Topic: ECCM???

Is it even worth it for combat missioning.  I have just a generic T1 equipped on my seth and it only seems to work against light and assault bots.  It does work sometimes. I wen't to the ECCM because lvl 4 missions were getting pretty ridiculous with the ECM interference.

Re: ECCM???

t1 modules are crafting components.

what robot are you in? heavy mechs are more likely to be jammed then mechs. though, the most efficient way is still to kill the npcs before they lock you...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

t1 modules are crafting components.

what robot are you in? heavy mechs are more likely to be jammed then mechs. though, the most efficient way is still to kill the npcs before they lock you...

Good luck with that since you pull whole fields of npcs now the second you lock one.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Feldog wrote:

Is it even worth it for combat missioning.  I have just a generic T1 equipped on my seth and it only seems to work against light and assault bots.  It does work sometimes. I wen't to the ECCM because lvl 4 missions were getting pretty ridiculous with the ECM interference.

I'm in a Seth. I may just go back to a Artemis M2 for the extra speed and higher anti jamming chance.  I don't relish using missiles though. My skills are low in missiles and there are so many of them to level up to maximize damage.

Splitting your EP investment over missles for that one missle slot vs. 4 laser slots is not worth it.
Unless you are 10 on everything else you could ever want..

No need eccm for mission (3-5 npc). Use two sensors

Just @ Game

only kain and tyrannos can noticeable increase their DPS, using the remaining two slots for the other factions weapons, even with low EP spent in those skills.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

RSA, RSA and RSAs.

RIP PERPETUUM

Honestly, Celebro is right.  ECCM actually sucks.  EW have bonus's to ecm, but we have no bonus to eccm ... we get screwed.  Just Remote Sensor Amp it!

-Ensi

10 (edited by Chemist 2016-08-12 13:52:35)

Ensireka wrote:

Honestly, Celebro is right.  ECCM actually sucks.  EW have bonus's to ecm, but we have no bonus to eccm ... we get screwed.  Just Remote Sensor Amp it!

-Ensi

Remove game, noob. 8-] ECCM still good vs ewars even w ECM tunings.

For the whiners who never went to pvp:

top vaga vs M. Chance: 56%
top vaga vs HM. Chance: 79%

top vaga vs M+1 ECCM. Chance: 34%
top vaga vs HM+1 ECCM. Chance: 42%

top vaga +1 ECM-tuning vs M+1 ECCM. Chance: 46%
top vaga +1 ECM-tuning vs HM+1 ECCM. Chance: 56%

For comparison:

M+1 ECM vs vaga. Chance 45%..... so... vaga+ecmtuning vs M+ECCM or M+1ECM vs vaga... difference 1%.

Last statistic (today): vaga +2 ECM vs M+1 ECCM and ewar mechs (+? ECCM):

5 successful vs 17 unsuccessful. Real chance: 23%.

Its actually pretty hard to jam a mech now, even harder if they have ECCM. To lock down a double amp single ECCM mech takes a whole vaga

ECM is powerful but not insurmountable

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

ECCM does only lower chance that you get hit

most of  the "ECCM is useless" complaints seem to come from PVE player, where they face multiple ECM fitted NPCs with their on-purpose ECM weak Heavy mechs.

which one are you, ensireka?

No need eccm for mission. Use two sensors

Just @ Game

14 (edited by Line 2016-08-13 17:38:58)

It's all maths and fine but thing is that your sensors strength is limited while amount of jams you get is not. Doesn't really matter how low the chances are, it's just a matter of amount of tries. But then it's 1 vs group balance so if you can't handle ECM alone, bring some friends.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

It's all maths and fine but thing is that your sensors strength is limited while amount of jams you get is not. Doesn't really matter how low the chances are, it's just a matter of amount of tries. But then it's 1 vs group balance so if you can't handle ECM alone, bring some friends.

well, thats the strange balance here

there is no limit to how many ECMs or Supressors can try to hit you at the same time - there is just the limit how many supressor or sensor amps can work on you (2)

demobs also have a limit of two on you, AND you can be immune to them.

there is only one thing in common with all three types of ewar and enwar - they call together can put you into a fulltime stun-lock until you are exploding, with ZERO chance to escape.

and yet, there are some who complain that with the existance of ECCM and Demob-immunity that their ewar mechs become obsolete in PvP. (eg. Ville complaining that he cannot put as many targets out of combat with a single vagabond as he can fit ecms on it)

Limit of ECM applied on a single target was discussed many times already, but since that, other side was rolling mostly on ewars, nothing changed. It's some kind of lobby, or they just holding Zoom's family as hostages, or whatever.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

The people whining about ECM being overpowered or the ictus being useless are just not being truthful. ECM is still useful but a lot harder now that mechs are more used. Ictus mk2 is probably the most used ewar mech currently, that again is because mechs are the main target but also because all three are just more balanced.

What does need tweaking is the power of ewar modules and the bonus of ewar bots. They should have the same strength as now when on a vaga / zenith but need a nerf when fitted to other mechs. The same could be said for enwar.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

18 (edited by Ensireka 2016-08-16 19:17:24)

Chemist wrote:
Ensireka wrote:

-Ensi

Remove game, noob. 8-] ECCM still good vs ewars even w ECM tunings.

For the whiners who never went to pvp:

top vaga vs M. Chance: 56%
top vaga vs HM. Chance: 79%

top vaga vs M+1 ECCM. Chance: 34%
top vaga vs HM+1 ECCM. Chance: 42%

top vaga +1 ECM-tuning vs M+1 ECCM. Chance: 46%
top vaga +1 ECM-tuning vs HM+1 ECCM. Chance: 56%

For comparison:

M+1 ECM vs vaga. Chance 45%..... so... vaga+ecmtuning vs M+ECCM or M+1ECM vs vaga... difference 1%.

Last statistic (today): vaga +2 ECM vs M+1 ECCM and ewar mechs (+? ECCM):

5 successful vs 17 unsuccessful. Real chance: 23%.

Top prize for being a prick!  Good job Chemist!  You win!

-Ensi

Annihilator wrote:

ECCM does only lower chance that you get hit

most of  the "ECCM is useless" complaints seem to come from PVE player, where they face multiple ECM fitted NPCs with their on-purpose ECM weak Heavy mechs.

which one are you, ensireka?

The PvE'r that used 2 ECCMs in a HM.  Jamming seemed too frequent to actually warrant use vs 2 sensor amps.  Sometimes they would just jam me out constantly, forcing me to flee ... EW is just irritating part of life.  Still, I don't expect there to be extensions which only support EW, why not boost EW defensive capabilities?

Annihilator wrote:
Line wrote:

well, thats the strange balance here

there is no limit to how many ECMs or Supressors can try to hit you at the same time - there is just the limit how many supressor or sensor amps can work on you (2)

demobs also have a limit of two on you, AND you can be immune to them.

there is only one thing in common with all three types of ewar and enwar - they call together can put you into a fulltime stun-lock until you are exploding, with ZERO chance to escape.

and yet, there are some who complain that with the existance of ECCM and Demob-immunity that their ewar mechs become obsolete in PvP. (eg. Ville complaining that he cannot put as many targets out of combat with a single vagabond as he can fit ecms on it)

And yet EW have modules that boost their effectiveness along with Extensions that make EW more powerful ...

Jita wrote:

The people whining about ECM being overpowered or the ictus being useless are just not being truthful. ECM is still useful but a lot harder now that mechs are more used. Ictus mk2 is probably the most used ewar mech currently, that again is because mechs are the main target but also because all three are just more balanced.

What does need tweaking is the power of ewar modules and the bonus of ewar bots. They should have the same strength as now when on a vaga / zenith but need a nerf when fitted to other mechs. The same could be said for enwar.

I dunno Jita, running 2 ECCM and getting jammed like it's not really making much of a difference is slightly irritating.  I don't see why a HM has less EW resistance unless it's to make em more susceptible to the lesser bots with their lack of firepower.  I tell you what ... If I made a combat machine I would defend it against everything to the best of my ability, not lower it's defensive capabilities because it's a little better then the predecessor ...  (HM vs M).

Just saying,

-Ensi

ps.  Overall ... I'd rather the reload bug be fixed vs anything else during this current stage of the game.