Topic: Scanning Mineral Fields

Ok so we all know scanning fields can be a pain in the ***.  I would like to recommend an island scanner be implemented.  Maybe a universal tile scanner that has a huge range maybe like 10k or 20k that will pop up all the mineral fields in that area.  In order to make these not over power all the others maybe make this charge like 5M and maybe some tokens.  And if you don't wanna take out regular tile scanner tiles maybe implement something where you can't upload the heat map and have it mark on the map.  You would still have to manually scan down the fields.  We need tile charges anyway when we mine so no real big loss there.  There's already advanced tile charges how about making an advanced universal charge and making it have a huge range.  i don't think it would take much coding.  Anyone else thoughts?  would other people like to see this?

Re: Scanning Mineral Fields

what for?
directional scanner already point you with 100% accuracy into the direction you need to drive, and when you there you switch to tile scan and see the whole deposit in one scan (with the extension maxed)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Too safe for pvp islands. Geoscanning is already easiest and safest job to do, no need to simplify it even more.
And that will be used mostly by gankers, not miners.
Also, 5M isn't much at all.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

4 (edited by Rovoc 2016-11-17 04:25:20)

Have any of you scanned a gamma island? seriously have you? scanned all fields?

@Line how many arganos have died to scanning? not sap scanning field scanning.  There is no data to support your claim.

Ok after talking with my colleagues everyone decided it was OP.  So hows about a gamma module that enhances the range and tile scanning charges.  So Gamma only.  Seriously Zoom take ur herpes out and scan each and every single field on gamma and tell me how long it takes you.  Please pretty please with a cherry on top.

Rovoc wrote:

Have any of you scanned a gamma island? seriously have you? scanned all fields?

@Line how many arganos have died to scanning? not sap scanning field scanning.  There is no data to support your claim.

Exactly. In fact, you don't even need an argano to do that scan. It's easy, fast and safe, and you want to simplify it even more - why?

again, have you ever had to scan down a gamma island?

Rovoc wrote:

nope, i had not reason ever to scan down a whole gamma island for each and every mineral deposit -

since everytime i was on gamma mining, i only had interest in the closest one to my drop-off terminal.
and last time i went out scanning for energy fields, it was doable in a few minutes too, because i did it in a fast light ewar and speed nexus module.

last but not least... whats the point on scanning down a whole mineral deposit at once. with the current industrial tunings, i don't miss out much by equipping a geoscanner on my riveler. with 5 tuners and the gamma auras, it wouldn't be possible for me as a human to gather minerals for an extended period of time (the cargo just fills to damn fast)

on the other hand... someone using that waypoint clicker macro, having whole deposits mapped in one scan could be benefical to reduce the set-up time for using it...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rovoc wrote:

I was making island-wide scans back when there was no directional charges at all. That was long, hard enough but fun. Now, with directional charges and zombie-pilot it's semi-afk "job", Make a scan, click to map, triangulate, rinse, repeat.

Ok how about this:

As an owner of Beta/Gamma station, you're getting an ability to perform, let's call it, "Satellite Scan" - special tab in geoscanner that shows all the resources (or just specific one) all over the island, tile-mode. However, you can perform such a scan just once per 12 hours, and then it stays unchanged until next scan. Either automatic or manual, that cost you with NIC (subscription model, like with storages - you can subscribe for resources of your choice for, let's say, 4M per resource). Other option - you buy a "Satellite Scan Request" on SindyShop for tokens and NICs - in that case you use it at your will, but still once in X hours.

Information should be only available if you have geoscanner equipped. Also there sholud be a way to restrict an access for that info for corpmembers. Prices, range (in case it's not island-wide but a radius around your station) and/or accuracy can be extension-based.

That might be hard and long to implement, but at least it adds more meaning for station ownership and creates another NIC sink, not just feeds your lazyness.