Re: New devblog: Syndicate robots inbound

Patch timing depends on whether we have something else to put in beside the robots, in which case we'll wait a bit if needed, but we don't plan to have more than a month between robot packs, it will be most likely less. This kind of content doesn't warrant more.

CTs will be decided about later, we haven't worked out the component setup for this faction so it would delay the release of the robots further.

Packs will be a mix of combat and indy robots.

This kind of content doesn't warrant it? People have waited years for new mechs and bots. Don't sell it short, this is the best content released in years. Spreading them out over a year would give someone a reason to log in for a year. It would be a shame to have everything in the first four or five months and then no new bots for years and several months to new content. Players get hungry.

Eve released the t3 destroyers one at a time with a couple of months between. They did a great job teasing them and talking over the content to build anticipation.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

At the very least you could release the new bots in batches every month or 2 so you spread it out over 4-5 months.... lights 1 month assaults 4-6 weeks later... also that lets you do some balancing & tweaking of a smaller group of bots at a time. which lets be honest the DEVs wont really do if they release lots of bots at the same time.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I mean ***, they can do them all at once if they have something to feed the population in three months. MMO people are hungry

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

MMO people are like most people & have short attention spans & little to no patience. smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I thought MMO's were all about patience?

Nevertheless, I do agree with some of the sentiments here: give some time to balance the previous robot-batch with each subsequent release.  And I would make it clear that they will be heavily balanced after their release too.  So you have some blog 'fine-print' you can point to when players rage over some balance they don't agree with. 
Though EP is easy to come by nowadays, so it may be less of an issue. 

Just keep posting blogs, teasing details, closer looks, stats, and then finally their releases.  Who knows, maybe some mmo news sites will pick up on all the buzz...

It's more about the average age, not the genre itself smile

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

At the very least you could release the new bots in batches every month or 2 so you spread it out over 4-5 months.... lights 1 month assaults 4-6 weeks later... also that lets you do some balancing & tweaking of a smaller group of bots at a time. which lets be honest the DEVs wont really do if they release lots of bots at the same time.

This is a smart idea.  Stretch out the "new content" somewhat.  With the limited DEV labor hours, this will keep teasing us with new stuff for a few months.  Just don't let this staged release idea stretch into long delays between class releases

I LOVE that to purchase a syndicate robot, it will require 3 different colors of tokens, and NIC  .  This will cause a lot of missioning and PvP!

DeathPaw wrote:

I LOVE that to purchase a syndicate robot, it will require 3 different colors of tokens, and NIC  .  This will cause a lot of missioning and PvP!

But no industry, skills, research, exploration ... It's good content but it would be nice if it was inclusive. No big criticism though, it's the best content for years. I just hope they milk it like hell because there's not gonna be anything this good for a good while.

Test post please ignore.

I speak broken English.

Hm, when the bots release, will they release with both MK1 and improved MK2 counterparts or just MK1s for now?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Hm, when the bots release, will they release with both MK1 and improved MK2 counterparts or just MK1s for now?

Just basic variants. I don't know yet if we'll ever have Mk2 in the current sense for them as they are unique regarding their introduction and availability. Maybe something else.