Re: New devblog: Extension Point system upgrades

I think Rovoc is right,
Look at the population charts, every time new content is released the population grows with both new players and returning vets.  But then there's no new content and no communications from the DEVs for a VERY long time, and the game slowly dies.
I think its better to push out content such as modifying existing bots to make mk3's, or special bonuses etc. Just make as much content as you can with the available resources, rather than trying to make too complicated features that either take too long to develop or simply turns out to be impossible!
With the current state of the game, perfect balance doesnt matter!

Rovoc wrote:

Guys, i think you're forgetting the most important part to all of this.  Just because the ex-girlfriend puts on a new dress and some make-up, she's still fat and ugly.  We must realize they don't have the development team to keep people interested.  Even if they get the next content out, which is syndicate robots, what's after that?  So syn robots keep the population interested for what 2 weeks maybe a month what are you gonna do after that?  Maybe it's time to take perpetuum off the shelf collect some money come back hard core with tons of content with some in reserve.  Right now we the players are stranded in the middle of a desert and the only water(content) is a dried up well.  Time to cut the cord guys.

The thing is they release plenty of content they just do it badly. Gamma stuff was a good example. Instead of releasing some tech 1 gamma gear and then three months later tech 2 gamma gear with auras and masking and then another three months tech 3 gamma gear and boosters and colixium towers and then three months later terraforming they release it all at once.

Three months down the line everyone is hungry again.

The mission content was OK, the black vote great but once again they could have left difficulty and payouts unnerferd and added a black mech a month, then all black assaults month four, all black ewar mechs month five and all black heavies month six and stretch out that content. It really needed extra skills just to give people something to aim for.

It took eve six months to release three t3 interdictors. They were teased, drip fed and practically everyone in the game took the time to train them in order on this journey. Perpetuum should (and could) do the same thing.

A DECENT rebalance alongside new mechs (using existing models) could be teased and added every month for the next six months. Do it with the modules too and you have a years content drip fed every month and its zero development, just dome table changes and theory balancing. The population would absolutely increase.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

103 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-06-05 12:00:35)

The good thing about a slower drip feed is its smaller changes to the game & allows for more subtle buffs / nerfs to new content.

Rovoc wrote:

Guys, i think you're forgetting the most important part to all of this.  Just because the ex-girlfriend puts on a new dress and some make-up, she's still fat and ugly.  We must realize they don't have the development team to keep people interested.  Even if they get the next content out, which is syndicate robots, what's after that?  So syn robots keep the population interested for what 2 weeks maybe a month what are you gonna do after that?  Maybe it's time to take perpetuum off the shelf collect some money come back hard core with tons of content with some in reserve.  Right now we the players are stranded in the middle of a desert and the only water(content) is a dried up well.  Time to cut the cord guys.

This ^^

I only play the forums now. Done everything there is to do in this game lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I kinda feel for zoom tbh. He's had everyone on these boards screaming for years to do this and do that and much of he's done. The only thing I've seen asked for time and time again is more PVE stuff to do that's never been addressed. I'm too lazy to look for the post I made in 2010 saying that more pve would bleed over into more pvp.

It all boils down to this - The two man team who work on this game in their spare time hasn't ever and won't ever be able to keep pace with content.

Smokeyii wrote:

I kinda feel for zoom tbh. He's had everyone on these boards screaming for years to do this and do that and much of he's done. The only thing I've seen asked for time and time again is more PVE stuff to do that's never been addressed. I'm too lazy to look for the post I made in 2010 saying that more pve would bleed over into more pvp.

It all boils down to this - The two man team who work on this game in their spare time hasn't ever and won't ever be able to keep pace with content.

Ones just an artist and forum ref. roll

Don't want to kick the dead horse but anyone else looking forward to Albion?

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

I stopped playing games after perpetuums last chance was snuffed out by six people who would rather end the game than compromise

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

im gonna say greed was yalls downfall, i tried saying it.  What yall did to phm and ville you have no one to blame but yourselves.

8.2 (yawn)...

109 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-06-07 14:10:42)

Jita wrote:

I stopped playing games after perpetuums last chance was snuffed out by six people who would rather end the game than compromise

So the list is: Jita, Ville, Syndic & who's the other 3 people in this conspiracy to bring down the game?
I demand more names!! lol

Theres only 1 group where the blame ends & thats avatar creations. Its that simple. You've gotta stop believing your own lies Jita

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Rovoc wrote:

im gonna say greed was yalls downfall, i tried saying it.  What yall did to phm and ville you have no one to blame but yourselves.

yep.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

yep.

I know I should get on TS to ask this but. What did they do?

POE and NSE were on a break so the roaches moved in while the owners were away.  So while everyone was trying to get their slice of the pie NSE made a deal with jokes so jokes had Nawuy.  NER had all of greens and the russians moved into  blue's.  While everything was in good fun PHM was trying to live on blues, but the only deals that could be made were that PHM could have Nova.  Wouldn't even give him 1 beta 1 terminal to do missions out of.  So they got spanked, everyone quit and we got blamed.  Might i had that we used the same/better tactics that they did, however we were just successful at it.  Congratulations to our 6 man group that destroyed the game.  *Drops the microphone.

113 (edited by nullPointer 2016-06-08 03:09:13)

What does any of this have to do with the new dev blog?

