Topic: new creatures

the fact that nian is an alien planet with life according to the trailer "they won't share without a fight" "they" indecating there are aliens right? but where are these aliens it's only robots so insted of having robots roam and be in missions aliens as in biological creatures should be there it's there planet right? so they should be there. so the dead alien after you kill it can be sold for nic and that would be how you would get peaces from fighting because useally you would get what was equiped on the robot or you could say they eat these peases and you get them once they die? so there is my idea hope it comes to a reality in the game.

Re: new creatures

new models require an art guy which they dont have. I spoke to the art guy who used to work on this game through Anni and offered to pay him $1k of my own money to put new models in the game. All the Devs had to do was agree to let him do it and add the balancing stuff in the tables which is about 5% of the work. It would cost them nothing.

They didn't even refuse, they just ignored me and ignored him and it went nowhere. I can't fathom for one second why they would do this, the very idea of turning down paid content someone else is paying for is one of the few things in the game that genuinely make me furious. Its just truning down easy content - and more importantly the kind of relationship that would allow for future additions

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

new models require an art guy which they dont have. I spoke to the art guy who used to work on this game through Anni and offered to pay him $1k of my own money to put new models in the game. All the Devs had to do was agree to let him do it and add the balancing stuff in the tables which is about 5% of the work. It would cost them nothing.

They didn't even refuse, they just ignored me and ignored him and it went nowhere. I can't fathom for one second why they would do this, the very idea of turning down paid content someone else is paying for is one of the few things in the game that genuinely make me furious. Its just truning down easy content - and more importantly the kind of relationship that would allow for future additions

The real headache is the balancing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:

I hope that isn't the whole story because if it is that is terrible and this is a worse situation than I thought. I don't have that kind of money to put towards this game but I would definitely back some kind of Kickstarter for new content.

If I had a 3D printer I'd be petitioning for the wireframe so I could make some models and I would buy some nice metal ones if they existed. I bought the EVE 2nd decade collector's edition and I barely even played that game I would do more for this one.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:

I hope that isn't the whole story because if it is that is terrible and this is a worse situation than I thought. I don't have that kind of money to put towards this game but I would definitely back some kind of Kickstarter for new content.

If I had a 3D printer I'd be petitioning for the wireframe so I could make some models and I would buy some nice metal ones if they existed. I bought the EVE 2nd decade collector's edition and I barely even played that game I would do more for this one.

Same.  I'm just hoping Jita is pulling a Jita and he's making up stuff again.  I'd personally be willing to throw some money in the new robot endeavor.

Hell I suggested the easiest of all the solutions.  Just copying th models and rename and repurpose them.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

actually, no,
jita is not making stuff up there. its true

also, crepitus - the meshes for the robots can be extracted from the game rather easy, they are just not printable without LOTS of work.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Egh.  It's their game.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Inda 2016-03-22 20:22:35)

ADFormer wrote:

the fact that nian is an alien planet with life according to the trailer "they won't share without a fight" "they" indecating there are aliens right? but where are these aliens it's only robots so insted of having robots roam and be in missions aliens as in biological creatures should be there it's there planet right? so they should be there. so the dead alien after you kill it can be sold for nic and that would be how you would get peaces from fighting because useally you would get what was equiped on the robot or you could say they eat these peases and you get them once they die? so there is my idea hope it comes to a reality in the game.

Well the aliens are the robots, we control them by sparks.

But I am really like your idea, and I proposed that also before.

I would love to see smaller robots, what just a "fauna" here, and they go to plant hide and such a things. It would increase the feelings of Nia. The question is always how hard to make it and how much will it increase the server loads or client loads.

to the OFF topics:
I would love to see what Jita suggested, I also would donate some money to such a projects.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Ville wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:

Same.  I'm just hoping Jita is pulling a Jita and he's making up stuff again.  I'd personally be willing to throw some money in the new robot endeavor.

Hell I suggested the easiest of all the solutions.  Just copying th models and rename and repurpose them.

Well the plan that was tentatively thought up was a green assault mech based on the ictus model but bent over like a raptor. I'll detail what I talked about below.

The 'Raptor'

It would have two machine gun and four missile slots

Two head slots
Two leg slots

+200% damage bonus to missiles and guns

+10% lock speed per level
+5% damage to medium weapons per level

Strong ewar defence
Weak demob resistance

Ictus speed when fitted

High base resists

Large mech surface size

Requires a new rank 9 skill 'assault mechs' to level 8

The idea would be a fast hard hitting assault mech. The low slot amounts and high base bonus give it a situational advantage but make it easy to counter. It also makes it one of the best mechs in the game for missions.

The race and weapon type is intentionally hard to skill for and the kind of thing that people would not be ready to jump in immediately. This promotes people buying skill packages and EP boosters bringing much needed cash in to the game.

The mech would be promoted as a new addition with people able to pre buy it for credits. The intention would be:

Base mech $10
Black version $50 (only ten available)
5 run CT $35
Forum avatar of the Raptor and 'Supporter' for any donation over a dollar

With the 5 run CT available in game as a 1 in 250 drop for level 6 missions or 1 in 250m mined colixium. Colixium would NOT be used for this mech (but would be teased for others assault class).

The mech would be available to buy for two weeks before seeded in game and all money raised through its sale would go toward the next new mech - this would be displayed as a kick starter so that people knew when the $1k was reached a new mech would be created. Once the release happened three options would be given for the next mech so that people could vote for their choice and you would be able to pre order that mech using the same prices as the Raptor and the money going to the third mech.

None of this was discussed with the devs, I never got that far. The idea would be to use cash purchases of something available in game to fund a series of new mechs, bots and heavies with the initial start up cash creating the first mech and the money this brings in perpetuating the idea.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Sad to see such initiative gone to nowhere...

There is a reason why average general chat population is at 10 people on a high note for most of the day....

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Jita's idea sounds like it would have been a good beginning. There also sounds like a number of us that would like to contribute to new bot's and also don't for get, new modules - that other game has A LOT of them.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

There is a reason why average general chat population is at 10 people on a high note for most of the day....

yesterday, i have realised, that if it wasn't for the "time based" progression,
i would have already started a new twink and tried to level it up.

there is no drive to play the game to progress at this moment,
as the only action based progression, is grinding missions to unlock sparks and higher missions...

the missions themselfs are not connected with the gameworld in any way, and the gameworld itself is pretty sterile, especialyl considering activities that require conscious player input.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Inda said

I would love to see smaller robots, what just a "fauna" here, and they go to plant hide and such a things. It would increase the feelings of Nia. The question is always how hard to make it and how much will it increase the server loads or client loads.
to the OFF topics:
I would love to see what Jita suggested, I also would donate some money to such a projects.

so the same robots humans control remotely are the aliens? i would think there were actual living creatures as the aliens

ADFormer wrote:

Inda said

to the OFF topics:

so the same robots humans control remotely are the aliens? i would think there were actual living creatures as the aliens

Yes that is the story here in Perpetuum (afaik).

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

16 (edited by Annihilator 2016-03-25 17:36:45)

what we fight now as NPCs,  are alien zombies
their "brains" got fried by a computer virus we have sent.

ADFormer - if you are interested in the backgroundstory, then take a look at the shortened and boring version here:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Background_story

And if you wanted to look at the (mostly) original version, take a look there:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Prologue

the differences are because the DEVs have reduced the story over the years because of their inability to make the gameplay match whats written in there.