76 (edited by Gekko 2016-04-18 09:09:27)

Re: Wait to progress

Mroq wrote:

Stopped by to tell You something I found out today. Eve will be doing daily opportunities in 2-3 weeks. Meaning there will be activities that grants you some SP every day, it's to keep people logging in (I myself took nearly a year brake from eve with 300+ days in skillqueue). Seems like they want to help new players get up to speed.
   I delved back into EVE after over a month here and I am really surprised of the activities in my wormhole. New players are grinding ISK like nobodys business - I swear they got addicted to injectors lol. Theres stuff to do again big_smile No need to look into other games now.

Appologies to everyone for stirring that s**t in here. Also sorry for some of my enraged posts - not used to forums really. Walk safe o7.

And i've thought SP for $ is totally screwed. Why do they still need time progression?
At this rate Perp have all chances to be better than Eve, and one of it's kind, because CCP are killing everything that made eve unique for marketing purposes and because of their loans.
Of course, if only our DEVs cared about this more and won't follow ccp's footsteps.

I wonder how much eve players are sick of CCP's attitude, but they haven't heard of any Perpetuums smile

My newbies learn more about how to play the game (and enjoy it) in 2 months then you did in 2 years of waiting for EP.

EP doesn't give you experience. You can have all the EP in the world, you're still gonna do dumb sh*t (like I've seen you doing) because you're a noob without a clue. Nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong.

You aren't uncompetitive because you're not on an even playing field EP-wise, you're uncompetitive because you spent X years afk-waiting to sit in the biggest baddest robot while everyone else who played advanced in leaps and bounds in their actual "skill".

The question is, is that due to bad vet advice or due to your simpleminded attitude.

78 (edited by Race Drones 2016-04-22 11:34:05)

Naismith wrote:

My newbies learn more about how to play the game (and enjoy it) in 2 months then you did in 2 years of waiting for EP.

EP doesn't give you experience. You can have all the EP in the world, you're still gonna do dumb sh*t (like I've seen you doing) because you're a noob without a clue. Nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong.

You aren't uncompetitive because you're not on an even playing field EP-wise, you're uncompetitive because you spent X years afk-waiting to sit in the biggest baddest robot while everyone else who played advanced in leaps and bounds in their actual "skill".

The question is, is that due to bad vet advice or due to your simpleminded attitude.

^^ +1

...these newbies reach 700 rep and one billion in wallet.

F*ck, i'm only 600 rep with 57 millions.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Naismith wrote:

If "dumb sh*t" is being careless of losing a bot (which I have too many now) then I would prefer to play a game where people prefer to engage. Instead you people prefer to cover in stations and ONLY come out when in advantage after checking all you spies and sh*t. In my times it was called camping and was considered being a wanker - but there is nothing wrong with being a wanker nowadays it seems so dont get me wrong.

Race Drones wrote:

^^ +1

...these newbies reach 700 rep and one billion in wallet.

F*ck, i'm only 600 rep with 57 millions.

600rep and 1b is done in 16-20h with less than 4k ep. And where are all the newbies now? I logged in a few times and 80% of it general chat was less than 4 people. And I was on my own on it once.

But back on topic:

The game is p2w the moment it allows cash for currency.
The game is p2w the moment it allows alts.
The game is p2w the moment it allows more EP for cash (booster).

If you think people will join an empty game and play/wait for xx years to get to the goodies - you are wrong. EP is a resource same as every other one - saddens me people dont realize it (or do realize it and hug to it as their only resource not obtainable by others claiming their superior "gameplay skill").

Mroq have you ever played counter strike?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Mroq have you ever played counter strike?

Global reporting in.

Most recent FPS I played competitively was quake 2.

The point to that comment is how do feel being no scoped from across the map?  It's infuriating.  People don't like losing.  No one does.  So in asset acquisition mmos that require you to grind first to Pvp, players are hesitant to lose something.  Mroq, PHM alone has 10k+ bots in Corp storage.  We still produce more daily.  Why?  Because we know what a REAL war looks like.  And we know what it looks like to lose the war.  Which is why some fights are better left to blue balling.  Pvp isn't fair.  I don't care how bad *** 5 players are if the enemy has 20.  The enemy has a 99% chance of winning the engagement.  So why waste the time it took you build that bot to loose it?  Fun?  It's not fun loosing a fleet engagement.  It's usually demoralizing. 

And another tidbit:  if you'd stop going after blue stations you won't get much trouble out of bebg&t.  It's when the Nth server coalition shows up to Dom people start getting fired up.

Ville wrote:

The point to that comment is how do feel being no scoped from across the map?  It's infuriating.  People don't like losing.  No one does.  So in asset acquisition mmos that require you to grind first to Pvp, players are hesitant to lose something.  Mroq, PHM alone has 10k+ bots in Corp storage.  We still produce more daily.  Why?  Because we know what a REAL war looks like.  And we know what it looks like to lose the war.  Which is why some fights are better left to blue balling.  Pvp isn't fair.  I don't care how bad *** 5 players are if the enemy has 20.  The enemy has a 99% chance of winning the engagement.  So why waste the time it took you build that bot to loose it?  Fun?  It's not fun loosing a fleet engagement.  It's usually demoralizing. 

