Topic: Piece of shlt instead of GF on intrusions.

Dear DeVs... Intrusion 2.0 been crap since it's start. Our enemies don't want lose their bots every day. They not interested fight for 10-15 stability and risk. I remember how many people leaved after that patch.
It was obvious mistake since implementing. The time confirmed that.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Piece of shlt instead of GF on intrusions.

i thought it was working as intended.

to give smaller corps as chance, the intrusion timers are set to happen all around the clock. All Tasks can be done in relative short times <5minutes and most of them only need a single agent.

perfectly well balanced and  outpost locking prevents bigger corps from not overpowering smaller ones.

the random times all around the clock are also perfectly working to prevent smaller entities to capture and keep several outposts all across the game world.

oh, and the loot drop rewards that each sap drops are perfectly well implemented to boost big fights...

*signature*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Hunter 2016-07-30 11:11:50)

That means that DeVs intent: out of pvp and out of active players. Only angry eyes looking from outposts.

Why the crybabies wins?

So you want to be able to blob your enemies with more numbers when its convenient for you?  And not have to play with other players in their own timezone?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It's a fine line to draw really but boring people out of the game or time zoning isn't beneficial.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Well Jita your corporation is the only one willing to do anything about it.  Hats off to ya'll.

So we had some nice big fights but applied some changes which made lots of people to leave - and that's all just to give small corps a chance? Good job then, currently all the corps are small and really have their chance.

Intrusion 2.0 was a mistake. We need to revisit it.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

There was a time of ~2 years when every 2nd SAP had the potential for a 50+ man fight. Then we got bored of owning the world in a dead game and left to play other games.

Intrusion 2.0 works fine when there's a population. Same as everything in the game.

Line wrote:

So we had some nice big fights but applied some changes which made lots of people to leave - and that's all just to give small corps a chance? Good job then, currently all the corps are small and really have their chance.

You need to actively live on an island to own it.  Intrusion 2.0 does that.

Ville wrote:

Been there, doing that. Ended with all of you guys turn into ninja sappers when noone is on. Exactly that chance for a small corp, uhu.

I can't understand you Ville. What's a wrong with you? Your guys calls a blob even PvP in equals conditions.

However instead of misrepresentation i would like to be clear for everyone: The people dislikes when the game become to work.

1) The war never goes for one outpost on island. Every time the factions fight for a whole island. There are need too much time to get it. This is stupid.

2) Like a rats people prefer ninja intrusions instead of battles.

...Basicaly there are lot's of aspects that been spoiled by intrusions 2.0.

I will repeat once more but last here: The ppl won't really play intrusions. This is worthless. The ppl won't build gammas - this worthless too.

Why the crybabies wins?

Ville wrote:
Line wrote:

Disagree, to "own" an island you need to only be able to cover all timezones. Living on an island is not necessarily related to covering all timezones. All you need is an alt in the stations to do sap scans and then turn up early to defend.
I would love to see it made in such a way that you DID need to live on an island to own it, but there is simply not enough content to keep people happy on a single island at the moment. No-one really wants beta 2's because it seems the planned upgrade to them has been tossed in the bin, add to that the stupid specimen sap and, well you can see what the landscape is like.

I'm going to break out the crayons:  people across the world play this game.  They each live in this thing called "Timezones".  Sometimes the Timezones over lap sometimes they don't.  If you want to Pvp in your Timezone don't ALLY UP everyone in your Timezone.  You can't force fights when people against you are in a different timezone.  People have to work, make family time and sleep and they typically only have 2 to 4 hours of play time.  You don't have to own the stations to Own the island.  You just have to live there and play.  In your respective Timezones.  The Aussies can educate you well on that.  I.E.  Don't *** with the Aussies in their Timezone.

You can't "own" an island. The only thing you can own on Betas - is 2-3 stations and some space right around you that is within your optimal range. All that TZ bullshit - it's just an excuse to avoiding fights.

15 (edited by Ville 2016-08-03 01:27:30)

Yes Line, people should quit their jobs and neglect their family to pvp in a video game.... roll  no wonder there is 15 Russian players and 20 Russian corporations in this game lol..

