1 (edited by Hunter 2016-06-25 07:29:38)

Topic: Ok DeV's, it was too much =)

Just balance it to earn some money:

1) Current EP reward only for accounts with booster active
2) Accounts with no boosters should get 1/4 EP reward. Or less.
3) EP reward for Mining on alphas = 1/4x
4) EP reward for Mining on betas = 1/2x
5) EP reward for Mining on gammas = 1x
6) Mining liquids reward need to divide to 2 as well
7) Bring back red roaming NPC's on alpha islands to avoid AFK mining.

P.S. We are all understand this is a test period and it has to be changed. So feel free about changes and don't forget about your fees.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

2 (edited by Chemist 2016-06-25 06:57:53)

Re: Ok DeV's, it was too much =)

+100500

1) Current EP reward only for accounts with booster active

+999999 Zoom must have unlimited beer.

3 (edited by Inda 2016-06-25 07:34:55)

I think that is a good idea.

Lets say the 1,5 x multiplier for boosted accounts to keep it simple.

So with booster the current, without booster lower EP.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

if you are able to gain within a week the 3 Mil EP that took other player not only 5 years, but also hundreds of $$, this will have a drastic efffect.

Dream on...

But
/signed

arent you supposed to get diminishing returns after a certain amount of EP.  Even if noobs get 3M+ EP in a month let them be man.  After a certain amount of EP i'd say around 1.75M, EP becomes less of a factor on winning.  Massive amounts of EP will allow for players to be able to specialize in multiple rolls, which will be funner/better for the community.  More rolls=more bots more diversity.  It's still Seths online, but atleast people can play other things if they choose.  Let whatever they did playout don't just jump on the quarterback after the first play.  (Here's my jab) Also, by community i meant a community of one.

7 (edited by Hunter 2016-06-25 08:04:39)

ok, how do you like this: i played about hour and i got about 3k EP with lowest multiplier on server (cause of my EP amount ~3 mil)? big_smile

Got a DeV profit from this? - nope wink

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Rovoc wrote:

arent you supposed to get diminishing returns after a certain amount of EP.  Even if noobs get 3M+ EP in a month let them be man.  After a certain amount of EP i'd say around 1.75M, EP becomes less of a factor on winning.  Massive amounts of EP will allow for players to be able to specialize in multiple rolls, which will be funner/better for the community.  More rolls=more bots more diversity.  It's still Seths online, but atleast people can play other things if they choose.  Let whatever they did playout don't just jump on the quarterback after the first play.  (Here's my jab) Also, by community i meant a community of one.

Current patch ~= unlimited EP. Just give all accounts unlimited EP and go pewpew. Another great stupid patch... Another epic fail...

stop your damn *** at least they are finally trying something to get players back....

Rugerx wrote:

stop your damn *** at least they are finally trying something to get players back....

To get players back need new content. noobs /= old players. Old players = online. Noobs /= online. We saw this 3 times... Its not help.

If by "online" you mean 24/7 scarabs...

12 (edited by Gekko 2016-06-25 09:33:23)

Chemist wrote:
Rugerx wrote:

To get players back need new content. noobs /= old players. Old players = online. Noobs /= online. We saw this 3 times... Its not help.

Also, noobs /= crybabies.

I was PERFECTLY fine from the start.

Can we, as new players, also have a free BJ for playing this?

Chemist, why you keep spamming your bitter crap all over? Just uninstall and move on with your life!
Looking at the activity in game, the devs did something right with this patch!

Baal wrote:

Chemist, why you keep spamming your bitter crap all over? Just uninstall and move on with your life!
Looking at the activity in game, the devs did something right with this patch!

Y... "activity"...

Two and a half years ago I posted this post about what EP means to me personally

I think the point is more relevant now than ever.

When AC's income streams are to a large extent derived from sales of EP boosters, EP has to have some value. There needs to be a lot of extensions to spend EP on and, as mentioned in the 2013 post, new super-extensions.

Extensions should cover much narrower aspects of the game. There needs to be extension requirements to access certain bots and modules of particular levels and above all .... there needs to be more content that requires new extensions.

