Topic: Yet another way to balance lights vs meds

No exat numbers, just a thought.

One part of the balance - is to increase both med bots hitsize and med guns dispersion - that way meds keep the same effectiveness against each other but dractically reduce their chances to hit something small.

Then another way - there are few approaches. Either raise med bots resists against light weapons - to make small weaponry barely scratch, or even make med bots immune to all the incoming damage below a certain level - like, light guns can hit you only if crit hit, otherwise 0 damage.

That covers just a damage so far. Next will come later.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Yet another way to balance lights vs meds

there is no point in reducing the damage of light weapons against bigger targets.

bigger targets have more health, and can regenerate that faster.
(if you ignore shield mechanics)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

point is that if we gonna balance around hit dispersion, that should be two-way, not one

otherwise everyone will just hop to small bots

Line wrote:

point is that if we gonna balance around hit dispersion, that should be two-way, not one

sure, because pilots is a non-limited resource, and you can always replace a single heavy mech with 10 small bots... right?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Line wrote:

Well if everyone use small bots then we get some good ol classic light/assault brawls. Theres something ya dont see every year!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Line wrote:

Well if everyone use small bots then we get some good ol classic light/assault brawls. Theres something ya dont see every year!

what's the point in big bots then? i mean, if big bots are good only against big bots but small bots are good against both small and bigs - why to bother and level big one?

my opinion is - to separate them slightly and make ppl bring both bigs and smalls in a combat