Re: Ok DeV's, it was too much =)

Back to the topic.
Although we have(had?) a spike of online(as usual when something new coming up and on sale times), the recent Steam reviews are "mostly negative".
Considering the overall "mostly positive",  and recent "mostly negative", people mostly dislike the changes, because it's the exact picture when some devs screw up their games with updates.

The mostly positive reviews were "purchased" by a player with in-game money.

Prior to that, the game had mixed reviews.

Newcomers don't review the game based on changes, they review it based on their current impression.

Naismith wrote:

Newcomers don't review the game based on changes, they review it based on their current impression.

In a nutshell, it's not 2010 anymore, but with a few thousand players, many would be willing to overlook that.

RIP PERPETUUM

If they drip feed these new bots over the next year and put in a good plan for the year after they might break a thousand again by Christmas 2017

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

If they drip feed these new bots over the next year and put in a good plan for the year after they might break a thousand again by Christmas 2017

is that before or after the first hunger games?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Jita wrote:

even if that happened I cant see this game having 1000 people by then

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Well, there could be a movie first, then robots. A good movie will attract lots of ppl.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Movie? lol

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Jita wrote:

Every patch brings back 50 - 100 people, they just don't stay. If they know something new is coming the following month and the stuff thats actually interesting is spaced out (instead of putting all the good new bots in the first couple of months) then some of those will stay as some new ones come back.

If it can gain a hundred people the first month and then fifty a month after that for the first six months you might end up with retaining 150 – 200 people. At that kind of population the fights and politics should bring in more veterans. What kills these veteran corps is the inability to keep recruiting to replace the burnt out people and if that steady stream of new folks keeps coming with the new bots I think we could be at 400 by the end of the year. The crucial part then will be what the devs do next year – new bots will still be needed but it can’t be the same kind of thing. Maybe one a quarter and a new weapon system? They were discussing the new randomized mods so perhaps.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

110 (edited by Celebro 2016-07-19 14:51:09)

Jita wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Jita wrote:

Every patch brings back 50 - 100 people, they just don't stay. If they know something new is coming the following month and the stuff thats actually interesting is spaced out (instead of putting all the good new bots in the first couple of months) then some of those will stay as some new ones come back.

If it can gain a hundred people the first month and then fifty a month after that for the first six months you might end up with retaining 150 – 200 people. At that kind of population the fights and politics should bring in more veterans. What kills these veteran corps is the inability to keep recruiting to replace the burnt out people and if that steady stream of new folks keeps coming with the new bots I think we could be at 400 by the end of the year. The crucial part then will be what the devs do next year – new bots will still be needed but it can’t be the same kind of thing. Maybe one a quarter and a new weapon system? They were discussing the new randomized mods so perhaps.

Wishfull thinking, even at 500 players at a time caused lot of lag issues last time, and that was with sub and money was pouring in so...

RIP PERPETUUM

Im guessing the game is back being run on the "Toaster" server again? lol

Lags are independant on whatever, they are just exist.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

So when the EP Booster will be "fixed" for all activities?