Topic: Dev Zoom

Is everything okay?  We are use to seeing posts from you ever week at least twice and your last post was on the 11th and we haven't heard anything blog related in a month or two.  Observing on my end Perpetuum has become a forced project instead of enjoying a game you've developed.  I hope that's not the case and all is well.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Dev Zoom

It's bad enough you are deliberately killing the game without mocking him for it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Yeah Ville, you're killing the game by playing it.  You're the biggest bag of *** ever, and i'll explain why.   like a *** you are trying to clean the sand out of people vajayjay's and they hate you for it.  It's funny when we were low on numbers we kept playing and now that the shoe is on the other foot our what 5-7 guys killed the game.  Face the facts Jita, people are already playing other games because guess what there are other games out there.  If that were not the case we woudln't own everything.  Facts of the matter:
1) Devs Nerfed the living *** out of missions people left so did you. 
2) Devs continue to ignore the QoL adjustments people have requested(Give goth his *** cryo). 
3)ITS way too hard for newer corporations to gain a foothold in anything cause grinding tokens is a *** waste of time with beacons sucking ***. 
4) not enough corps using the diplomatic route or doing it wrong case in point you being greedy *** only offering phm beta2 lul islands.  How's that working out for you now?     
5)  Content: there is none Missions only lasted so long. 

From someone who hasn't been playing as long as most people that frequent here i can say my interactions with the dev team is a serious cause for concern.

4 (edited by Jita 2016-04-18 18:20:29)

Its no secret, if you blue ball fights, hit saps on off times and gank people doing PVE or travelling your opponent plays less. Its not a new tactic, its been done for years. Ville and the rest of you knew what would happen, that's the intention and it was successful.

It's no surprise that when you all left we had three months of successive population increases to a level not seen since the steam launch and when you came back it was three months of successive population drops.

Also lol at Rovocs imaginary world

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

If Zoom has nothing else to say, it's really bad news guys.

RIP PERPETUUM

come on, jita

its true, playing against ville&co is as entertaining as not playing at all,
but its not only their fault.

the game only has content for two weeks max. you can have the extensions to drive a mk2 heavy mech right from the start,
its only a matter of grinding a few missions to be able to buy and outfit one. if you're in a communistic corp, you can get one from the beginning too -> now whats left to play for to get a feeling of progression?

maxing out the relation with the npc faction? done in two weeks.
working towards a unique equip combination in your heavy mech? well...  given the theoretical number of combinations compared to the practical ones... there is nothing to work for.

PVP here is by far to cumbersome to be a driving factor for game population/popularity
PvE is by far to boring to even surpass the cheapest asia-grinder mmo, which often has at least appealing FX...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Jita 2016-04-18 20:11:41)

I'm not saying the game doesn't have problems, I'm saying despite those problems the population grew for three months until ville orchestrated a selfish plan to drive others from the game. He then makes mocking posts to Zoom about it.

"... Ville orchestrated... "

You only have yourself to blame, if you were man enough to stick to your multi-faction plan there might have still been something. Instead, the moment DoY started getting pounded, you dropped the charade to pursue your Server Coalition #10.

So we burned everything and everyone again.

See you next time! o/

9 (edited by Jita 2016-04-18 21:11:41)

You blue balled every fight, hid and hit off saps and ganked pve people and travellers until 80% got bored and left. This is a sandbox and that kind of behaviour actively makes people quit which was your intention.

Jita wrote:

You blue balled every fight, hid and hit off saps and ganked pve people and travellers until 80% got bored and left. This is a sandbox and that kind of behaviour actively makes people quit which was your intention.

Your off hours are our prime time.

Not every fight got blue balled, the kill board shows the facts.

No one is actively trying to make people leave the game except you.

*drops the mic*

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

11 (edited by Khadia Khan 2016-04-18 22:12:58)

Jita wrote:

http://www.perp-kill.net/related/269320 tell me more of these pve and travelers

Or was that whole day me killing mission pve'rs ......

