Topic: Why did the server crash ?

https://i.gyazo.com/a0f9962a559de22ef5c … 0ec6e9.jpg

It was also the forums/website.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

2 (edited by Celebro 2016-04-06 01:13:58)

Re: Why did the server crash ?

Is that the Putty icon at the bottom left big_smile.

Are u sure it didn't crash because you have like 100 services open, seriously bluetooth do you need that open?

Edit:It's clear this time it's the connection to the servers, I just can't stand playing games with so much *** running in the background  tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

seriously bluetooth do you need that open?

A mouse?
A keyboard?
A good headset? smile

Celebro wrote:

Is that the Putty icon at the bottom left big_smile.

Are u sure it didn't crash because you have like 100 services open, seriously bluetooth do you need that open?

Edit:It's clear this time it's the connection to the servers, I just can't stand playing games with so much *** running in the background  tongue

Yes it is (queue Ville talking *** about the 14" Compaq CRT on my Linux server in the corner). The only thing I use bluetooth for is a speaker I put in the bathroom for when I'm in the shower. The game's CPU and memory requirements have actually gone up somewhat.

I have an i7-3770k with 16 GB of ram and I routinely cap the ram and CPU out with multiple clients open (and another monitor with a browser with about 2 dozen tabs open... and sometimes a movie playing and.. and .... ). I've found CPU/ram to be much more limiting factors as of late which wasn't the case at all when I left last time (there weren't any, I ran the same # of clients far more efficiently on the same hardware). GPU doesn't seem to be an issue unless I'm running virtual machines too.

What's interesting is how much variation there is. When I first load in to the game CPU/ram use are very low even with many clients, but start opening maps and auto-piloting across islands and it gets ugly fast then use will randomly fall way off and go back to how it was for awhile and then spike again etc. There also didn't use to be a "you've been connected 24 hours GTFO or we'll disconnect you forcefully" notice.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

It was a short network outage near the servers.

I'm still suffering major lag tonight. Cant play, rubber banding everywhere, takes 15 seconds to move stuff around in storage..

wouldn't wonder if its related to Vodafone's network issues

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear