Re: New devblog: Extension Point system upgrades

Jita wrote:

This will be about as successful as trading cards in bringing new players in

Gotta agree with this.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Any EP bonus for walk? (odometer)

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

28 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-05-26 14:59:02)

Race Drones wrote:

bonus multiplier when on highways ? tongue

Chemist wrote:

I repeat again: it is not in the EP. No new content. Over the last 5 years have not added anything new since the start of the game. There were only rebalance. It loses interest of players. Ask all of their old players - they will confirm this. If a person is bored - he would never will do all these things. Listen to us at least once, do a good deed - add new content and you will see the result.

Give the players an incentive to play. I have a lot of the EP, like all veterans, but we get bored playing. We have come new players, but no more online, since you lost your veterans. Give a lot EP for beginners, they also leave because they get bored. Vicious circle.

You are trying to lure players with promises of wealth (EP). This is absolutely wrong. I already talked about this many times. People should choose your game. But it should be interesting to do.

Wow damn even chemist is making sense! There is nothing wrong with time based progression, neither is there anything wrong with grind based progression. But neither of these basic systems of progressing your character will result in this game gaining a longer term stable population.

In all the years I have played & kept a close on this game one of the big factors for population decrease is people getting board.  New content must always be getting rolled out in a timely manner. If you dont do that then you end up with hardly any players & 5 idiots arguing over past glory on the forums. lol

People need to feel like they are progressing thru the game at a pace that doesnt feel so slow that they will have to spend years playing a game just to be "competitive".
But even grindy games can suffer from this not just time based games. The key is to allow players to hit "max level" in a reasonable time frame. That way people fell like they are useful but you must find ways to extend the their play time once they have hit max level. Most games achieve that thru pve content like questing ect. & thru high end gear.
Even with the EP changes the content is to severally lacking to meet the demands for what will be needed. What high level gear there is will be available to easily or yet again lack in variety & depth. 

The simple fact is this Perpetuum will never again have a viable population. To many things need to change / be fixed / updated or added to the game. The DEV team is dedicated but they are is to small & under funded to do this.
Please I would love to be proved wrong... but I doubt me & many others will be. smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Yet again another failed atempt to cater for non-existing new players than would never come until the game is enjoyable to play and has more players.

Time base progresion it's what made the game somewhat unique and that has now been lost.

RIP PERPETUUM

Dev Zoom at least give us(veterans) something with the next patch.  Like lump the EP system with like syndicate supply crates.  Or a new syndicate robot, something.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

31 (edited by Chemist 2016-05-26 17:25:53)

Hint for Zoom: draw new icons, assign new parameters and put into game. THis called "new modules". Its simple. AOE demobs; module, that decrease target's robot accuracy; -//- increase robot size; new nexuses; stationary AOE shield; etc... etc... etc... fast and new content. Add new task: head-hunter, ingame-tetris, etc... any NEW idea.

Hire a manager. Pay him 2 instant noodles per a day.

What Chemist said! +1000
Content and incentive to play is what we need!

I think this is a valid attempt to change something.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

while its true that the game is dead because its dead boring,
its also dead because your reach the dead boring part, called "endgame", in like three days.

the only thing between a newly created agent, and an endgame agent is the EP to drive a mk2 heavy mech with t4 equip, and beeing capstable.

AFAIK with the current buyable starter packs you can do that right after character creation, and all that is left, is getting the equip.

solution - join communistic vet corp. game over.
alternative - grind missions for a few days and buy that stuff - game over

now, there are those who like to do a bit of everything,
like having a combat agent and a producer.
right now, those (which in my experience is a majority) are simply f*cked by the time based EP system, as twinking requires you to buy alt accounts.

implementing a system that allows you to level a twink actively by playing the game is good. the only thing that is contraproductive here, is that dimishing returns based on TOTAL EP on account

suggestion to zoom:
make those XP gained by playing something that is bound to the AGENT , and if you think you need that dimishing returns thingy, then also make that only be affected by EP spent on that agent.

AFAIK thats a common mechanic in f2p games where you unlock vehicles
extension points are bound to the vehicle you drive, and with premium currency you can transfer that XP to other vehicles. there comes your chance to add premium

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

35 (edited by Rovoc 2016-05-26 20:21:23)

i just want to point out that when the mission revamp went through we saw an increase in players and activity on beta.  Missions got nerfed, which negated a lot of reasons veterans were playing so they left.  PVP keeps peeps in the game, while PvE pushes players to PvP.  I do like what chemist suggested, however what the game needs is PvE content to keep casual players in the game.  PvP caters to only a small portion of the population while PvE caters to both. 
just to point out, gathering materials is a grind and should not be considered content.

