Topic: Location of Artifact unreachable

I have an artifact in unreachable position on Kraslovsk and reported it already in ticket system real long ago, would like to know, if you could fix it soon.

Re: Location of Artifact unreachable

The only solution we could come up for this so far is to let the server reset all artifact locations daily at a specific time. Not sure yet whether this is technically possible at all, but it's on the todo.

+1 to artifact respawn timer.
Even weekly would be fine.

I am against daily update. But if the only solution is to reset artifact locations, I would recommend to do this 1-2 times a month unless there are more positions where you can have artifacts being really unreachable (aka non Terraform Zone on Gamma in combination with Terrain beeing blocked for all bots.

what reason would stand against daily reset at the same time the EP are given?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If the update would be daily, there would be no reason to use some effort reaching a spot not easy to reach. Eg. kill some NPCs or if you would need to terraform to get there. As even if you have 2 spots hard to reach on an island your fine digging for the other 8.

But if a spot is unable to reach, there needs a corrective measure within say less than 4 weeks.

whats the point?
there is no mechanic that makes that hard-to-reach artifact special in any way.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The point is that you already get free lunch on alpha.  No need to get everything for free on beta/gamma.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The only solution we could come up for this so far is to let the server reset all artifact locations daily at a specific time. Not sure yet whether this is technically possible at all, but it's on the todo.

Seriously!? That's "the only solution we could come up [with] so far".

This issue has raised its head numerous times over the last couple of years and there have been at least a couple of much better workable solutions suggested. Try searching the forums.

Wait, if the artifact respawn daily, that brings another problem, if you dont want to find that artifact in a day. So lets say you collect some Observer stashes when you have the support from your team to kill them.

So I would say 1 week reset is not a bad solution.
Alos as Ludlow said there is some other possible solutions.

+1 for weekly reset

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Repeating relevant suggestion of introducing a new artifact charge that pops a artifact from far away. Possible downsides: -Can't collect the artifact even theorethically -High seeding cost and no craft option -have to hit the location of the artifact pretty dead on

Or more generally make it a per player option to have (partial) rerolls on your artifacts for some cost instead of the environment giving out natural free rerolls.

Or just run a script that deletes artefact DB locations that are 28 days old and creates a new one

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I think we have a lot good ideas in this thread how to solve this problem.
My favorite would be Jitas idea of deleting locations after 28 days, but even a reroll every 1st of a month would be acceptable.

I just like to see a solution as the ticket is now older than 6 month.