that there is more to it

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Daily EPs
Daily RPs
Daily NICs
Daily Resources
Daily Robots
Dailiy Stuff
Daily whatever

No. Just no. Play the game, you lazy %#$%#

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

11 (edited by Annihilator 2016-12-22 13:02:33)

Line wrote:

Daily EPs
Daily RPs
Daily NICs
Daily Resources
Daily Robots
Dailiy Stuff
Daily whatever

you forgot "daily pvp targets that wont run or shoot back"

12 (edited by Gekko 2016-12-22 17:44:26)

Line wrote:

I would, but farming kernels is hardly a playing. I can't even call it PvE - just standing and clicking(can we replace it with tetris at least?)...
And it's an illogical scheme, because crafters are usually the type of players which prefers to use their brains in game, not just their ass-hours with 0 real effort... roll
Even if it'll require 5 years of logging in/booster to research all tree passively, it'll be incredibly cool...

Or just make kernels rewards for doing assignments, or items you buy from syntec with whatever the LP in this game is called. You still have to do stuff, but there is more and different stuff you can do.

Gekko wrote:
Line wrote:

I would, but farming kernels is hardly a playing. I can't even call it PvE - just standing and clicking(can we replace it with tetris at least?)...
And it's an illogical scheme, because crafters are usually the type of players which prefers to use their brains in game, not just their ass-hours with 0 real effort... roll
Even if it'll require 5 years of logging in/booster to research all tree passively, it'll be incredibly cool...

No, suffer. After all, that's what the MMOs are about.

But seriously, you either do something or find someone who will do that for you.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:
Gekko wrote:
Line wrote:

No, suffer. After all, that's what the MMOs are about.

No, that's what *** MMOs are about.
If this is one of those then everything is fine. I can live without crafting anyway smile

The reason for kernels beeing combat loot,
is to have something to trade between combat and crafting agents,
since crafting is a whole dedicated profession, not something you could learn nearby.
Thats perpetuums take at "beeing a MMO"

getting kernels as mission reward is as stuipid as having it as loot only.
every reasonably thought through gamedesign lets you gain crafting-knowledge and -skills by... crafting.