Ville wrote:

Yes Line, people should quit their jobs and neglect their family to pvp in a video game.... roll

I have to admit, that post had me somewhat baffled as well.. Wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Ville wrote:

Yes Line, people should quit their jobs and neglect their family to pvp in a video game....

and that's exactly the point of why the current intrusion system is wrong because the only thing it suits for - is your beloved sap onanism when you're taking the sap just to loose it 8-16 hours later because it's, you know... in the wrong TZ.

Ville just wants to say, there are more guys without family and job on his side then yours wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Line wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yes Line, people should quit their jobs and neglect their family to pvp in a video game....

and that's exactly the point of why the current intrusion system is wrong because the only thing it suits for - is your beloved sap onanism when you're taking the sap just to loose it 8-16 hours later because it's, you know... in the wrong TZ.

The systems designed for the stations to be floating at 75% ~ 100%.  That's why lock outs occur at 50%.  What's one or two saps cost you?  Some efficiency on a facility or 1% on an aura?  Come on Line that's nothing and the developers gave you another option to avoid that.  Gamma.  So dry the tears and don't let Race Drones beat you down too much.

Ville wrote:

The systems designed for the stations to be floating at 75% ~ 100%.  That's why lock outs occur at 50%.  What's one or two saps cost you?  Some efficiency on a facility or 1% on an aura?  Come on Line that's nothing and the developers gave you another option to avoid that.  Gamma.  So dry the tears and don't let Race Drones beat you down too much.

I would, but there is no Race Drones.

So current system requires me being online every 8-16 hours to get those lost percents back, and I can'r choose the time that suits me well. That means that all the ownership - it's hust a matter of who has no life but protect all the saps, or a matter of sap types being opened. Like, who is getting more of good saps and who is not. For that last case we could just drop the coin, you know.

It's good that I have no timezone (or i have all timezones), atm @ charlie ~ golf.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race Drones wrote:

It's good that I have no timezone (or i have all timezones), atm @ charlie ~ golf.

Having no timezones or all timezones is fun. Until sleep kicks in. big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Line wrote:
Ville wrote:

I would, but there is no Race Drones.

So current system requires me being online every 8-16 hours to get those lost percents back, and I can'r choose the time that suits me well. That means that all the ownership - it's hust a matter of who has no life but protect all the saps, or a matter of sap types being opened. Like, who is getting more of good saps and who is not. For that last case we could just drop the coin, you know.

For those days you get a couple bad times, there is always a string of good ones.  It works itself out in the wash.

Ville wrote:

For those days you get a couple bad times, there is always a string of good ones.  It works itself out in the wash.

That would be nice and game if not on daily basis. Says, once per 2-3 days.

Point is, that once you capture an outpost, you're involved into continuous SAP defence, which leave you almost no time for everything else unless you're a no-lifer. As an adult man, you have to spend 8 hours for sleep, 8 hours for work, 2 hours for a ride from work to home and back (it's all average), which leaves you up to 5 play hours total. SAPs are occur every 8-16 hours, that means you have 0% chance to successfully defend next SAP, and roughly about 31% to defend a SAP after that in your primetime. That's kinda...low.

Ofc you can say that you as an attacker have exactly the same 0% and 31%, but hey. Difference is, that there can be only one owner but multiple attackers, which means that for successfull defence I have to form up alliances covering as much TZ as possible, while attackers can go solo. That sounds like an unfair advantage of attackers. and makes defending harder than attacking which is, combining with risks and rewards of owning an outpost, makes the outpost ownership close to meanless.

Ah yessss, and ofc current mechanics meants that with about 50% probability I will be busy defending my outpost at the primetime (forming up fleet, moving, defending, and all the stuff), which leaves me close to nothing free time of my primetime, making me unable to do whatever else it's need to be done to maintain my corporation.

And it took you 5 years to comprehend what we've been saying all along when people like Jita cried for unlocked outposts or more outposts or whatever?

lol