Re: New devblog: What's next for perpetuum - 2015 Roadmap

Zoom the more you talk about it the more I get the impression this is another big project for you guys.

I thought you guys were focusing on smaller more frequent patches?

i was going to make a snarky comment about if the majority of the player base blah blah blah but then I remembered, it's there game.  If he wants to make RNG items, it's there right as developers to create their game.  And at that time I decided it was ok because I like the game they have created.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Naismith wrote:

Zoom the more you talk about it the more I get the impression this is another big project for you guys.

I thought you guys were focusing on smaller more frequent patches?

We are, none of the features on the roadmap take more than 2-3 weeks. New robots are maybe the exception, but not because of development time, but balancing and the number of new robots, so that will surely be split up into multiple patches.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Randomised stats is dumb because it won't really be randomised. You will just produce enough so you get the good ***. All your doing is filling a hanger with crap when you could do the same thing by making the cost more expensive.

Do you really think to fit a mesmer you would make six and then go 'oh well, three suck'. Of course not. You just make enough so that they are all good.

The point is that we're still a full loot game where you can't just build the "best" module and be done with it. Unless you don't intend to ever use and risk them. And getting max on everything will be near impossible anyway, so yes, you will go with "good enough". But more importantly it will generate a lot more demand for gamma minerals than a simple fixed tier would, without making the modules crazy expensive to build.

Yes you can build the best module in game and go with it. 

Here's what we don't want:
Weapons with different ranges.
Weapons with different rate of fire.
Weapons with different reload.

RNG items suck.  Very badly.  Don't you bring that garbage into this game!!

+1

Aye Pod wrote:

Instead of random stats for t5 how about stats that can be customized at the time of manufacture. For example if I want lasers that have 40% range over t4 I have to sacrifice DPS and Rate of Fire. Items can customized at the ct level and once a build is chosen then we get a custom ct with a specific material requirements.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Aye Pod: we have plans for something similar too, independently from T5.

Now that's an idea with potential. Fixed points to distribute across key module stats at the CT or Build stage. Distributable points can be increased by an extension.

Random stats on T5 is a poor idea in principle ... in fact, it's worse than poor ... it's about as terrible as terrible can be. The random aspect of research used to drive people up the wall, please don't introduce another one.

OK... And what about Omega Islands? They're (re)planned for 2016?

PS: I've found some info about them in forum, but I don't know why they've been created etc. sad

57 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-07-29 19:24:43)

Can we also get something like T3+ items added. Make the stats comparable to t4+ and but have the fitting requirements of t2. Cts and components are ONLY available by artifact scanning and make the base item be a t3-

The items will be a little OP but since everything is only avail by arty scanning they wont exist in amounts that would be game breaking.

Two months since the roadmap DEV blog and some good community feedback since.

Please can we have an update on progress and/or revisions to roadmap. I think the community would be welcome it.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Two months since the roadmap DEV blog and some good community feedback since.

Please can we have an update on progress and/or revisions to roadmap. I think the community would be welcome it.

+1

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

New blog tomorrow.

Thank you.

It very much looks like your going to be releasing absolutely none of this in 2015. I find that terrible even by your own standards. Maybe by some miracle you've done a lot and are going to do a big content patch alongside a steam winter sale but I seriously doubt it.

At this point selling this game as an 'MMO' is tantamount to fraud. Make it FTP already.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

It very much looks like your going to be releasing absolutely none of this in 2015. I find that terrible even by your own standards. Maybe by some miracle you've done a lot and are going to do a big content patch alongside a steam winter sale but I seriously doubt it.

At this point selling this game as an 'MMO' is tantamount to fraud. Make it FTP already.

Getting some $ is probably the only thing keeping the plug from getting pulled.

I think instead of Omega Islands, you should make the current islands larger.  What I've noticed now, after taking a few years off, is that players dont even want to go to beta because they get ganked literally 10 seconds after warping in.  If the game went f2p that would help alleviate that issue of one or two PVP corps dominating an island.  To go f2p, you need more land mass.  Of course Eve has this problem beat due to space being well.....space.

Feldog wrote:

What I've noticed now, after taking a few years off, is that players dont even want to go to beta because they get ganked literally 10 seconds after warping in.

You're doing it wrong!

So just wondering how things are going with completing this roadmap? Is this still a thing or has it suffered the eternal "croissanted"  smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Working on the Syndicate robots part.

I would suggest you take a hard look at your balance, and your teiring system first.

Reason being, your going to make a "new" line of bots, yet, balance hasn't moved.
Sometime ago you said we would have input into this, that doesn't seem to be the case.  All good.

Why I am suggesting you re balance first, fix the Red vs Green Blue imbalance.  Then do a tie in with the new bots.

A example of this:

Rebalance patch- Fixes Existing problems.
Second Rebalance patch - Fixes Small problems with first patch (1 Month after First)
Third Rebalance Patch - Changes Mk1-Mk2 bots to fit into New Roll Based Bots.

*Deploy New Roll Based Bots*

Forth Reblance Patch - Address Imbalances with new Bots-Mk1-Mk2 Bots.

If you wish to have a helping hand.

You have my email.  Non-Biased Third Party, who knows the PVP avenues.

I am Perpetuum.

Balance is being looked into along with the new robots, but I don't see such extreme problems that would require stretching this out to multiple months.

On the other hand, whatever changes there might be, I fully expect people to complain nevertheless because everyone seems to have different opinions about balance.

DEV Zoom wrote:

On the other hand, whatever changes there might be, I fully expect people to complain nevertheless because everyone seems to have different opinions about balance.

QFT - especially if your syndicate bots do not offer anything superiour for vets.

i really hope you do it as requested, giving every of those bots a bunch of bonuses, and hardly any head- and legslots - aka no other customizability aside from fitting different tiers of the equip you expect to be used on them.

eg. your new harvesting syndicate bot will have zero means to fit a RR and a shield.
your new laser syndicate bot will have no way to fit a neut or a negative bonus for any weapon that is not a laser.
etc.

or else you will face *** from ville and all his alts

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Whatever your'e doing is working right?  I wouldn't worry about it then zoom do ur thing.

72 (edited by Celebro 2016-06-07 22:39:24)

DEV Zoom wrote:

everyone seems to have different opinions about balance.

Not really, every player agreed the last balancing patch was bad. Deny all you want. So sad your barely ever own up to your mistakes. How can anyone expect the game to change if you guys don't change your perspective?.

RIP PERPETUUM

doing anything by adding NEW CONTENT, is more than doing nothing or rebalancing existing content

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Balance is being looked into along with the new robots, but I don't see such extreme problems that would require stretching this out to multiple months.

Again, not trying to get into a shouting match with you. 

But, your wrong.

What your going to do is compound problems.  When people feel they don't have the power to use what they have to make things work, they get discouraged.
This is what happened with Green's.

The meta changes everytime you do small balance changes, speed is the king of all these changes.  I just don't think you understand that, or have any clue how to balance, or where to start.

All I can do at this point, is do a collective *Shrug

I am Perpetuum.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Working on the Syndicate robots part.

I do not believe!