Re: Ok DeV's, it was too much =)

Zoom, can you give numbers to ur blog chart.  Everyone is complaining the #'s are too high.  YES they're supposed to be high for the first bit of ep.  Show people what the ep gain is after the first 500k then a mil then 1.5 then 2 ect... I see what u did and why you did it.  All people see is the top of the funnel.  As a community lets try to keep the comments to a supportive and not toxic environment.  I think we can all agree this is a positive system.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Rovoc wrote:
Tonnik wrote:

If the population truly is rising again its probably best we both stay away

Idk jita, jokes making an interesting argument for some of us to return by hitting blue saps.  just saying

What can I say? Gets lonely. smile

lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

53 (edited by Annihilator 2016-06-27 19:38:19)

Rovoc wrote:

Zoom, can you give numbers to ur blog chart.  Everyone is complaining the #'s are too high.  YES they're supposed to be high for the first bit of ep.  Show people what the ep gain is after the first 500k then a mil then 1.5 then 2 ect... I see what u did and why you did it.  All people see is the top of the funnel.  As a community lets try to keep the comments to a supportive and not toxic environment.  I think we can all agree this is a positive system.

i am down to 27% according the numbers given in the blogpost, and assuming that the dimishing returns formular is LINEAR like falloff, and not exponential/rational like the production bonus point system.

and i get 44 EP per T2 bot killed on alpha. so, 33 npcs next to the tellesis terminal yields me 1 day's worth EP
will edit this and check out with a 3mio EP agent

*edit*: minimum EP for patrician (t2) castels = 1EP, patrician waspish 2EP

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gecko quote "AFK scarabs are people too playing."

Technically true.
You know what else is technically true.
People logging into the game for 1 second every 3 days is also people playing.

I thought the whole idea was to get new people to play and have new people see other people playing the game.

For me this is a big exploit here.

I have about 1 milion ep. When I run a SINGLE lvl 7 artifact mission I get about a days worth of EP. That to me is a lot more than I expected to be getting.

The mission reward extensions should not affect the EP gains. I don't know whether they are but they are listed alongside mission rewards. If they get applied then it would be super critical to get those up as soon as possible. If it is somehow still thought that this is apporpiate they should be separated into separate extensions away form the "mission color" extensions.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

The mission reward extensions should not affect the EP gains.

No extension affects EP rewards.

57 (edited by Gekko 2016-06-28 06:14:53)

Kallen Dracco wrote:

Gecko quote "AFK scarabs are people too playing."

Technically true.
You know what else is technically true.
People logging into the game for 1 second every 3 days is also people playing.

I thought the whole idea was to get new people to play and have new people see other people playing the game.

For me this is a big exploit here.

Yes, logging every 1 second is playing too. Because it's means they're tracking the game and remember to do it instead of deleting it and forgetting. Constant remembering for months is a lot too.
But it doesn't give online, though.
AFK miners are giving online. They increase number in Gen chat and on fields where every new player seeing them while passing through or trying mining, being impressed by their size and strange look big_smile Which is much better than to walk all the islands and see a couple of people.

It might be right to reward according to the mined amount, not for just being there. But i'm not sure if i want it. Because then the fields will deplete very, very fast... fuuu Especially when noobs having problems with mouse and they can't aim properly at the tile where other people already started mining liquids...

58 (edited by Kallen Dracco 2016-06-28 07:18:09)

So by definition a comprise is something all parties agree to but nobody really wanted in the first place.
I have been scratching my head on this all day long and finally came up with a possible solution.
You guys can take it or leave it, kick it around a bit.

I think what we need is a daily cap.
Now here me out don't come looking for me in your big bots yet.

I was thinking okay what can we do so people still buy boosters??
What can we do so the people who have been paying for boosters or the DLC packs don't feel cheated??

Daily cap limits on the totals Extension points players can earn.
If you have no boosters the total should not exceed 1 day allotment so 1440 a day.
If you have the boosters the total should not exceed 1 day allotment so 1440 x ??150% = 2160.

I think this will be fair to all, no matter how they earn it.