And another tidbit:  if you'd stop going after blue stations you won't get much trouble out of bebg&t.  It's when the Nth server coalition shows up to Dom people start getting fired up.

Please tell me about a real war PHM or you have ever fought. You don't know the meaning of the word.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Your right Jita.  I participated in gamma seige warfare side with STC and co.  I lost Bergers island.  I was in Morte when m2s war was going on.  Goffer was in sauder machine Corp the big German one.  I know I speaker it's name hella wrong.  I remember streaming endless kains into STC at karapyth.  When it was connected next to an alpha hub.  And I remember battling 62nd.  Beside the point, Mroq what I'm trying to get at is its easy to die but your Indy guys hate you!

what wars has jita been in?

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

https://youtu.be/Olb2LT7VYtU smile

Just @ Game

88 (edited by Race Drones 2016-04-30 15:43:02)

Mroq wrote:

...Instead you people prefer to cover in stations and ONLY come out when in advantage after checking all you spies and sh*t

I can respond that with real data from the game, not speculating things from a fantasy world in the corner of your mind.

EDIT: Real data from KB example: http://i.imgur.com/NvZTxL5.png

Mroq wrote:

... And where are all the newbies now? I logged in a few times and 80% of it general chat was less than 4 people. And I was on my own on it once.

I'm talking about OUR NEWBIES, yours newbies yes, 80% are off, they are not stupid, at some level they can see the liars and cheats.

I don't believe yours liars and cheats about you want new players for the good of the game, all new players or new corps in this game are private message by your people to talk *** about us, later when they are your allies, your pressure them to fight us, to crush us, and when fail, THEN THEY LEAVE THE GAME !.

All you want from new players is they do the work of "sitting ducks" or "cannon fodder" for you!.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race drones is completely right, every new player or new corp that comes in-game gets recruited, fed propaganda, and thrown at us. We've intentionally permitted this to happen, by choosing to not recruit. Recruits have to be managed, entertained, encouraged, schooled, way too much effort involved. Defectors and disillusioned pilots wanting to jump over to greener pastures are much easier to handle and utilize. We kept a live-stream of your corp-chat & TS for a few weeks before we decided it was too boring and stopped bothering.

We used to have 50+ people online on pings, now most of our guys are off playing Albion and DOTA. There comes a point where adding a 0 on your stack of sh*t becomes pointless, and we reached that point in ~2014 thanks to our dear friend Peanut.

There will always be two certainties in Perpetuum;

a) Jita will build a server coalition alliance
b) Jita will self-destruct his server coalition alliance

Meaning for the longest of time we've had to do very little to win - show up a few times, do some ninja spy stuff, and let Jita interact with all your wonderful aspie personalities. What's even better is, everyone in your merry band hates Jita & JOKE, but you're all too afrad to go on your own without him holding your hand.

Fun Fact: Every time you band up and start fighting, Gunner starts a "Jita Timer". lol

Ultimately, making sure you have no fun is a legitimate strategy we will continue to employ. Deal with it, or don't. Either works out for us in the end. lol

That obsession is very gratifying. From naming stations to so many posts it shows how much I must really get under your skin. I can't think why. Are you still bothered about us making a fool out of you on Norhoop all those years ago?

But if you had any spies you would know I have had very little to do with any alliance, don't go on their comms and don't get involved in the decision making. We would much rather shoot each other and would be doing so now if you lot had stayed away.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

We spent 2 weeks killing everyone on Norhoop while you bailed on your alliance and went to Bellicha to camp M2S industrials that didn't exist. lol

So by playing we're essentially griefing you and preventing you from having fun? lol

92 (edited by Leary 2016-04-30 14:55:18)

Being a member of CIR in Albion I can tell Syndic is not as bad as he looks here, he has a cute accent and is helpful with newbros (join us!). tongue

Otherwise Beastmode is the only one that cares about "alliances" in Joke since like 2 years... lol

#WeAreJita

I speak broken English.

No he is not a bad fella, just seems to be a bit obsessed.

Jita wrote:

Seems to have good reason. You were an ally more than once. Without Styx around you do fine as the cut rate *** doll cool.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I've been an ally n and off with a few people but it's only PofE that seem to have this never ending hero worship that causes so many posts ... Its a little flattering I guess.

Jita wrote:

Well thats because your the centre of the universe Jita tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Christ I hope not. I have ate too many pies since I turned thirty and I'm starting to develop my own gravity however :-)

Leary is semi-right, you should come play Albion with us instead of the t*rd circling the toilet bowl.

Naismith wrote:

Leary is semi-right, you should come play Albion with us instead of the t*rd circling the toilet bowl.

Maybe but I heard Albion was bad

Do you like right clicking?