Topic: Private transport Assigment ease of use

THere is now  new indy bot that isa fast and has a small cargo hold. This makes paperwork related to it happen more often. However paradoxically this is the most painful reason not to use it.

1) Make it easy to split an amount to be transferred into many small transport assignments.
This is partially the case as "unstack" lets you know fast how many trips you will be assigning. However getting these stack into boxes is not helped by any feature.

2) Make it easier to make many similar transport asisgnments
For example a feature where it would fill out the fields with last used values would be a big improvemebnt as now you need to type out every field every time.

3) Make it possible to post multiple transport assignments with a single command.
For example it woudl be nice if I could box select a bunch of (identical) resource stacks (such as those produced by unstack) and if the selection contained any transport boxes make the resources stacks go into boxes (so from 10x 18u of triandulus and 10 transport boxes go to transport box with 18u triandulus inside it x 10). If I have multiple filled transport boxes make it possible to enter them as transport missions with identical conditions with filling those conditions once. Now if I want to send 10x 18u of triandulus I need to fill out the collateral 10 times. Well dah for that amount of triandulus it has stayed the exact same.

4) move transport assigments somewhere more visible
It woudl eb nice if transport assignments could be obviously available in the source terminal. Also so if the the termianl is a target termianl for any transport assignments. Now its almost hidden behind missions so one needs to first to decide to check out the availability. For example if the terminal screen had a single number or evena flag that such misison are avialble and clicking said falg woudl take you directly tot he offering it woudl be way more easier to get agents to do these things.

Re: Private transport Assigment ease of use

My idea about Private Assigments is, move those in the "Regular ASsigment" window, so if there is a Pr. As. in your terminal and you doing assigments you will see that.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1

#4 is key, the primary reason people dont use/think about transport assignments is because its tucked away obscurely in the UI.  I would push for this as it seems to be the easiest thing to implement.

logicalNegation wrote:

+1

#4 is key, the primary reason people dont use/think about transport assignments is because its tucked away obscurely in the UI.  I would push for this as it seems to be the easiest thing to implement.

i think the #1 reason why noone thinks about them, is because you can't grind them, and the require you to travel further then 500m for less reward then those infinte, guaranteed and grindable alternatives you can run instead.

just my thought wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

My issue is, how do you guarantee that people won't eff you over and destroy the can?  Didn't that happen by some prick when Private Assignments were first released?  Yes.  They destroyed like 16 cans.

How would you control this?  Making someone pay 120m for a can for a 500k reward?  People can be petty.  But people likely won't pay a fair enough transport fee.

Could we instead insta transport the items back to the starting point?  A way to protect the Assignment giver against the Assignment taker.

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

My issue is, how do you guarantee that people won't eff you over and destroy the can?  Didn't that happen by some prick when Private Assignments were first released?  Yes.  They destroyed like 16 cans.

How would you control this?  Making someone pay 120m for a can for a 500k reward?  People can be petty.  But people likely won't pay a fair enough transport fee.

Could we instead insta transport the items back to the starting point?  A way to protect the Assignment giver against the Assignment taker.

-Ensi

the issue is, how easy exploitable that would be.
wanna haul something across beta? just create transport assigment with your alt and then haul it. 100% save haul as the carge will be teleported back to the station if the hauler gets killed.

there was something implemented, conditions for an auto-return - but it was described so complicated that i forgot it big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Collateral has been invented. It takes care of can destruction mostly. You need to price ti so taht you are ambivalent about getting the good to the destiantion vs the collateral paying out. The existence of collateral does make people accept them at a lesser rate thought.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

Collateral has been invented. It takes care of can destruction mostly. You need to price ti so taht you are ambivalent about getting the good to the destiantion vs the collateral paying out. The existence of collateral does make people accept them at a lesser rate thought.

Agreed, we need a way to encourage private assignments.  Would be nice if they  gave standing (and would be abused) i'm sure ... I dunno. 

Just trying to think of a way to make them ... really beneficial to newbies or anyone that actually does the assignment.  Any ideas peeps?

-Ensi