1 (edited by Ensireka 2016-08-10 03:28:52)

Topic: Automatic Reload / Forced Reload

I undoubtedly cannot be the only one to experience the lack of reloading when my gun runs out of ammo and the npc is destroyed on that last round, leaving the gun(s) at 0; to which it opts to NOT reload and forces me to do it.

When I try to force reload the guns, if they are blinking blue ... nothing happens after the firing cycle finishes.

So, I must wait for the gun to stop flashing blue (as it does when the target is killed or switched) in order to reload my guns.  However, if I force reload the guns while the target is up and the guns cycle has not completed (and is NOT flashing), it will signal to the guns to reload and does the blue & yellow flashing.

I have experienced this same issue with mining and harvesting.  This was not always the case.  This used to never be an issue ... what happened?  Is this terrible ammo reloading intended?  It makes combat / mining and harvesting dreadful (as now we have to reload constantly; else we'll run out of ammo if we forget to pay attention).

Can you PLEASE find a way to revert this?  PLEASE? 

Ok, anyone else notice this also?  (I hope it's not just me, at the same time I hope others don't have to deal with this.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and add input.

-Ensi

Re: Automatic Reload / Forced Reload

Has been thus for many years.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Has been thus for many years.

and from years of experience - whenever the DEVs touch that code, they break it even more.
really.

btw, the alternative (previous iteration) was, that guns only stopped cycling if stopped manually, or error (no primary target).
this often resulted in an unwanted extra cycle + cooldown (blue blinking)

now, cycling is forcefully stopped if you lose your primary target (switching or exploding, or whatever reason)
if that was the last shot of the magazine, it wont automatically reload.

aside of that, because the weapon is then empty, the game doesn't know what ammo it shall load or has been in there, and if you force reload it (after the cooldown!) you may end up with a random one from your cargo.

but ludlow is right... that was changed years ago...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Why is it that they 'ignore' a fix that i would undoubtedly expect has removed players?  Well ... don't answer that ...

Why is it that when I have multiple targets on my list, as time when I destroy one, I lose 'main target' and it whines I have no primary?  Why doesn't it automatically switch to the next piece of scrap on my list?  why can't i shoot multiple bots at the same time?  sad

Just wondering ...

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

Why is it that they 'ignore' a fix that i would undoubtedly expect has removed players?  Well ... don't answer that ...

Why is it that when I have multiple targets on my list, as time when I destroy one, I lose 'main target' and it whines I have no primary?  Why doesn't it automatically switch to the next piece of scrap on my list?  why can't i shoot multiple bots at the same time?  sad

Just wondering ...

-Ensi

because you haven't checked the options that say "autopromote next target to primary"... wherever that was hidden.
that option is there, it works most of the times,
but often the game doesn't remember what target is supposed to be "next"

and you cannot shoot multiple bots at the same time, because esthetical reasons: your robot can only face a single target with its torso,
and even if the weapons could theoretically aim at different targets at the same times, the game engine cannot prevent weapons then facing impossible directions (like the left arm shooting at something at your left side, through your robots body.

in other words, look at mining and harvesting bots and how crazy multiple targets look there.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Ensireka wrote:

Just wondering ...

-Ensi

because you haven't checked the options that say "autopromote next target to primary"... wherever that was hidden.
that option is there, it works most of the times,
but often the game doesn't remember what target is supposed to be "next"

and you cannot shoot multiple bots at the same time, because esthetical reasons: your robot can only face a single target with its torso,
and even if the weapons could theoretically aim at different targets at the same times, the game engine cannot prevent weapons then facing impossible directions (like the left arm shooting at something at your left side, through your robots body.

in other words, look at mining and harvesting bots and how crazy multiple targets look there.

For the most part, it does give me a 'main target' ... just really dumb how when i have 8 unit's targeted, it refuses to see that and I have to manually retarget again ... wither with 'tab > space' or just 'space' if it's currently highlighted in the targeting computer' or 'click > space' or 'click > R' just to make sure.

I'm going to go on a limb here and say 'my targets are usually all in the same general direction'.  I can technically shoot 'through' enemies and hit units behind them.  Therefore, shooting more then one target at the same time seems logical.

-Ensi