1 (edited by Rovoc 2016-11-29 06:46:42)

Topic: Missions: An Angry Rant(Warning) To Zoom

So... this is gonna come off as a little heated i know just bare with me.  I finally got some quiet time to do some beta missions and i see a new "Complex Production" Mission.  So i like trying new things as im a glutton for punishment(im married).  Note im max relations for missions so i choose a level six and get started.  First objective: pick up 2 items a decoder and an item and reverse engineer it.  Second objective: Mine each of the following, 64K liquizit 225K HDT, and last but not least 62K epriton and submit these items to a different turnin point on the map.  Third objective: pick up 30K worth of crafting materials from 3 different locations, which weight .10 U each.  For those of you keeping count thats 3,000U worth of weight you need to move.  God forbid you actually try doing this with something other than a Scarab mk2, which no one wants to risk it on beta so that's what 10 runs with a lithus mk2 or 30 runs with a sequer mk2. Fourth objective: Mass produce 10,000 of a certain item from said CT and crafting materials.  I did not accept this mission in a full squad, as i was attempting to do this solo.  So what do i get for all my effort a measly 42M and 310 tokens.  This took me roughly an hour to do.  My Question is, Zoom did you seriously test this *** *** before you put this out.  How is this compatible to completing a harvesting mission that gives me 4m in a minute?  Seriously zoom this shows a serious lack of testing your own game and the level of incompetence is staggering.  People have already stated that they want content they can do with other people, which is supposed to be the foundation of an MMORPG.  U know what forget it, no amount of me *** and pointing out your flaws is going to change, as other people have already done that for many years.  I give up in thinking this is an actual game that is supposed to be a sand box or that i'm supposed to enjoy playing with other people.  Even gamma points out that this "Sand Box" doesn't play by "Sand Box" rules.  So keep on just doing harvesting missions, as any other mission is pointless.  Anyone who's made it this far ur awesome and i'll end on what i've been saying all along "Keep doing what you're doing Zoom i think its working". 

Rovoc
"In the Meantime, And as usual, go *** yourself!" - Les Grossman

Re: Missions: An Angry Rant(Warning) To Zoom

Fun and adrenalin >>> worthless moneys. cool

May I point to this discussion about that topic smile
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … signments/

Almost a year ago and nothing has changed.  This game is awesome.  Keep doing what u doing zoom i think its working.

On another note, Zoom what have you done to actually "Help" the game?  I know you're spending a lot of time and effort on Syndicate Robots, but seriously on a whole none of them are worth a *** except for the Vector and possibly the Hermes.  However, both of these bots don't compare to the already implemented race bots.  You're wasting valuable time producing *** for the game.  You know what forget it im sorry zoom, everyone always talks about how much potential perp has and what it could have been.  I think we just have to accept the fact that the game is kinda set the way it is and this is the game we have to play.  Zoom feel free to contact me directly if you ever want me to test something or tell you what i think about the game.

Rovoc wrote:

Zoom feel free to contact me directly if you ever want me to test something or tell you what i think about the game.

your overlord has forbidden any contact of that sort.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by BadAss 2016-11-29 14:11:27)

Your_banny_wrote Zoom lol

Just @ Game

i need exceptional DPS in WoW.  Come play!  They has Plex too.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

9 (edited by Celebro 2016-11-29 22:48:12)

Rovoc wrote:

So... this is gonna come off as a little heated i know just bare with me.  I finally got some quiet time to do some beta missions and i see a new "Complex Production" Mission.  So i like trying new things as im a glutton for punishment(im married).  Note im max relations for missions so i choose a level six and get started.  First objective: pick up 2 items a decoder and an item and reverse engineer it.

Second objective: Mine each of the following, 64K liquizit 225K HDT, and last but not least 62K epriton and submit these items to a different turnin point on the map.

Third objective: pick up 30K worth of crafting materials from 3 different locations, which weight .10 U each.  For those of you keeping count thats 3,000U worth of weight you need to move.  God forbid you actually try doing this with something other than a Scarab mk2, which no one wants to risk it on beta so that's what 10 runs with a lithus mk2 or 30 runs with a sequer mk2.

Fourth objective: Mass produce 10,000 of a certain item from said CT and crafting materials.  I did not accept this mission in a full squad, as i was attempting to do this solo.  So what do i get for all my effort a measly 42M and 310 tokens.  This took me roughly an hour to do. 

My Question is, Zoom did you seriously test this *** *** before you put this out.  How is this compatible to completing a harvesting mission that gives me 4m in a minute?  Seriously zoom this shows a serious lack of testing your own game and the level of incompetence is staggering.  People have already stated that they want content they can do with other people, which is supposed to be the foundation of an MMORPG.

U know what forget it, no amount of me *** and pointing out your flaws is going to change, as other people have already done that for many years.  I give up in thinking this is an actual game that is supposed to be a sand box or that i'm supposed to enjoy playing with other people.  Even gamma points out that this "Sand Box" doesn't play by "Sand Box" rules.

So keep on just doing harvesting missions, as any other mission is pointless.  Anyone who's made it this far ur awesome and i'll end on what i've been saying all along "Keep doing what you're doing Zoom i think its working". 

Rovoc
"In the Meantime, And as usual, go *** yourself!" - Les Grossman

Christ, paragraphs please, for an easier read, did this just to read it myself. Enjoy smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Rovoc good post: at least 70% of development effort since 2010 has been wasted changing the goal posts, the last nail in the coffin for me was the robot balancing changes, absolute waste of time.

RIP PERPETUUM

Well it wasn't an essay and at least it wasn't two sentences...

I am with you Rovoc!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD