1 (edited by JetNexus 2016-04-30 18:33:58)

Topic: Russian chat topic change

Russian chat room topic is outdated: tutorial tip is irrelevant now, and the link to fansite is also doesn't working.
But we have a good resource for new russian players who are not very good at English, so i suggest changing the topic to the following:
"Википедия на русском языке: http://ru.perpetuum.wikia.com/wiki/"

Re: Russian chat topic change

+

+

+1

-1 Russians dont play this game, thats just western propaganda! tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

-1 Russians dont play this game, thats just western propaganda! tongue

stfu

Just @ Game

I could actually give operator rights on the channel if you agree on someone.

Can I have general chat operator rights?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Can I have general chat operator rights?

+1 This will only mean good things

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Here is the problem with giving someone in Russian chat operator rights.

ALL of the Russians are in one alliance.  They use Russian chat as kind of a squad chat/blue intel channel.   Anyone is is not in their alliance will get banned out of the channel for "speaking English".  I'd suggest recruiting a "GM".  There are players who would volunteer their time to assist in this.

Who in this game would you suggest as a GM?

Also if the Russian channel has the only Russians in the game in it why do you care what they do with it?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

Anyone is is not in their alliance will get banned out of the channel for "speaking English".

The Russian channel is meant for those who speak Russian, so I don't see the problem.

I can take operator role, if there is no objections.
1. I'm not the most active player, but i won't quit. I have ~5 years of subscription remaining, so it's hard to quit smile
2. Mostly for keeping channel topic up-to-date.
3. No one will ever get banned, no matter what. Not even temporary. Because it's the public channel. You can use "block" feature on people you don't like.

14 (edited by Crepitus 2016-05-03 17:55:02)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Anyone is is not in their alliance will get banned out of the channel for "speaking English".

The Russian channel is meant for those who speak Russian, so I don't see the problem.

I guess I'll stop helping newbies in that channel with Google translate then. This is what you're doing while ignoring tickets?

EDIT: No player would or should be considered neutral for something like this. Just change the topic yourself to their wiki or whatever and be done.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

I guess I'll stop helping newbies in that channel with Google translate then. This is what you're doing while ignoring tickets?

EDIT: No player would or should be considered neutral for something like this. Just change the topic yourself to their wiki or whatever and be done.

So bad

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1

Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1

No need give operators right. Just change head channel if players want it.

Just @ Game

Oh well. Done.