Topic: DEVs - Progress on the most important feature for your games future?

I am talking about random attribute items.
you had called it Tier 5,
but i would call it Tier zero - or in other words DEFAULT LOOT.

NPCs really should just drop Scrap, Ammo and rarely some loot items.

- Scrap loot is something you extract if you got your recycling extension up
- Ammo is the stuff that allows you to extend your time on the terrain by using the same weapons as your targets
- and NIC bounty is the stuff you see on your wallet for every kill as SURE REWARD that survives even if you are killed

and if someone asks -
Knowledge is the stuff you should get by producing stuff, and/or by recycling loot

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: DEVs - Progress on the most important feature for your games future?

For every npc that died in game should delete Annis most recent post.  That would be the most important feature.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Tiers are fine, add sizes.

I'd like to see robots that used large weapons already ...

See that Observer over there? 

>looks at watch< 

Begins the 60 sec locking sequence ...

>taps foot and rechecks watch<

Well, I didn't say it would be immediate ...

>looks at watch again<

Yes!  Just a few more moments ...

>gasps as I lose lock due to range<

SOB!  I can 1 hit them Superior Observer Mechs!  I just wanted to show ya the sweet projectile!  Freaking npcs! 

Hey!  How about you go 'lure' it ... I mean, either way we'll get an explosion!  >winks<

-Ensi

5 (edited by Celebro 2016-08-17 03:29:47)

I like to see a complete game redsign from the ground up. A complete rethink on what players demands are now, not 10 years ago.

Personally a more simplified system, less grinds and get more players to focus on pvp. For instance I would lose all the Eve-like slots things on mechs, just give it one slot that modifies reactor/cpu, then players use sliders to change further stats depending on bots. Fallback to a few tiers only.

In essence give us more bots with specific roles to compensate for lack of modules.

Edit:Mining should be less time intensive much less. Harvesting seems ok. Just have one type of ore deposits and as you chip over the layers you get to the good stuff espcially in Beta/Gamma(epri/colixium). Smaller deposits too that get much slower once you go lets say starting from titan all the way to liquizit in alpha only. Anyways this needs to be llike 10 times faster to mine than now.

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-08-17 22:46:35)

Cut out the macro miners & fully automate mining. its boring & no one sane does it for "fun". Just have deployable items that mine for us while players can be doing more enjoyable things.

Just a random thought that has been mentioned by others for years..

smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I'm not sure if you guys have hidden 10 devs but it might be an idea suggesting things that can be done

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

I'm not sure if you guys have hidden 10 devs but it might be an idea suggesting things that can be done

Sooo... shut the server down then?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Cut out the macro miners & fully automate mining. its boring & no one sane does it for "fun". Just have deployable items that mine for us while players can be doing more enjoyable things.

smile

since mining is a profession, that i don't want to get rid of, i would do it the oppositte way. let the content of a single mining/harvesting mech be something worthy,
but let the the process be something that demands your attention to stay alive and haul it in.

at the same time, make that one weapon slot worth equipping a weapon, and give the symbiont its second weapon slot back.

If anything in this games developing went fundamentally wrong, then it was the mindset of the DEVs to develop TWO games - a PvP one, and a PvE one.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

10 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2016-08-18 11:01:18)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

smile

I actually quite enjoy mining and harvesting. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

There is, however, a place for passive mining modules if balanced correctly.

Something like: Deploy, load with fuel, defend, haul
Condidtions: Deployable on all islands, Can be emptied by anyone, Destroyable by NPCs and players, Single use only, Player manufactured, Slow extraction rate.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

smile

I actually quite enjoy mining and harvesting. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

There is, however, a place for passive mining modules if balanced correctly.

Something like: Deploy, load with fuel, defend, haul
Condidtions: Deployable on all islands, Can be emptied by anyone, Destroyable by NPCs and players, Single use only, Player manufactured, Slow extraction rate.

This idea is my love for years!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Anyone played RFO (Rising Force Online aka RF Online)? 

My memory is a bit foggy in mah old age, however, you could deploy a mining tower to mine like 50-75% effective of the player.  So, it's not the first game something similar has been in.

-Ensi