1 (edited by BadAss 2016-03-16 10:28:08)

Topic: scanner chassis

remove it *** from game now!!! stupid module!

you can make also add "scanner skills" if scanner chassis will still in game

Just @ Game

Re: scanner chassis

This warms my heart.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It is pretty ridiculous that scanning other people doesn't flag you on Beta/Gamma - it's an overtly hostile act there.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

It should work as any other agressive module.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Stop basing out of XYZ

Line wrote:

haven't seen detectors or maskers flagging anyone yet...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Line wrote:

Detectors make you easier to see when you use them and don't actively target anyone only passively scan if they can see you based on the formula. Maskers don't target someone else at all.

By your logic any mod should flag someone.

However scanning someone's chassis lets you dock and re-fit to counter exactly that build and it's the only reason to do it on Beta/Gamma and is therefore overtly hostile (as you actively target and fire the chassis scanner at them).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Line wrote:

Detectors make you easier to see when you use them and don't actively target anyone only passively scan if they can see you based on the formula. Maskers don't target someone else at all.

However scanning someone's chassis lets you dock and re-fit to counter exactly that build and it's the only reason to do it on Beta/Gamma and is therefore overtly hostile (as you actively target and fire the chassis scanner at them).

It's being done on alpha, if it was done on beta/gamma the scanner would die. I have been advocating removal of chassis scanners for  a long time. You spend time and effort on developing a unique fit, then you undock and some turd targets and scans you, and there goes the time and effort spent designing it. Everyone may as well just run exactly the same fits. In my opinion if anything should be removed form the game, it should be this.

Blocker wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

It's being done on alpha, if it was done on beta/gamma the scanner would die. I have been advocating removal of chassis scanners for  a long time. You spend time and effort on developing a unique fit, then you undock and some turd targets and scans you, and there goes the time and effort spent designing it. Everyone may as well just run exactly the same fits. In my opinion if anything should be removed form the game, it should be this.

Actually I've seen it far more often on Beta as of late, but you're right, it's prevalent on Alpha as well, I just don't think you can justify the flagging there because while it could be aggression it could be a curious newbie or a mission runner or something too and that should be a benefit of Beta/Gamma ownership albeit a minor one; the ability to develop and test fits in relative secrecy.

However on Beta/Gamma there is no reason to chassis scan someone unless you're trying to counter fit. That's clearly a PvP aggression and should be treated as such. Most often the scanner can't "die" because they scan around a station they can immediately enter so you can't kill them fast enough. If they're flagged they pay a price for their intel - a trade, it should also save the scans like geoscanners do they can be shared in game instead of everyone using external image hosting sites as it is currently.

Population graphs

still,
the scanner is overrated.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

no one must know my fit. this is my last word on the subject.

Just @ Game

Dont touch my scanner!

Ok without joke, I think the PVP flag would be viable option.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

In a way its stupidly weak as it takes a whole slot and in a way its stupidly powerful as suicide scanning can't really be avoided.

Its also not a good tool to estimate wheter you dare to fight as it requires for you to be in lock range to be used ie already in battle - too late to back out now.

14 (edited by Chemist 2016-03-19 07:28:42)

Just what happened now: on tmb undock shielded bot w chassis scanner. scan me and sucessfull dock... On pvp-island...
If we have a flag (and I had a flag): our enemies undock, scan us, successfully dock, makes the counter-fit and attacking us.

On the PvP islands any scanner (cargo or chassis), regardless of the flagged target or not, should give the flag when was activated... This is logical.

Make a flag. Logically, it should be. This battle zone. I scan. I learned individual information. It must be a risk.

Even if you would flag, the scanning bot can be a throw away sub half-million bot and the one counter fitted a significantly pricier bot.

That other game people do it on undock all day with out problems. Hell that other game links fits to killmails.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

Even if you would flag, the scanning bot can be a throw away sub half-million bot and the one counter fitted a significantly pricier bot.

Time. He will have time to scan 1 bot and die. Or he scan all bots and will live (as now).

19 (edited by BadAss 2016-03-20 03:33:41)

wtf Zoom? why enemy can know my tacktic? its fun?

if scanner chassis, not will removed (or flagged who use it) in 7 day, i leave game

Just @ Game

20 (edited by Chemist 2016-03-19 16:17:45)

Zoom, Seriously.

Activate Scanner:

If (Island.Type=="PVP" || Target.Bot.Flag==true) Me.Bot.Flag==true;

its easy! Give us new more fun!

I agree, make scanning a bot a hostile act and flag the player. As for the other game, there are many more modules, fits and ships. Plus and this is important - it has MANY more players and space to live.

It would not be possible for a scanner to scan 50 man fleet in Perp and islands have choke tp points now (stupid idea). Less a problem with a pop of 1000, but we don't have a 1000 players.

the scanner results have any impact on the game?
50% of the scan is visible on the robot (weapons)

what resist does the enemy fit? not important. you will shoot him with chemo or pvp ammo anyway, and heavies have no noticeable resist hole to begin wtih

what can your scan reveal? a shield, a ECCM, or in rare cases, an ewar module you wouln't expect there.

on how many robots do you actually see those variations? Seth's and Zeniths - and sometimes on artemis

does it change the outcome of a battle?

Annihilator wrote:

the scanner results have any impact on the game?
50% of the scan is visible on the robot (weapons)

what resist does the enemy fit? not important. you will shoot him with chemo or pvp ammo anyway, and heavies have no noticeable resist hole to begin wtih

what can your scan reveal? a shield, a ECCM, or in rare cases, an ewar module you wouln't expect there.

on how many robots do you actually see those variations? Seth's and Zeniths - and sometimes on artemis

does it change the outcome of a battle?

This is critical in PvP. Important is how to fit the robot - 90%. The remaining 10% - a weapon. Knowing fit, I can make a counter-fit: use LR or SR weapons. Neutralization or DPS. Use EWAR or use DPS. Does it make sense to use tacklers. How HP has the enemy. What is its speed. And so on and so forth... Knowing fit - a 50% success rate.

Edgar Allen Poe wrote:

That other game people do it on undock all day with out problems. Hell that other game links fits to killmails.

This.

25 (edited by Chemist 2016-03-20 15:50:09)

Aye Pod wrote:
Edgar Allen Poe wrote:

This.

The key phrase - other games.
For example, you can scan all in Eve. But there u can attack EVERYWHERE.