Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-11-08

Server will be down on 2016-11-08 from 14:00 servertime/CET (13:00 UTC) for the deployment of patch 3.8.2. The patch brings the 3rd wave of Syndicate robots, includes a few fixes and balancing changes, and we'll also perform some maintenance tasks. Downtime will be about 2 hours long.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-11-08

Huzzah! \o/:D

And we're live.

Patch notes: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2016-11-08

Early thoughts: Lots of interesting changed THANK YOU for the gamma building changes.  Im on the fence about the "Tuning module rebalancing" idk if i love it or hate it.  early testing shows you can't have a head full of tuners without a recharge nexus and legs full of rechargers.  I love the balance of you have to sacrifice a shield and lwf vs fewer tuners and more suitability.  Testing continues.

I'm open for feedback on the tuning changes if people think the penalties are too much for some weapon tunings.

6 (edited by Annihilator 2016-11-08 21:01:43)

nice change on the tuners
its about time

i hope that did include range extender

the changes on gamma are cosmetic though

edit: how does that affect firearm and missile tunings? both weapons hardly consume any energy, a penalty there is kinda meh

edit2:
ok, so firearms and missile tunings increase power consumption by 100%.
for firearms, especially MGs, thats ok.
but for missiles that have a low rate of fire, even with hundreds of tunings i don't think that makes much of a difference

also, what i do find REALLY BS... its the same penalty on ALL tiers, including T2 and prototypes.

30% on lasertunings
50% on magnetic tunings
100% on firearms and
missiles

nothing for range-extender, schield tunings but 30% on armor repair tuners?

edit3:
my PVE Seth mk2 emties out in 27seconds (machineguns, 5 prototype tuners)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

For me its too much,

I just lost my PVE robot due to this, minus 1 thing I do ingame.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

i think the change is ok.

i am confident DEV Zoom did also up the accumulator consumption of all NPCs that are supposed to have tuners fit.
really, i am confident that he did that, if he had to do that manually
really...

Zoom, did you do that?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i am confident DEV Zoom did also up the accumulator consumption of all NPCs that are supposed to have tuners fit.
really...

Zoom, did you do that?

No

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Seems a bit high on the accum cost might need to half the penalty

Annihilator wrote:

really...

Zoom, did you do that?

I don't have to do anything about that, NPCs are using the same modules and their robots have the same accumulator as players.

And yes the penalty is the same for all tiers, that's the point. Only the positive bonuses change, thus making higher tiers better and easily comparable.

Just to get some clarity on this:
Is this intended to be a sort-of stacking penalty?  But instead of reducing the performance of every extra module of the same type, you introduce a base penalty to accum performance?

If that's the case: what about all the other things that need to use the accum?

I agree a stacking penalty will introduce diversity in fits.  It makes the extra module slots of the Seth mk2 not overpower bots with other natural abilities/bonuses.  But why then target the penalty at the accum rather than the performance of the modules themselves?

Also now my symbiont can alpha strike a *** of noralgis out of those plant cycles smile  Feature?

I ask u change tuning modules? What u do ? Balance? big_smile sad...

Just @ Game

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't have to do anything about that, NPCs are using the same modules and their robots have the same accumulator as players.

Ohh really?? Damn those T3 mods observers drop seem pretty OP to me.. Where can I get some of those ?

green bots are still cap stable with 4 tunings but blue and yellow are barely stable with 1

so lasers and mags need to be rebalanced a bit

16 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2016-11-09 03:34:48)

Time to start getting more follow bot accounts and brush up your multi-boxing skills. lol

Edit: I take it back. If I had water in my mouth right now it would be all over the keyboard followed by heavy laughter. That is how I feel about the tuning rebalance.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Nice idea with tuners. All the fits got screwed and need revisiting, but hey.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

18 (edited by hermit 2016-11-09 07:54:10)

thing i have noticed about tuner patch is seems ok to use accu nexus but makes difficult leg slot fitting for cpu guess we will fiddle some more

19 (edited by Inda 2016-11-09 08:16:34)

Holy USA (crap)

The industrial tunings also got that change???

What in the Earth you put in your headslot then? (Its nice we had a yield bonus as well, but that is not change the fact you cant use any other module in your Industrial headslots.)

Energy to Earth!

In fact I'm a bit mixed. Riveler mk2 with 2 indu tunings you have a bit better bonus as before patch with 5 tunings if I remember numbers right. And with 3 tunings you are definitive far better than before patch, that is fine. BUt yes, now head slot is no longer that important for miner.

And NOra harvesting requires now an external energy transfer bot, but gives double the amount than before patch, so in the end 2 bots doing same as before but require a bit less plants. I like it other will hate it.

Inda wrote:

Holy USA (crap)

The industrial tunings also got that change???

What in the Earth you put in your headslot then? (Its nice we had a yield bonus as well, but that is not change the fact you cant use any other module in your Industrial headslots.)

Nexus modules, geoscanner(for convenience, to see tiles)

But yes, this is crazy, as usual.

I see a lot of interesting changes in the right direction.
But I think for miners we need solution for the fact that at this moment it is more effective to use more tunings and reduce cycle time by downgrading extensions.
That means an agent with less spend EP in mining might be the better miner than a veteran with maxed extensions.

And today you are better using miner modules not at T4 with this patch.

Aren't nexuses (recharge, indies) solve that? Can't test it right now. Especially indies installed on Scarabs

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Interesting balance change.
PvE fits now need a bit of a rethink.
What to do with all those head slots on a MK2 Heavy?

25 (edited by logicalNegation 2016-11-09 21:37:51)

I really think the accum penalty as a stand-in for a more direct performance degradation as a real stacking penalty is causing more issues than the one it solves.

As many have said and pointed out: anything that also depends on accum is now adversely affected.  Shields, ecm, enwar, reps, etc.

Also, the fact that now cycle times being reduced to make fits stable or using lower-tier equipment is totally backwards.  Why would T4 modules, that cost more to make, but have less utility for the end-user and therefore less value to them  because of faster cycle times?  Or why would having high skills with cycle time reduction, even with maxed out accum skills still result in accum instability?  More skills should improve performance.  If you can't run miners continuously, ore/hr is reduced, and this is the performance metric miners care about. 
As a miner/harvester, one should purchase and add more modules to a fit, therefore costing more(value), to increase this overall performance.  If adding more performance-enhancing modules suddenly starts making the fit less performative than a fit with empty slots(cheaper; but more effective?): why?  why not just reduce the increase in performance per module?  So the 4th or 5th module might be a drop in the bucket, but it doesn't go from viable to broken!  Now, cheaper fits get more done.  Whereas investing more here breaks the fit. 
Same for any PVE activity.  Now with less dps tunings, or accum instability, less bots are killed(PVP: therefore demand for bots/mods drops*), less materials are yielded, and pve-combat progress slows.

*This is a higher level issue about the life-span of a bot on field in pvp and pve and how that affects market/material demands.  I'd argue this demand needs to increase, not decrease.  More bots dying faster=good for the economy.

The tuning buffs and penalties on armor rep tunings and indy tunings are having some exploitable 'features'.  Very fast harvest mission running, nora explosion on yields, and more to find out!

So overall:
PVE combat is slower; due to lower damage output
Harvesting/mining have potentially high yield/short burst potentials; cause assignment times to drop.  token market inflation?
PVP: longer time on field, due to less overall dps. (Stalemates more likely; less death; less material demand)
PVP: more diverse fitting. +1