1 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2016-03-27 23:43:21)

Topic: My two-bit on what should be done for steam summersale

As time ticks and the days go foward, the steam summersale slowly crawls foward as such, I imagine this will be seen and ignored by the people who it matters for this to be seen by but I am putting this here anyways.

To my opinion, Syndicate robots and either Syndicate supply drop, or some form of PvE content like the loot table rebalancing would do well for the pop if both were completed and setup to be released as the Steam summersale begins. Syndicate robots would be a must here because if old players heard that new bots came out at the same time as the steam summersale and perp ofc is on the sale, they would think that not only will there be new combat bots to try, but with the summersale, there will potentially be more people around as well to try them with, pulls back vets and brings in new players. Not to mention that it gives newer players more choices and options to work towards.

On this note of Syndicate Robots, I would like to encourage the dev team as I think if you guys finish whatever you are working on now and go back to the work on the Syndicate robots and get that tool online so we can play with bot designs and what not, then take in the selection and get the balancing and any stat, bonus, slot, price chages into effect and tweak out bugs.

I think it is possible for you guys to have Syndicate robots in time for the Steam sale, or at very least, mid-sale. I feel strongly about this and working alongside the community towards getting these new bots should be a must, new bots during the biggest steam sale of the year, more players and community grows by however much again, think of it that way Devs! Also... don't make Syndicate robots expensive as balls like the black heavies please, I don't want the more casual player to be discourages from being able to farm for a few new robots.

I also feel that Syndicate Supply drops would be good too as it would create incentive for entities to go on beta and do PvP, the idea of fighting over pre-announced resources is not a bad one, though I feel the need to ask... how would the pre-announcement of drops work and would it be server-wide, something that could pop-up on the events tab server-wide that could be disabled in the event notifications, or is it local to an Island, or is it in the news tab? Do tell please devs, I am curious how that notification System for Syndicate supply drops will be intended to work.

I am not sure how much work this would be but I imagine it would not be much harder then teleport anomalies assuming those were not hard and could probably be finished not too long after the Syndicate robots unless you choose to do first, though getting Syndicate robots done first would be better for the marketing and content side of things come steam summersale.

Also some PvE changes like the loot rebalancing that was planned would also be nice to have for a steam summersale update release, if the loot was reworked to be better as said in your old 2015 roadmap blog, then that might be some PvE incentive if the loot is more worthwhile. On that note maybe tweaking NPC aggression would be of some interest too but maybe not at the same time, one of the common complaints from solo PvErs is the whole mechanic that can cause NPCs to randomly switch aggression to follow bots. I'm not sure if that is just mindset, but since this mechanic first came into fruition, it seems the amount of solo farmers decreased of note and PvE amount decreased.

Not sure if this is intended but there still NEEDs to be incentives to do things other then missioning, not just nerfing missions and making them unprofitable, and in this state of the game with the missioning, it would not be an issue if someone could sit-back and solo farm in a heavy with follow bot, that aggression mechanic, the current mission System, and the introduction of teleport anomalies have not completely, but mostly killed PvE, especially on the higher level, but that does not mean PvE is dead. The point here is that tweaks here could also be some incentive for people to comeback, but again, Syndicate robots should be NUMBER ONE, priority.

Anyways, I think this text wall is long enough...

DEVs, feedback here is important, I feel that if you set your minds to it after you finish what you are currently working on or maybe work simultaneously that you could have some nice and even new content out for the Summersale,

As for everyone else, throw your own feedback in here too, do you think some of the things here would be ideal or should something else be done for the steam release that might be considered, POSSIBLE, with whatever timeframe the devs have? Throw in your feedback and enjoy the read.

EDIT: http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … 5-roadmap/
Linked for referencing and what not.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Re: My two-bit on what should be done for steam summersale

I agree, but damn dude, there's a lot of upside down *** in this game for balancing.  I am looking at robot speeds.  We still don't have missions on beta 2s and the mission pay outs are not worth even doing.  And we need npc terminals on beta 2s.  So they are actually used.   Just I dunno man..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Crepitus 2016-03-27 23:48:37)

+1 to mission unnerf. Current payouts are sad (especially since *** HARVESTING pays the most by virtue of mission completion speed). I regret dumping thousands of EP in to the mission extensions when I first returned thinking they would be great at higher level.

+1 to solo NPC farming unnerf - took a new guy out the Tellesis ball and chain with some heavies to try to farm him some loot and nearly lost MK2 heavies multiple times thanks to new NPC aggro mechanics focusing fire on one target repeatedly. It's ridiculous and killed one of the tolerable ways to make money in this.

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything substantial by Summer. I hate the teleport anomolies, easy escape and *** interference with massive spheres of influence that often spawn on gates and under stations suck. They already posted somewhere they were removing Specimen SAPs. Great. Do that. Do it now. Replace with one of the existing ones and get it done yesterday wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Here's a thought. Localize to Chinese and open it up in China.....BOOYAA the masses arise

Rynikwiz wrote:

Here's a thought. Localize to Chinese and open it up in China.....BOOYAA the masses arise

If it was ftp

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Rynikwiz wrote:

If it was ftp

don't think the ftp is the problem, but the time based progression contradicts with everything chinese gameplay stands for.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Rynikwiz wrote:

If it was ftp

don't think the ftp is the problem, but the time based progression contradicts with everything chinese gameplay stands for.

Well there was an idea recently around ice giving you the boost immediately. Ep would be grind based at that point.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

And black robots for credits.
There is a demand for that.
If you aren't against the money, of course.