1 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2016-09-23 20:10:13)

Topic: Everyone should use general chat

Note: this should not be something permanent but should be a thing in current state of the game.

One of the biggest problems in the game for new player retention is that they come to game, see only 20 online in general chat and decide to leave when realistically that is only half or less then half the amount of people and characters actually online. As it stands this game is on a thread, and most veterans are not doing something so obvious and easy to help the game grow.

As such, I will put this here:
Its obvious the game wont ever have its online count thing re-implemented, and the user peek log thing is not in a visible place for players to see.

As such, why not make general chat like terminal or corporation chat where you are already in it? Most people won't like this idea because it means they can be seen. Well WHO CARES!?!? Think on the idea of game growth and not just intel that you will be scouted for in this small game anyways.

As I said before, most new player who come to the game see there are much less people in gen chat then that are actually online(usually at least 2 or 3 times the amount in gen chat at least.) and decide not to stay around because of this and yet vets choose to deny this and stay out of gen chat for reason A, B, C and point the finger at the devs regardless.

Well sure the devs should be doing much better but when we can be doing something so simple to show the game is somewhat active we choose not to for reason A,B,C. To be honest I still keep half of my main characters and most of my scout alts out of gen chat for the same reasons selfish enough of me but as such all of us including myself are needing to see the big picture here. as such this is my simple idea to the devs.

Make it like terminal or corp chat so that all online players are automatically in the chat or return the old login online count!

As it is the game pop is too low to keep intentionally giving a perception of a low game population so either people should be encourage to join gen chat themselves or just make gen chat an automatic join like corp, terminal, and vicinity.

Don't think how you can make a mechanic benefit yourself....
Think about how a mechanic can benefit the whole population!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Re: Everyone should use general chat

+1

General chat party!

I speak broken English.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Don't think how you can make a mechanic benefit yourself....
Think about how a mechanic can benefit the whole population!

+1

4 (edited by Gekko 2016-09-23 21:03:19)

+1

And if you want to avoid being seen then be always online - the enemy will only guess whether you really online or sleeping smile

5 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2016-09-23 22:04:56)

This is something I just now thought of but what if instead of either of the above what if there was another channel that everyone is automatically in that does not list users for a person unless they posted while user is online and disappear again if they relog (all disappear in the case of user relog).

I think this would be a good idea too and works for everyone.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Bump, for the sake of community, for the sake of the game: mandatory gen chat.

I give +10 to this idea - more about enforcing General Chat, but login counter could be nice too. big_smile