Topic: Missions still alone?

Missioning still better alone, why we cant change that? You guys even can change and if its not working you can set back. In my opinion that is the singlest change you can make the game better.

WHY?

Because if you incentifies to make missions together, you will be play the game together, then you will be able to go to PVP and so on! WIN - WIN!

SOLUTION:
More rewards when you make missions in teams (squads) like more NIC , and everyone gets tokens and such a things.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

2 (edited by Altera 2016-10-07 17:12:45)

Re: Missions still alone?

Inda wrote:

Missioning still better alone, why we cant change that? You guys even can change and if its not working you can set back. In my opinion that is the singlest change you can make the game better.

WHY?

Because if you incentifies to make missions together, you will be play the game together, then you will be able to go to PVP and so on! WIN - WIN!

SOLUTION:
More rewards when you make missions in teams (squads) like more NIC , and everyone gets tokens and such a things.

It will still need to be balanced.  If you just make mission incentives better in squads, you will go back to the old way of a single player with multiple accounts reaping big benefits for the same small missions.

A first step could be to allow players to select solo mission while still in a squad or a squad mission.  Then the balance of the squad missions needs to be worked.

But hey, think of the enjoyment we all have gotten from laughing at the guy who forgets to drop squad and starts to mission.. only to have to decline the mission and drop squad

You are right also.

But this is insane now, I have to say to new members leave the squad and do missions alone...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Nothing is done to encourage group play... Which is terrible for an MMO right?

We asked for it multiple times already.

It should be first priority tbh since combat PvE is what most new players are trying at first but well... I suppose it's better to tell them to gtfo.

I speak broken English.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … orthwhile/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … n-payouts/

More if you search for it.

I speak broken English.

the only thing they DEVs really tried to do to "encourage" group-play, is stuff that actually FORCES you into multiboxing.

starting with the cargo volume necessary to transport anything you gather in 30 minutes on terrain (combat loot, mining/harvesting) and the quantitys required to do anything off terrain (production, getting money)

also the balance regarding beeing able to repair one self when not in certain coockie-cutter builds (medium accu assaults, Seth MK2) and that crap Sensor-Amp mechanic that asks you to fit at least one or get RSA.

and whatever activity ingame you go for in PVE - the most efficient way is to do it ALONE and multiboxing.
rewards are always cut equally by the number of participants, and the maximum efficiency can be reached by a single agent (killspeed).
Usually DEVs (any game) argument that you increase your income in multiplayer because you get rewards faster, and as such counter the fact that you get only a fraction each time. Here in Perp definately NOT!

especially with missions - the workload is multiplied by the number of squadmembers, the overall reward stays the same - IF ALL are participants. and the time stays the same -> at the end each individual gets only a tiny fraction per timeframe compared to doing it alone

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It is worth doing PvE that is not missions in a squad due to EP rewards.

Even if it is a good laugh when people start missions in squad I think they shouldn't have to leave it. Missions should just ignore squad. The only way current state can be beneficial is due to aoe on beta.

We could use mission types dedicated to squad play - impossible to solo (alot of observers?(normal enemies will simply get outranged)). Lvl3 medium TAPs are kinda hard but those have certain restrictions (new players hesitate to venture into gamma).

Loot on red/hostile roaming large groups of enemies on beta islands should get increased to encourage hunting parties (and to make it closer to triple mission rewards). At the current state its much easier and more rewarding to just farm static spawns.