Rovoc wrote:

i just want to point out that when the mission revamp went through we saw an increase in players and activity on beta.  Missions got nerfed, which negated a lot of reasons veterans were playing so they left.  PVP keeps peeps in the game, while PvE pushes players to PvP.  I do like what chemist suggested, however what the game needs is PvE content to keep casual players in the game.  PvP caters to only a small portion of the population while PvE caters to both. 
just to point out, gathering materials is a grind and should not be considered content.

Rovoc talking sense. This is why I pleaded with you and begged you not to nerf missions and told ypu it would kill the population.

I hope your happy with your 'balance' zoom

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

Rovoc talking sense. This is why I pleaded with you and begged you not to nerf missions and told ypu it would kill the population.

http://tinyurl.com/7m32rzd

You advocated for their nerfing, saying theres no real nic sink in the game lolol.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

im all for a nic sink but be freakin jesus 500M for 1 T4+? is there that much cash floating around perp?

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/7m32rzd

You advocated for their nerfing, saying theres no real nic sink in the game lolol.

I advocated adding nic sinks when payouts were 480m an hour, not nerfing payouts which we were very clear should not be touched.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Rovoc wrote:

im all for a nic sink but be freakin jesus 500M for 1 T4+? is there that much cash floating around perp?

yes, it is.

also, if i remember it right, the mission "nerf" was, and still is, due to how broken squad mechanics are.
Just a hint to zoom - when the mission revamp patch hit the server, i saw something happeing that was not happening since early beta: player where doing PVE missions together (and i don't talk about multiboxing)

then you killed that again with a "hotfix", like if you're goal is to keep PVE a solo incentive.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

41 (edited by Gekko 2016-05-27 10:58:52)

TL; DR;

• Removing the feature that makes game unique and interesting for some people regardless of bad or boring sides of it.

• Not adding content to be at least "average" compared to other chinese games.

• Continue doing zero advertising.

• ???

• Profit!

Gekko wrote:

TL; DR;

• Removing the feature that makes game unique and interesting for some people regardless of bad or boring sides of it.

• Not adding content to be at least "average" compared to other chinese games.

• Continue doing zero advertising.

• ???

• Profit!

what is removed?

just turn perpetuum into a mobile app & reap the rewards! lol

44 (edited by Naismith 2016-05-27 13:04:51)

Unfortunately I feel this is a waste of time change, because the people it targets are namely veterans who are waiting and hoping the game might get a population one day. Those veterans have been waiting for a long time (5-6 years?), and by now even if they weren't too zealous with logging in they already maxxed out their characters in a few roles/races.

On one hand it's a dirty move to change the rules and blatantly target vets, on the other hand it might help those vets who haven't maxxed out on EP. But there's still no reason to play the game. sad The entire game revolves around grinding - ore, money and now EP. At least before everyone progressed at a relatively same rate so casuals progressed at the same speed as hardcore players, now older people with kids don't have any way of being competitive even remotely.

I've never heard anyone quit the game because of EP progression, I've heard a lot of people quit the game because of bad balance changes, no content, and too slow development.

The real question you should answer Zoom, is why should we play your game?

Zoom, i'm bought domain nians.ru... NIAns... you hear this? But what now? I almost hate this boring game... sad

Race Drones wrote:

rofl!  smile

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

just turn perpetuum into a mobile app & reap the rewards! lol

+20.000 ep for logging in 50 days straight.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/223410,316750#1y - Perpetuum almost == Tetris...

Naismith wrote:

I've never heard anyone quit the game because of EP progression, I've heard a lot of people quit the game because of bad balance changes, no content, and too slow development.

And it's true!

Return of the old players -> come new.
None of the old players -> no online -> no new players.
No new content -> no old players. No older players -> see above.

50 (edited by Gekko 2016-05-28 11:20:33)

Yep, and now they'll get bored faster, because when you have only time-based EP generation, the boring stuff is not so terrible. If you got bored by all activities, you can just login to chat, do some useless *** ingame, or troll on forums and your progres won't be slowed down. Just relax, go in forest, catch some fish, read a book...
But when you need to do PvE stuff to grow faster, you kinda forced to do so. Because when people play they want to achieve things as fast as possible even if it's long a road anyway. It's simple.

I wanted to get 100.000 tokens for a black bot. After like 50.000 of them i realised that this might be the most boring thing i've been doing in my life.
People waiting for lvl-10 Heavy at least have a dream. And it will definitely be a pleasant achievement.

Well, i'm very sad that the time-based phylosophy is gone. Although most likely i'll never have even a half of EP that vets have. And i've seen newbies who don't have problem with that. Most of them don't. Actually, i haven't seen anyone quitting because of it. Maybe because, anyway, some guts is needed to continue playing after seeing the graphics and realizing how many people playing.
But, the crybabies have won.

The good news is we're screwed anyway lol