Anyways very late here, had to come with something that might work for all.
Hope this is it or part of it.

Yes noobs Gecko, people who play for 10 seconds and do not like the mouse buttons and rage quit like today.  smile
Please do not take my earlier post earlier personally it was just easier to quote yours then retype it.

Man you idiots are making me want to Download this game just to see how much EP I can get in my god mode seth lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Question to Zoom

why didn't you actually implement this like every other game in the past,
where low level creeps wont yield you any XP if you exceed a certail level difference?

after all, you have defined that limit, and made it account wide. thats so half-baked...

close to that defined level cap, i should not get any XP for mining in a zero-risk enviroment or for killing creeps that can't even overcome my self repair.

question 2:

how long until i can buy a booster that allows me to actively level an alt agent on the same account if my main agent has already exceeded the 3Mio limit?

keep in mind, STEAM only user can have max 1 account to begin with. !!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Question 2 is legit.

Ville wrote:

Question 2 is legit.

only legit?

looking at todays forum activity, its one of those q.e.d things.

there is a reason why i asked for activity EP beeing on a different counter, and seperated "per agent", and not "per account". But it seems i am beeing ignored again.

63 (edited by Gekko 2016-06-29 17:18:07)

EP from DLC shouldn't affect the multiplier. Because it's a total joke for the newbie, if not the scam. New player can make the same EP in a first day, and the best time to buy it is when you already have 3m lol

The easiest way to do this is increase the 3m point by 260k if account have DLC.
Or decrease it by the same amount if it doesn't.

Gekko wrote:

New player can make the same EP in a first day

That's quite a stretch. A new player needs to put in about 50 hours of net gameplay to get 300k EP.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gekko wrote:

That's quite a stretch. A new player needs to put in about 50 hours of net gameplay to get 300k EP.

To my experience its not that much. Since the patch I have already made 100 000 EP and I don't think I have spent much more than 10 hours on it. And this with 1 million ep already to slow the gains.

Rolafen Azec wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Gekko wrote:

To my experience its not that much. Since the patch I have already made 100 000 EP and I don't think I have spent much more than 10 hours on it. And this with 1 million ep already to slow the gains.

Do you really count as a "new player" ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I thought that I woudl not count as a new player but be heavily hit by the cuts on the bonuses. A new player would make even more EP. And my basic activities don't use much of any advanced extensions. You could copy what I do fresh out of the box basically.

what is "heavily"

or better, how much does a new player get anyway compared to you?

i mean, my main combat account is at 73% of the 3M cap, and still gets 44 EP per t2 kill -
if the dimishin returns thingy is linear, a new player would get ~160 EP for the same,
if its something logarithmic they would get even more (which i don't believe), and the double of that for getting the EP "gifted" by a vet on beta.

I get around 1440 ep per artifact mission that I run in light bots in under 5 min. There is some biochemistry and speed nexus which I don't think would overshadow the ep multiplier advantage. And with proper missioning extensions its a okay source of nic. But ep doesn't use those.

A week ago I posted that I had 1 million ep. Well now I have 1.3 million ep. That is 20% of my total EP has gone in during the last week. I might be one of those unreasonable edge cases for which it isn't even supposed to be balanced. BUt I haven't super optimised for ep gain but just kept up my habits. This almost feels like a soft removal of extensions as soon everyone and their grandma has all the essential extensions and plenty of luxury ones.

24h afk mining with more than 3 mil EP provides still more than EP Booster (instead of 0). Doing same with new agent should provide something like 4k/h or almost 100k/day I learned.

Sounds reasonable if you ask me.

There should be a cap fixed amount every 24hrs regardless of EP accumulated. I just don't find it reasonable..
;;;

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

There should be a cap fixed amount every 24hrs regardless of EP accumulated. I just don't find it reasonable..
;;;

Better to limit max free ep as amount needed for lvl10 of extension of complexity 9 = it's 54k EP. Once you hit that limit, you either get just dayly 1440 or don't get it at all. That will at least prevent situations where new contend is arrived and you're got all the required extensions maxed immediately.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Actually, no, even easier. Just forbid mining modules on hauler bots and that's it.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086