Topic: Mission payouts

So, just ran a lvl 5 mission in Tellesis and realized im not getting the proper payout. The mission said 1.9m payout but when i finished it I got 371k. I was solo but in squad (no others undocked or even on the same island). What's the deal?

2 (edited by Annihilator 2016-08-09 00:02:57)

Re: Mission payouts

Smokeyii wrote:

So, just ran a lvl 5 mission in Tellesis and realized im not getting the proper payout. The mission said 1.9m payout but when i finished it I got 371k. I was solo but in squad (no others undocked or even on the same island). What's the deal?

working as intended...

here is the topic:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/132181/#p132181

it doesnt matter how many participate - the mission payout will be divided by the number of members currently online, but only those who participate will get the "share".

haven't read any patchnotes yet about that beeing changed.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This was a change in 3.7.4.

Change: The NIC reward share of non-participating squad members won't be accumulated by the participating members anymore, it will be lost instead. Note that assignment difficulty is still calculated by the squad size when requesting an assignment.

Basically Zoom nerfed mission payout by a factor of ten. While keeping the prices of token store items the same.

It was awesome.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Basically Zoom nerfed mission payout by a factor of ten. While keeping the prices of token store items the same.

a.k.a. mission payouts were ten times more than intended for a single player.

Keep doing what ur doing zoom i think its working.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

and now doing a mission in a squad alone rewards you with only a fraction of what you could get if you had left the squad.

instead of fixing your mission templates, you f*cked up the reward system again. The only thing that was wrong, has been with missions that didn't really scale in difficulty
(like combat missions on beta beeing the reincarnation of 100-beacons popcorn farming, infinite grindable harvest missions)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

and now doing a mission in a squad alone rewards you with only a fraction of what you could get if you had left the squad.

instead of fixing your mission templates, you f*cked up the reward system again. The only thing that was wrong, has been with missions that didn't really scale in difficulty
(like combat missions on beta beeing the reincarnation of 100-beacons popcorn farming, infinite grindable harvest missions)

Now in a solo level 5 mission you might have the difficult task of facing an arkhe. Its ***

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

PvE is the thing that keep most people playing MMOs, PvP only population is a tiny bit.

Sometimes there is a few of us that want to run combat missions together but... there is no point.
They are too easy, not rewarding enough, no cooperation is needed, and that is terrible for a multiplayer game.

Worst than that, we have to leave our squad to do them.

Please think about it.

I speak broken English.

Leary wrote:

PvE is the thing that keep most people playing MMOs, PvP only population is a tiny bit.

Sometimes there is a few of us that want to run combat missions together but... there is no point.
They are too easy, not rewarding enough, no cooperation is needed, and that is terrible for a multiplayer game.

Worst than that, we have to leave our squad to do them.

Please think about it.

please keep in mind, the only thing that the DEVs could do, to make combat missions require a squad, is something that makes all the whiny multiboxers come out of their crevices and starting to complain that they cannot solo that stuff anymore with multiple accounts.

and the funny fact, on DEV side, it only requires something VERY EASY, and something they are supposed to work on anyway (AI).