Jita wrote:

i was just commenting on this

Rovoc wrote:

POE and NSE were on a break so the roaches moved in while the owners were away.  So while everyone was trying to get their slice of the pie NSE made a deal with jokes so jokes had Nawuy.  NER had all of greens and the russians moved into  blue's.  While everything was in good fun PHM was trying to live on blues, but the only deals that could be made were that PHM could have Nova.  Wouldn't even give him 1 beta 1 terminal to do missions out of.  So they got spanked, everyone quit and we got blamed.  Might i had that we used the same/better tactics that they did, however we were just successful at it.  Congratulations to our 6 man group that destroyed the game.  *Drops the microphone.

BAHAHA.. Well if 6 people can kill the game merely by playing it then .... lol I can see why Jita is mad

you are how girls after big party. live the present. not to discuss what was ...

Just @ Game

New bots smile
http://i.imgur.com/ha9CFeO.jpg
http://awesomenator.com/content/2011/12 … ampunk.jpg

118 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2016-06-08 17:30:34)

Rovoc wrote:

POE and NSE were on a break so the roaches moved in while the owners were away.

So thats what you are calling it? Lets not forget the 2 months of back and forth fighting across all the islands that took place from november to the 3rd day of January where we killed your fleets. (while losing some of our own of course.) In which after your last fleet loss at Koykili you guys all but disappeared and we took dom as our own.
http://www.perp-kill.net/related/266218

Rovoc wrote:

So while everyone was trying to get their slice of the pie NSE made a deal with jokes so jokes had Nawuy.  NER had all of greens and the russians moved into  blue's.  While everything was in good fun PHM was trying to live on blues, but the only deals that could be made were that PHM could have Nova.

After that as people actually know... (some won't admit though.) Our agreement with NSE was to allow them continued access to beta at the price that they stayed out of POE/ERA affairs, something that JOKE also willingly did for a time, in which there were some nice small JOKE vs NSE skirmishes that did not involve forced formups for SAP timers and all that. As for PHM, they were allowed to maintain their territory on beta 2 but of course in this case it was he who was defeated attempting to make demands. Obviously they were unhappy about having to run missions from a open beta station so there was that...

Rovoc wrote:

So they got spanked, everyone quit and we got blamed.

I enjoy reading complete bias spinning too! While you guys did take our territories back into your hands. This accomplishment is not so great as you claim. Reason being that when you came back with enough force to take territory from us, most of the core membership from DoY, UNITY, and JOKE, got bored, burned out over grindy missions, etc. and left. Of course I will give credit where credit is due to Ghandi for being a small part of this, mainly through the use of STC's 2013 tactics which even though legitimate, a bit ironic at the same time since you guys had condemned these tactics for a while.

Then by the time you guys did comeback and take back what we took from you, it was just me, Baglodush, chemist, Badass, a few ETHOS guys, most of which were newer, Akumaka nostalgic enough, and good ol OTHERS but in the "OTHER" timezone. Of course at this point you guys had some of your main core of vets come back in while the newer players in ETHOS were still getting a feel for things, not to mention more spread timezone on our side after the main bulk of people from DoY, JOKE, and UNITY left. Giving you guys an admittedly good edge over us.

You spin slaughter and bragging. I remind you the details, ya know how it is. Who cares though anyways though. Game is at a final breaking point. I am just typing this text wall just to type it! Enjoy! big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

119 (edited by Rovoc 2016-06-08 17:49:53)

First off i'd like to thank you for not having a 10 line sentence this time, however your punctuation still needs work. As stated previously, i was commenting on jita's "I stopped playing games after perpetuums last chance was snuffed out by six people who would rather end the game than compromise". So who grinded most of you peopel out of the game?  Who was crying because they had to alarm clock to keep their stuff?  Are you claiming the ammount of people that we had playing at that time was a large force?  I think we've already confirmed it was only 6 of us.  Thanks for the comment.  Ok so after the game dies yall take everything back.  Good Job on being masters of nothing.  Have fun playing with yourself, which you should be used to.  tongue

Rovoc wrote:

First off i'd like to thank you for not having a 10 line sentence this time, however your punctuation still needs work. As stated previously, i was commenting on jita's "I stopped playing games after perpetuums last chance was snuffed out by six people who would rather end the game than compromise". So who grinded most of you peopel out of the game?  Who was crying because they had to alarm clock to keep their stuff?  Are you claiming the ammount of people that we had playing at that time was a large force?  I think we've already confirmed it was only 6 of us.  Thanks for the comment.  Ok so after the game dies yall take everything back.  Good Job on being masters of nothing.  Have fun playing with yourself, which you should be used to.  tongue

You are unreadable.

I speak broken English.

He has a sexy mouth though which gives me a half chub and is kind of cute. He doesn't engorge me like you or beastmode when he fc's

Not giving freebie beta missiong area is not that cruel. But off course if one can't stand it being taken by force its not that good a long term line either.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22385/

Look a game where the patch notes are 90% buffs!!!!

Oh my look how happy the community is!

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22385/

Look a game where the patch notes are 90% buffs!!!!

Oh my look how happy the community is!

Lies DOTA is not a game .... its a way if life!! tongue

Any more updates on this project?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.