1 (edited by Rovoc 2016-04-04 15:38:35)

Topic: The Ugly Truth

I think its painfully obvious that the dev don't care about this game.  How about we have the war to end all wars so i can quit and go play another game.  I have around 75 seth mk2's and 100 mk2 arty's id like to blow up so i wouldn't have wasted all that time for nothing.  I would say lets just start brawling over saps but that's boring, as we already do this, but scheduled bang is even worse.  Any suggestions? before the trolling starts no im not gonna walk them into fleets to die or give them away.  looking for real suggestions.

P.S. idk about yall but the current state of the game is *** boring as poop.

Re: The Ugly Truth

I disagree.  The developers are probably bogged down with RL stuff.  The problem Rovoc is you've hit the glass ceiling.  You've won some Pvp engagements and you've lost some.  You've been in an alliance that's controlled the game world and has owned nothing.  So your brewing for new content.  It's natural.  So what I'd suggest to you is to go into Team building.  Take new people under your wing and guide them.  There's still stuff to do.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Host a tournament. Play flagged hide and seek. Put a bounty on your head. Challenge people to duels. Do open-to-all NPC farming give loot away. Furiously masturbate while spinning in station. Keep an archive of scanned fits like Ghandi. Play Whose Online filing cabinet like Race Drones.

Sandbox.

You can always bomb walls at Karapyth, probably soon on Solarfield, it was fun when I did it smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Rovoc wrote:

I think its painfully obvious that the dev don't care about this game.  How about we have the war to end all wars so i can quit and go play another game.  I have around 75 seth mk2's and 100 mk2 arty's id like to blow up so i wouldn't have wasted all that time for nothing.  I would say lets just start brawling over saps but that's boring, as we already do this, but scheduled bang is even worse.  Any suggestions? before the trolling starts no im not gonna walk them into fleets to die or give them away.  looking for real suggestions.

P.S. idk about yall but the current state of the game is *** boring as poop.

Well we did try and have a four island free for all with no saps and lots of fights but you lot were not interested. Now we are back at square one, the games population has halved and I've no idea what to suggest. The last attempt was pretty much the best chance I've seen in years.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Population halved because veterans couldn't print NIC thru beta missions.

i've stopped actively playing, because there was nothing to do that was entertaining.

- gamma fights are depressing if you don't have millions of free assets and multiple accounts, to do all the stuff necessary. let alone all the hauling through beta necessary.

- beta missions.
you do them to earn NIC... the payout was great, but logically the prices of stuff on the market followed accordingly, so after a few weeks, it felt exactly the same as before - and the risk vs. reward balance bas back to high risk, low reward.

- PvP ?
boring, since in 90% of the engagements i was hired - i was assigned RR-Support. I usually do not even show up on killmails...
and even if i am assigned a DPS role...
Its so f**** boring having to run min-maxing heavy mechs.

thats as entertaining as playing any game with a cheated end-game weapon from start to end.
no leveling, no variation.

last but not least... the lack of grafical improvements.
Things like Deferred Shading, normal mapping, procedural displacement maps, Ambient Occlusion, particle and softbody FX... and for god's sake, scaleable UI.
Its all engine work, not 3D artist...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

@Ville content What can i do?  PVP *** getting old blowing up the same old people.  PvE i already have 4 black bots, beacons are a complete *** waste of time 15minutes for 10k kernals *** that horse ***.  Gamma, i had an entire island to myself so im done with that.  New bro's ok... ill hang out with the new spies oh but wait no one ever lasts because of said content.  i already have a my war chest so im done mining for now.  What else is there for me?  Bottom line is devs would much rather take content away and change the game rather than help make the game better.  Case in point dev zoom would rather work on static npc spawns than something meaningful.  Idk about yall but im at the limit of my patience with this game.

On the spy issue why would anyone bother? Joke haven't put a spy in a corp since STC were still worth fighting

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

9 (edited by Inda 2016-04-05 06:02:01)

I invite you to ETHOS if you are bored or dont know what to do.

