Topic: "Kick ***" button.

If you live at home and found a stranger, you throw out it?
The same must be and there: if I own outpost, why foreign person sitting inside and I can not do anything with them. For people sitting in outposts, the rules should be applied as relations dock. Or remove a chat terminal on betas. Since they have never been used.

Re: "Kick ***" button.

Wait... When everyone did it with us when we owned the station we didn't complain.  Now you wanna cry about it?  This has always been an issue we had to deal with for almost two years.  Deal with it.

If your house was bugged by the KGB, would you know it?????  Perhaps there should be no log as to who is in terminal.....

4 (edited by Chemist 2016-11-06 07:31:29)

Rovoc wrote:

Wait... When everyone did it with us when we owned the station we didn't complain.  Now you wanna cry about it?  This has always been an issue we had to deal with for almost two years.  Deal with it.

Where do I cry? I suggest. You have an eye on all terminals of all the islands. I think you're crying because you do not want to lose the eye.

It seems to me, must be the element of surprise. This is either to deny access not allowed players in owned the terminals or hide the chat inside owned the terminal.

I guess it's ok when it happens to us, but when it happens to you its the worst thing ever huh?

Rovoc wrote:

I guess it's ok when it happens to us, but when it happens to you its the worst thing ever huh?

That's how it's always been they only want stuff changed when it's an inconvenience for them.

7 (edited by Annihilator 2016-11-06 15:41:57)

oh, this again... Terminal chat.

its not that this topic is older then NSE or CIR corp to begin with.

little history lesson: "we dont want station games" was a driving factor in many game mechanic decisions. strangely enough, it led to what we have... station games.

even the DEVs said at one point, that they want to anonymize terminal chat for non-owners.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Too annoying when in all of our stations round the clock sitting enemy's eyes. If they see that we are less - they come. If we have more - they are sitting at home. You want to spy on us? Use masking modules.

We have station masking... big_smile.  Like i said we dealt with it for 2 years and the devs did nothing you can deal with it.

10 (edited by Rovoc 2016-11-07 07:36:05)

double post idk why that happens

If you do not insist, then nothing will change. And we insist, Mr. Zoom. It takes about 15 minutes, right?

+1, station spies are almost the same as Arkhe gate watchers and thus should be removed.

Either anonimous mode for terminal chat, or "Send to Alpha" button, or both.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

docking to terminals became an obsolete game mechanic in June 2015.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Wow, just wow.

If the DEVs follow up with the bad idea, then they better also move all equipment and bots from all players and corporations that don't have access to those terminals to a terminal that they do have access to.  I don't think you can do one without the other.  It wouldn't be fair to move players while some or all of his stuff is now inaccessible.

Altera wrote:

Wow, just wow.

If the DEVs follow up with the bad idea, then they better also move all equipment and bots from all players and corporations that don't have access to those terminals to a terminal that they do have access to.  I don't think you can do one without the other.  It wouldn't be fair to move players while some or all of his stuff is now inaccessible.

easier done then written. there are countless field terminals spread across the islands wink
also, whats the difference between not beeing ablet to access stuff in a terminal that you dont own, and a terminal that you got kicked out from?

16 (edited by Chemist 2016-11-08 00:35:30)

Altera wrote:

Wow, just wow.

Why do you need things in another terminal if you can not even dock/undock and just sit there as eyes?

Either grab the terminal and take their stuff.

Altera wrote:

Wow, just wow.

No need, actually. Noone forced you to leave that stuff there, so noone to blame it got locked.

All we need to do, is to slightly change Spark Teleport mechanics. Once OP owner press "kick" button, you should automatically spark to either closest open terminal, or closest Alpha, or even your starter terminal.

Once you are outside, you are free to prepare an army and retake ownership so you can then kick your enemies aswell.

Only thing - it should check offline players too. kicking those will be more or less similar to destroy a gamma base while someone is logged inside. Except in case of beta kick your assets remain safe.

Line wrote:

No need, actually. Noone forced you to leave that stuff there, so noone to blame it got locked.

All we need to do, is to slightly change Spark Teleport mechanics. Once OP owner press "kick" button, you should automatically spark to either closest open terminal, or closest Alpha, or even your starter terminal.

Once you are outside, you are free to prepare an army and retake ownership so you can then kick your enemies aswell.

Only thing - it should check offline players too. kicking those will be more or less similar to destroy a gamma base while someone is logged inside. Except in case of beta kick your assets remain safe.

good thinking  +1000

tbh, i think the DEVs never did that, because they always wanted to give those IN an outpost a chance to evacuate that robot they have in there.
IMHO an argument for a minority that may not have a replacement robot at alpha, that doesn't outweight all the arguments for just kickick everyone without docking right out.

How's that one could not have a chance to replace a bot on Alpha? That's the islands pvp-safe where you can grind and get some monies and buy whatever you want.

Then it's just a matter of sanity - to hold all the assets on lockable Betta or destructable Alpha. There always should be some extra on Alphas. Or just take the risks you can loose everything.

Line wrote:
Altera wrote:

Wow, just wow.

But if I am in a terminal, I should get to choose to take my assets or not.  You are forcing me to leave all my assets because you want to kick everyone from the terminal once it becomes locked.  I should get to choose when I leave the terminal and what assets I can haul out safely at the time of my choosing.

Altera wrote:

But if I am in a terminal, I should get to choose to take my assets or not.  You are forcing me to leave all my assets because you want to kick everyone from the terminal once it becomes locked.  I should get to choose when I leave the terminal and what assets I can haul out safely at the time of my choosing.

but if i meet you on terrain, i want to choose "drop my cargo into a safe location on alpha first" before you open fire on me.
wait, the DEVs intentionally have implemented several game mechanics just to avoid that. (demobs, combat-status with locked cargo-delte or field terminal access, molecular instability, teleport beacon charge timer, etc...)

you get to choose when to leave the terminal... ~8 hours between every sap, and according to CIR/PHM propaganda, you  get several DAYS to do it, because outpost stability needs to drop from 100, down to 0, and then back up to 50+ before your assets are locked away.

Altera wrote:

But you have that choice. Just contact new owners before they kicked you and ask them for let you go with your stuff. Diplomacy, you know.

23 (edited by TommySharks 2016-11-19 17:55:27)

There should be "invisible" state like in every normal chat outside this environment.
It will:
1) make useless all spy efforts
2) add some privacy to each player separately (because if we speak about invisible state we also speaking about "afk/busy", "chatmode" and "ingame" states)

My personal opinion as new member at this community: Players shouldn't abuse this not intended ingame features (lets avoid word bugs here) to do recoinassance work. They should use detector/masked e-war bots for this job more frequently.

TommySharks wrote:

...because if we speak about invisible state we also speaking about "afk/busy", "chatmode" and "ingame" states...

i honor your enthusiasm, but the games logic is to much driven around knowing who is online and what he does.
so AFK/Busy status wouldn't be automatic, nor used propably just because of that.

its a sad thing, but we proably will nerver see the general chat replaced with the anonymous terrain chat, where you will only become visible, if you write,
the "knowing how many guys are online"-feature of the geneal chat beeing replaced by a real online counter,
and terminal chat beeing replaced by... not having to dock with a terminal at all for any reason.