Don't insult my intelligence I haven't killed a true noob since the eve exodus that brought NEX in the game.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Who are you lying to? Us Or yourself?

one question:
are you guys are desperately doing this in topics that are public, instead of the shut-away corp dialoque?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I was just responding to Ville mocking zoom really. I guess once I get started its hard not to express my tired and calm outrage at the way they will fully destroy a game I once loved.

Jita got served.  Epic.

I'm not mocking Dev Zoom, I'm making sure he's not dead.  Because I care.

Ville wrote:

Perp's official steam channel has shown him online just half an hour ago..

Okay great!  Atleast he's alive and kicking.

19 (edited by Celebro 2016-04-19 19:30:47)

Ville wrote:

What a wild assumption to make. He is not posting because there is nothing else to say, unless he wants to insult our inteligence, anyways he is probably pissed since they told him live servers were moved to Hungary, when in actual fact it was not the case. Someone made him look like a fool.

RIP PERPETUUM

Who cares?  *** happens.  There's internal miscommunication all the time!  So it's not like he looked like a fool.

Ville wrote:

Who cares?  *** happens.  There's internal miscommunication all the time!  So it's not like he looked like a fool.

Miscomunicate where your God damn servers are? How the hell do you do that? Pretty much reflects on where the game is at atm.

RIP PERPETUUM

It happens, Zoom is not the coder or networking guy so if someone says something in passing it can get miscommunicated.  Like my wife saying she's going to the store.  6 hours later and $400 gone she meant "ALL" the stores.  It happens who cares?

23 (edited by Race Drones 2016-04-22 14:31:08)

Jita wrote:

..., hit saps on off times ...

SAPs are on time for me.

Jita wrote:

It's no surprise that when you all left we had three months of successive population increases to a level not seen since the steam launch and when you came back it was three months of successive population drops.

Yes, when my people all left, Ethos and DoY have a lot people online playing, Ethos + Joke + Unity + ToG + R. conquer green islands and DoY + HoD conquer blue islands helped by Ethos + R., but you all allied and try to crush PHM with your bandwagon fleets in a Atrrition War, we Fight Back the Attrition War with Attrition War / Guerrilla Warfare!.

Don't Cry. "Do not weep like a woman for what you could not defend like a man".

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

24 (edited by Naismith 2016-04-22 13:50:35)

It's important to note that the Beta outpost mechanics are evidently functioning perfectly fine.

A small force of POE members based out of Tellesis and ICS Beta. We had an extremely significant amount of bots and mods locked away from us. Conquering Domhalarn was a process which attracted a Server Coalition (meaning EVERYONE dropped all pretenses of multi-faction metagame) to fight and try to prevent us from recapturing our home. We took it back in ~2 months of fighting.

The outpost mechanics actually provided us with a fun-factor since we had to strategically target Koykili without making it obvious, once it was below 50 and unlocked it allowed us to haul equipment out throughout the US TZ to fuel our war effort.

Now that equipment is sitting in station that can't ever be locked, so we won't have to think too hard next time around. Which is a shame, thinking games are too rare today.

Bottom line - fighting with less assets, less manpower, against locked stations, we achieved our objective (Reconquista) and all our enemies fell on their swords and went to play other games again.

Race Drones wrote:
Jita wrote:

..., hit saps on off times ...

SAPs are on time for me.

Jita wrote:

Yes, when my people all left, Ethos and DoY have a lot people online playing, Ethos + Joke + Unity + ToG + R. conquer green islands and DoY + HoD conquer blue islands helped by Ethos + R., but you all allied and try to crush PHM with your bandwagon fleets in a Atrrition War, we Fight Back the Attrition War with Attrition War / Guerrilla Warfare!.

Don't Cry. "Do not weep like a woman for what you could not defend like a man".

Pissing off Racedrones is mistake one. Racedrones is a hero!