You guys are interesting.

I have stuff to do every day, I see like 1 year work still. (And in that timeframe there will be some development for sure.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I don't mind if you leave the game. good luck to you! smile

Just @ Game

11 (edited by Crepitus 2016-04-05 14:27:15)

Rovoc wrote:

@Ville content What can i do?  PVP *** getting old blowing up the same old people.

Meh. Not an issue for me.

Rovoc wrote:

PvE i already have 4 black bots

PvP in those?

Rovoc wrote:

, beacons are a complete *** waste of time 15minutes for 10k kernals *** that horse ***.

Agreed.

Rovoc wrote:

Gamma, i had an entire island to myself so im done with that.  New bro's ok... ill hang out with the new spies oh but wait no one ever lasts because of said content.

It is the rare individual who comes back to the game time and time again. But no one who does does it for the PvE.

Rovoc wrote:

i already have a my war chest so im done mining for now.

I hope to God that Syndic reads that; hopefully after I get home from work so I can pass out from laughing at his reaction.

Rovoc wrote:

What else is there for me?  Bottom line is devs would much rather take content away and change the game rather than help make the game better.  Case in point dev zoom would rather work on static npc spawns than something meaningful.

Mostly agree. They do tend to get bogged in minutiae, development is and has always been exceedingly slow, but I've seen worse. Having recently read the Blog post from July last year, their roadmap is to make the game even less accessible by making huge red NPC caravans roam everywhere except Alpha 1 right? I also saw the poll where Loot tables were #1 priority by vote.

Rovoc wrote:

Idk about yall but im at the limit of my patience with this game.

I've been at mine several times and yet here I am again. PvP is the reason. I've watched huge windfalls of players come and go several times. There is a slow trickle of new players from Steam these days. I don't there will be any more mass influxes, and frankly, the game is even less capable of handling them now then they were several years ago thanks to some of the more recent design decisions.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I have stuff to do every day, I see like 1 year work still. (And in that timeframe there will be some development for sure.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

13 (edited by JetNexus 2016-04-05 17:23:18)

That's ok, i felt the same way in EVE before i quit.
Lots of blogs, videos and updates, but it was still the same to me, nothing really new, nothing interesting left to do, terribly boring.
I guess you just can't play any game forever... roll

Energy to Earth!

Inda wrote:

You'll have to give specific examples which involve things that your corp can do that no one else already can/does do to try to poach people - especially people getting disenfranchised with the game and development pace themselves.

Population graphs

Sure inda, let me put an indi toon in Ethoes so i can park him in gamma >.>

Crepitus wrote:
Inda wrote:

You'll have to give specific examples which involve things that your corp can do that no one else already can/does do to try to poach people - especially people getting disenfranchised with the game and development pace themselves.

That is not such a thing.

Energy to Earth!

Rovoc wrote:

You guys have enough spy in ETHOS dont need more.

Energy to Earth!

Inda wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

Meh.

Population graphs

Inda wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

It's Pakaw token grinding for black bots.  Producers trying to get resources to make T4 and *** female drama with new player questions.  Very sad tbh.

21 (edited by Inda 2016-04-05 22:13:10)

Ville wrote:
Inda wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

It's Pakaw token grinding for black bots.  Producers trying to get resources to make T4 and *** female drama with new player questions.  Very sad tbh.

Whaa? Its sad? Why?

Energy to Earth!

It's sad because I'm one of the "new players" in your Corp.

Ville wrote:

I just have a bit more than you big_smile

Energy to Earth!

Ville wrote:

What's sad is that you would make recruiting new people in a game where its so important to its survival with behavior like that. Are there no depths you won't sink to in your efforts to ruin the game? Are spies the only way to feel safe in a 6 vs 6 fight? Pathetic.

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

What's sad is that you would make recruiting new people in a game where its so important to its survival with behavior like that. Are there no depths you won't sink to in your efforts to ruin the game? Are spies the only way to feel safe in a 6 vs 6 fight? Pathetic.

Okay Tonnik.  Hypocrite.