Topic: Teleport Anomaly - Feature ...

Imho ... terrible 'feature'.  I had my first experience with it today and it's kinda like ... bad.

Run around to use one ... run to the next ... use that one ... (one use?  bah)

Why did we go from just being able to deploy them to this system?  Is it because the beacon pits people used to use?  I guess that makes sense, but this is ... very obtuse.  Might as well not drop beacons. 

Also, with the test server down, I get to risk popping level 2 beacons on beta just to see what to expect and prepare for the combat ... yay ... screw that. 

Suppose this 'feature' is here to stay?  >sighs<

-Ensi

Re: Teleport Anomaly - Feature ...

uhmm from my understanding you don't need to run to the next one, when you pop a beacon at an anomaly it will spawn NPC's and when you are finished completing the waves that follow the anomaly will turn red? and you can then jump to the next anomaly, rinse and repeat.

Which is cool, I like this content but twelve waves of mechs and heavies for 5 - 10 million is pretty awful. Missions were supposed to be balanced at 30 mil per hour + loot and tokens. TAPs are about a quarter of that AND you have to get the tap too. If anything tap reward should be more than missions to account for the cost of the beacon itself.

I would suggest adding a reward notification once a TAP is complete that gives NIC.

Something like

Light 1 - 10 million
Medium 1 - 20 million
Light 2 - 20 million
Medium 3 - 40 million
Light 3 - 40 million
Medium 3 - 80 million

Would reflect the risk and difficulty of doing taps and encourage their use and the risk of combat bots in combat areas.

I would also introduce

Heavy 1 - 30 million
Heavy 2 - 100 million
Heavy 3 - 150 million

That offers group level difficulty

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Blocker wrote:

uhmm from my understanding you don't need to run to the next one, when you pop a beacon at an anomaly it will spawn NPC's and when you are finished completing the waves that follow the anomaly will turn red? and you can then jump to the next anomaly, rinse and repeat.

I didn't know you could teleport with em ... doh!  Still rather annoying.  Why not just let us go back to placing em where we want? 

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:
Blocker wrote:

I didn't know you could teleport with em ... doh!  Still rather annoying.  Why not just let us go back to placing em where we want? 

-Ensi

because that was abused to extreme extends. and every attempt to fix it, failed misserably.
so, they changed it alltogether to what we have now.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Ensireka wrote:
Blocker wrote:

-Ensi

because that was abused to extreme extends. and every attempt to fix it, failed misserably.
so, they changed it alltogether to what we have now.

I think they did a good job, it just needs the reward fixing. They can't change the loot tables just for TAPS which is why I'm thinking a NIC reward for completing .... Something storyline like such as killing pockets of resistance

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

i had an idea of combining taps to create bigger ones @ diminished return but no one went for it.

ah, jita
don't bring storyline in there

if this would make any sense from a story standpoint... then after you doing several TAPs, the nian forces would send you a REALLY adequate answer... and i am not talking about a fail frontal assault that will just explode in a chain reaction, but having elite forces spawning from several anomalies around your location and homing in at you from all directions with coordinated EWAR and DPS.

oh, and your're wrong. the loot tables are by far not a reason. the DEVs can spawn reward-containers independent from the robots you are killing at the end - if they want to.
But then... by doing so, it would be the same *** that prevents the game from growing...
and there you are right - the reward needs to be something that does not explode with your robot.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

has anyone done T3 taps on gamma?  Im curious what that's like seriously does anyone have any experience? How much would you risk doing beacons on gamma that don't give *** for payout?

They are kind of fun, some of the guys were doing them on gamma but just for novelty. The payout needs fixing so bad

The accepted rumor was that TAP npc loot would be adjusted for the decreased speed, and increased difficulty of running TAPs vs the old Beacons, but without the exploitability.

This was going to be put in with a whole loot-table rewrite to programmatically control npc loots, instead of what is currently implemented (hard-coded by spawn?).

Given how things go, eyes bigger than our schedules, maybe a stop-gap measure to just adjust the loot on TAPs to be what they should be, and leave the loot-table rewrite for later.

Honestly, we run them for kicks and to get new players over the thrill and desperation for new PVE content. 

Either way it seems like the bottom line of anyone's experience with TAPs is it isn't worth the: time, risk, and/or reward.  The new system locks out the time/risk, forcing you to run 1 at a time, at the location the anomaly spawns (adding considerable risk on beta/gamma w/ reds and jumping inside enemy bases).  Naturally, better loot drops would balance this.

Jita wrote:

They are kind of fun, some of the guys were doing them on gamma but just for novelty. The payout needs fixing so bad

That T4+ doesn't drop itself ya know! big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Jita wrote:

That T4+ doesn't drop itself ya know! big_smile

Especially when you can't kill the npcs.  >sighs<

-Ensi