26 (edited by Perpetuum 2016-08-02 01:57:35)

Re: New devblog: Syndicate robots - Wave 1

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Lobo wrote:

but I want to have the choice to engage or not and not get one shot. Please look deeper at the hit size mechanics vs alpha strikes of heavies on assaults, as fun as it is to one-shot assault classes it shouldn't  happen to vets or noobs alike.

Yes this is something I plan to specifically look into. Maybe a bigger difference is needed between the hit size of lights/assaults and the accuracy of medium weapons.

well, thats a good idea,
but you have to look at the implications that come with that too. especially with shields, medium accumulators and ewar that has 100% chance to hit and no LoS restriction that does not have any penalty from beeing boosted by rangextenders wink

No ***.

Zoom is slow, but not stupid.
More thoughts to come with a SS.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes this is something I plan to specifically look into. Maybe a bigger difference is needed between the hit size of lights/assaults and the accuracy of medium weapons.

well, thats a good idea,
but you have to look at the implications that come with that too. especially with shields, medium accumulators and ewar that has 100% chance to hit and no LoS restriction that does not have any penalty from beeing boosted by rangextenders wink

No ***.

Zoom is slow, but not stupid.
More thoughts to come with a SS.

With my few encounters of ewar, it seems just a bit unbalanced ... just a bit ...

NPC's jam quite easily with 2 t4 eccm and players ... wtf.  I'm not sure, but imho only ewar bots should be able to equip ewar offensive equipment and everybot should be able to equip ewar defensive equipment. 

Why are there no extensions to raise the effectiveness of ewar defensive items?  Because it's not like there aren't any modules or extensions for ewar equipment to be more potent. 

Maybe it's not the point of people using ewar on non-ewar bots as much as maybe it is that they can fit it with such ease on these non-ewar bots.  Maybe jack the ewar offensive items reactor / cpu and accumulator usage by 100% and give ewar bots bonus's that reduce all ewar equipment stats by 50%  (which would return it to it's original fitting / accumulator usage) on ewar bots.

I can't help it, an non-ewar assault with the ewar effectiveness near that of an ewar bot seems pretty shoddy and unbalanced.  Shouldn't ewar be physically weaker then non ewar bots? 

Bah. I'm not holding my breath.  Most people that use ewar love being able to be tanky, do good dps and have no limitations ... but, ain't that the base of the problem?

Just saying ...

-Ensi

(Yes, I expect flames)

Ewar seems fairly balanced to me post patch. There's a distinct reason to use mechs over heavies now. Heavies are still able to cope with ewar if fit properly. I would like to see more difference between light and mech sized ewar strength but no real complaints.

My main challenge for the ewar change was the nerf to demobs when used on a zenith. They nerfed a play style there for no reason. It would be nice if the new ewar mech addressed that.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Currently we have about 3 ewar roles uncovered - demobs, nexuses, interference modulation. (or 4 if you're counting target painting but meh) and just one ewar bot coming with Sindybots (one per class where it present I mean). So here is an offer - how about you will make 3 of them visually distinct only in color and name? One per uncovered role (one by one or all at once). Visual redesign can be made later, let's play with those roles and their balance first.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Jita wrote:

Ewar seems fairly balanced to me post patch. There's a distinct reason to use mechs over heavies now. Heavies are still able to cope with ewar if fit properly. I would like to see more difference between light and mech sized ewar strength but no real complaints.

My main challenge for the ewar change was the nerf to demobs when used on a zenith. They nerfed a play style there for no reason. It would be nice if the new ewar mech addressed that.

Jita... how long do you think counterstrike would be played if they would put in a blinding gluegun in, that can shoot through walls with infinite ammo?

demobs neither have a chance to hit, nor do they have any LoS restrictions. their limit should have been their short range, forcing the attacker into the danger of beeing hit,
and the risk that the target has resist/immunity against it.

the Zenith with its range bonus had more range with the SHORT RANGE demob then most mech/heavy mech fits, and ofc, more range then anything smaller then a mech could even lock the zenith. The ultimate tool for blobbing...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Notice how this is all general conjecture without any real numbers?

I am Perpetuum.

I'm a little late, but why not use this oppertunity to make at least one not human-like combat mech?

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:

Jita... how long do you think counterstrike would be played if they would put in a blinding gluegun in, that can shoot through walls with infinite ammo?

demobs neither have a chance to hit, nor do they have any LoS restrictions. their limit should have been their short range, forcing the attacker into the danger of beeing hit,
and the risk that the target has resist/immunity against it.

the Zenith with its range bonus had more range with the SHORT RANGE demob then most mech/heavy mech fits, and ofc, more range then anything smaller then a mech could even lock the zenith. The ultimate tool for blobbing...

But mostly people are demob proof, there is your chance to hit. Its a good counter measure.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."