With the latest patch you've just put a big dent in your revenue.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

When AC's income streams are to a large extent derived from sales of EP boosters

They are not, by far.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ludlow Bursar wrote:

When AC's income streams are to a large extent derived from sales of EP boosters

They are not, by far.

That is interesting to hear.

Unless I've missed something then the only thing I was aware of apart from renaming that you can spend Perpetuum Credits on is EP boosters and EP downgrades. The Upgrade kits are also heavily weighted with EP.

If this isn't a significant proportion of revenue I can only assume that most revenue comes from game purchases and I'm not really seeing many of those.

Nonetheless, If you give us lots of stuff to spend EP on surely credits and upgrade kits will become more desirable.

Maybe if I'd said Perpetuum's revenue rather than AC's would the answer have been different?

Basically the main drive behind this change was:
1. You shouldn't be turned away from the game because you have to wait for EP to be competitive, while you can't do anything about it.
2. If you are playing to get EP, that means you are playing, and that's what we wanted.

DEV Zoom wrote:

1. You shouldn't be turned away from the game because you have to wait for EP to be competitive, while you can't do anything about it.
2. If you are playing to get EP, that means you are playing, and that's what we wanted.

EP gaining TOO fast.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Competitive against who? There's nobody playing.

You need to either get a glut of new people and try and keep them or bring a glut of old people back and then try and keep them and the new people. Any ideas about how?

Another perfect example of the Devs trying to change the goal posts yet again and ignoring new content.

Will you ever learn from your mistakes?

RIP PERPETUUM

Put in mk3 bots! Change bonuses and add a race specific weapon slot. Shouldn't be too hard right? Easy content fix I would think for now..

gen chat averaging 30-40 in all timezones now instead of 0-5, things are holding alright for the time being, though devs would of had a bigger pop gain to get Syndicate robots done for the summer sale.

Also I am fine with the current EP gain tbh. Considering current state of game... who cares if newer players can catch up to veterans, not like most of us care to actively play anymore. Besides it encourages them to try more difficult, challenging, and profitable things if they believe they have the right gear and EP sent in the right areas to do things sooner.

All I am seeing here is veterans worrying about newbros catching up and being able to compete tbh. Although there is the risk that this patch could make the EP upgrade DLCs obsolete due to EP gain... Other then those though I think the current system is fine by me for now.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Also I am fine with the current EP gain tbh. Considering current state of game... who cares if newer players can catch up to veterans, not like most of us care to actively play anymore. Besides it encourages them to try more difficult, challenging, and profitable things if they believe they have the right gear and EP sent in the right areas to do things sooner.

All I am seeing here is veterans worrying about newbros catching up and being able to compete tbh. Although there is the risk that this patch could make the EP upgrade DLCs obsolete due to EP gain... Other then those though I think the current system is fine by me for now.

Something bmg and i are actually agreeing on.  Zoom stated it right, they want people to be able to jump in and play and not have to "wait to progress".  This allows newbies to be able to drive the bigger stuff(effectively) faster.  I remember waiting a month and a half of Boosted ep so i could drive a heavy.  I think yall are forgetting what it was like.  And who gives a *** if it's an industrial getting EP.  Still can't cross train effectively even with 2M EP. 

Rugerx wrote:

Put in mk3 bots! Change bonuses and add a race specific weapon slot. Shouldn't be too hard right? Easy content fix I would think for now..

Ville's been asking for this for years.  Make a version of a rivler that has specific RR bonuses and bam instant content.  Small example of what could be done.

25 (edited by Celebro 2016-06-25 18:40:59)

Progressing faster will just make player leave sooner, or the whole EP progression needs a complete overhaul bearing this new changes in mind and a target progession timer guide. Like mine for 5 hours to get into a termis or something along those lines. In any event, there needs to be more smaller stages of progress but more EP needed to get there, or content will be eaten faster than the devs can add new, hell evening with time based progression new content has not caught up yet.

The progession could be improved further as afk mining for EP is too much , split between Indy and combat EP maybe?

RIP PERPETUUM