Topic: The new 3 day artifacts thing

Its this works? For me its dont work seems like.

I still have those 2 Observer stash since the Patch.

"New: From now on artifacts will be reset every 3 days at 8:00 server time."

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: The new 3 day artifacts thing

omg, Inda.... stop rushing posts like that:

translation

Inda wrote:

Does this work? For me it doesn't seem to work.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

omg, Inda.... stop rushing posts like that:

translation

Inda wrote:

Does this work? For me it doesn't seem to work.

Anni, that does make more sense.  I do agree, 3 days is a bit much.

-Ensi

I just would know, that is works for anyone, because for me it is seems doesnt working.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

I just would know, that is works for anyone, because for me it is seems doesnt working.

Are you saying that in 3 days your artifacts changed?  Is it 3 days from initial spawn time or 3 days from the 'scan ping'?  That's the real question ain't it?

-Ensi

6 (edited by Mroq 2016-08-18 08:43:37)

Artifacts did not reset for me after 3 days. They did reset right after the patch however.

There was a bug with this, and it's working a bit different than what the patch notes said.

From now on every morning at 8:00 server time, artifacts that are older than 3 days will be deleted and new ones will spawn.

(patch notes updated)

I tell you what, in over 50 artifacts, I have only seen a couple level 3's (none were scientific or Observer beyond 2).

Tellesis ain't small.  So, to do that many artifacts ... geeze. 

One more thing ... why in the world would a level 2 Scientific toss out a SINGLE level 3 Decoder?  Ummm ... can we get loot tables adjusted? 

On Gamma, I got a level 3 Scientific and smacked in the face with a Scarab Mk 2 CT (150) ... that's actually logical.

I'm just saying, I understand it's risk vs reward ... but a level 2 Scientific should not just spit out a level 3 decoder  as it's ONLY reward! 

Maybe they need to go to level 5 on Beta and level 7 on Gamma ...

Ok, i'm done for now. 

-Ensi

Price of decoders is largely market dictated. In order to never get a bad loot one would have to calibrate the contents with the market situation (which would be wrong on multiple ways).

Beta is an option and its even supposed to be because alpha doesn't dominate even with the downside of the occasional wtfpwned of beta. If players would rather whine for the developers to buff alpha loot than to venture to beta, we got a serious case of scrub on our hands.

Its fine that you first fix what naturally appers where and then let the market dictate what solo wolfs get compensated for the drops. Its not that you first fix what solo artifacters should be making and change the natural occorances to meet those expectations.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

Price of decoders is largely market dictated. In order to never get a bad loot one would have to calibrate the contents with the market situation (which would be wrong on multiple ways).

Beta is an option and its even supposed to be because alpha doesn't dominate even with the downside of the occasional wtfpwned of beta. If players would rather whine for the developers to buff alpha loot than to venture to beta, we got a serious case of scrub on our hands.

Its fine that you first fix what naturally appers where and then let the market dictate what solo wolfs get compensated for the drops. Its not that you first fix what solo artifacters should be making and change the natural occorances to meet those expectations.

Are you implying that the value of an item generated by an artifact is driven by the price of the crap on the market?  Because, that's almost what it sounds like.  If not, get more clear.  I do NOT expect a pos LOW LEVEL level 3 decoder to be the ONLY piece of crap I get from a can ... EVER.  I expect more useless garbage!  Period! 

I'm saying, it seems in need of a little repair.

-Ensi

Decoders are not super sensitive to their level. Multiple low level ones are almost as good as few high level ones.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

Decoders are not super sensitive to their level. Multiple low level ones are almost as good as few high level ones.

especially since you can use the horadric cube station to combine two lower ones to a higher one, right?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Rolafen Azec wrote:

especially since you can use the horadric cube station to combine two lower ones to a higher one, right?

10 to another level

(that is the CT you talkng about)

Energy to Earth!

The minimum decoding levels are the strongest factors which make the level matter. But with the decoder lab you can turn 512 lvl 1 decoders into a single lvl 10 via the power of NIC. The branching ratio on there is only 1:2 between levels.

Even if you don't personally have access to such a facility it makes it possible to sell low level coders to increase the supply on high level coders.

I do feel that the decoder lab functionality should be on beta too, the same as CT combination. Lower the efficiency of course but its a small and easy addition to beta living viability and station ownership.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I do feel that the decoder lab functionality should be on beta too, the same as CT combination. Lower the efficiency of course but its a small and easy addition to beta living viability and station ownership.

indeed - we need more stuff on beta that is done within a single building, where the industrialist cannot ever lose it as he never needs to "set foot" on terrain for it.

have you never thought about how wrong it is that all of that is bound to ONE factor that you call "station ownership" ?