1 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-03-15 06:27:47)

Topic: Whats next?

So DEVs whats next thing planned for perp? Whens your next Dev Blog?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

2 (edited by Rovoc 2016-03-15 07:02:11)

Re: Whats next?

kick start for development, i got five on it... five on it.  Or willing to buy ice for development >.>

Zoom says March is a busy time, moving house I think, not sure what that means for development. I bet he is the only one trying to get the game going. roll

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Zoom says March is a busy time, moving house I think, not sure what that means for development. I bet he is the only one trying to get the game going. roll

Impossible for one man... roll

We're working on NPCs now (spawning system and touching AI too), will do a blog about it.

6 (edited by Inda 2016-03-16 11:30:11)

Zoom, cant we have something like working log, as what you are working right now. That would be amazing.

So we can see whats is actaully in development?

(I saw something liek that in anotehr sandbox, maybe in Mortal, or Xsyon.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Zoom can we get a black variant for the Riveler, Symbiont, Scarab and Lithus?  We have combat heavies.  Why no Indy love?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zoom, how does npc spawning and AI touchups going to help the game?

Rovoc wrote:

It helps with the PvE content, which seems to be important for a lot of players.

What do you think would help the game that we are able to do in a reasonable timeframe?

JetNexus wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Impossible for one man... roll

I meant in direct contact with the playerbase , this is crucial.

RIP PERPETUUM

11 (edited by Crepitus 2016-03-16 19:31:22)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

It helps with the PvE content, which seems to be important for a lot of players.

What do you think would help the game that we are able to do in a reasonable timeframe?

* Unnerf solo NPC farming, I was making 20+ mil an hour solely in plasma out there + all the dropped mods using 1 combat 1 support and 1 hauler.

* Increase mission reward money 75%+, it's not even 20 mil an hour with max extensions which is sad.

* Add some more black/other color bots to the Syndicate store (people have been begging for a pink and white Ictus for literally years) you could even in addition to making it available for tokens/NIC - which it should be - also make a Credit purchase item that does the same thing to an existing bot (aka just swap the one you have in your inventory for the pink one, could just be another model doesn't necessarily have to actually apply paint).

* Unnerf group missions, especially for combat. Having people in squad but not around and getting their fraction of NIC/relation didn't hurt anything at all I don't understand what that was supposed to fix.

* Unnerf beacons, not saying make them how they were in the beacon pit, just worth doing, because right now they're not. Don't believe me? Check the market.

More work and not all PvE:

* Gladiator arena with betting - AC takes a cut of the NIC (money sink + gambling that is skill/fitting/luck based instead of RNG based). Modified mission area with set radius awards whoever is left standing gets the reward money (some percent of the total better) and are only flagged to other people who are inside the arena. Anyone who flags outside the arena cannot damage anyone inside. Crossing the border from inside to outside deflags the contender and they lose the bet (leave the ring). Could even raise terraformed walls around the area once it starts or impenetrable versions of gates or whatever. This is off the top of my head. Everyone who has seen or participated in the sponsored arena fights remembers them fondly and wishes there were more of them.

This could also be modified to allow people to bet on people in a given fit fighting a set of specified NPCs or NPC waves.

* Racing - now that there are highways seems simple to make a mission someone can accept that starts at a certain time and requires them to be with in x meters of a given location (aka starting line). Make the race a segment whoever crosses the finish line wins. Have PvP flagged and unflagged versions (aka Road Warrior or regular racing).

* Bounties - again, AC takes a cut of the reward money (make tax extension affect the outcome), can essentially be made by modifying a mission template probably pretty easily, someone buys the bounty it effectively assigns a standing mission to the target in a separate queue so it doesn't interfere with that persons mission running ability, and then whoever kills them completes the mission and gets the NIC UNLESS the target pays say 125% of the Nic bounty to clear it (and that cleared NIC goes to AC - again another sink that's fun).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

12 (edited by Annihilator 2016-03-16 21:16:48)

DEV Zoom wrote:

We're working on NPCs now (spawning system and touching AI too), will do a blog about it.

yay, progress!

Crepitus wrote:

* Unnerf solo NPC farming, I was making 20+ mil an hour solely in plasma out there + all the dropped mods using 1 combat 1 support and 1 hauler.

your definition of "Solo" sounds pretty schizophrenic

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

yay, progress!

Crepitus wrote:

your definition of "Solo" sounds pretty schizophrenic

All my accounts me multi-boxing - it's completely impossible with just one account.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

You make 75m an hour doing missions. Solo. Thats actually solo and not with three accounts either. Whats to unnerf.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

You make 75m an hour doing missions. Solo. Thats actually solo and not with three accounts either. Whats to unnerf.

What missions pay that much and with what extensions? Because I know for a fact it's not transport or combat.

Population graphs

16 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2016-03-16 22:40:46)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

Well, just my two bit, working on Syndicate robots and Syndicate supply drops along the line would be nice, ideally if you guys could work on them and get them both done and released them together at the time of the steam summer sale, it could do a positive number for the population, and beta island usage/PvP activity. Its two birds with one stone!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

tech 5

Cosmetic microtransactions

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

cash alternatives for t4+ and black bots alongside a free game

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:

What missions pay that much and with what extensions? Because I know for a fact it's not transport or combat.

who the hell, except for botters, do transport missions?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

21 (edited by Crepitus 2016-03-17 01:33:33)

Annihilator wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:

Lazy people who want to watch a movie and not pay that much attention cause it's *** boring but easy money? Maybe if you played the game instead of trying and failing at forum PvP you'd know something.

Jita is sitting in genchat right now bragging about making *** tons money on Hokk because it's best for harvesting missions and how they all have blackbots etc. The only reason harvesting is better than the rest is because they're faster to do. It's pretty *** sad that harvesting pays better than combat on *** Beta. Mission design fail.

Population graphs

well, i'm doing the boring but more efficient paying missions when i play.
that was like 3 Million NIC every 5 minutes or so...

Crepitus wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

Lazy people who want to watch a movie and not pay that much attention cause it's *** boring but easy money? Maybe if you played the game instead of trying and failing at forum PvP you'd know something.

Jita is sitting in genchat right now bragging about making *** tons money on Hokk because it's best for harvesting missions and how they all have blackbots etc. The only reason harvesting is better than the rest is because they're faster to do. It's pretty *** sad that harvesting pays better than combat on *** Beta. Mission design fail.

Combat missions are about the same money but less tokens. Zoom said that the intention was 60 - 70m an hour on beta so it's about right. Combat exploration are about the same, exploration the same, you can make more money with alts doing other missions but I can't be assed with that.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

before i start im gonna assume you mean npc spawning other than missions.  1st off id fix beacons because if you've spent any time playing your own game you'd realize they're a complete and utter waste of time.  2nd i'd fix mission payout, you're literally grinding people into not wanting to play.  We all got while the getting was good.  Doing missions now i want to poke my eyes out and go play another game.  Realize the market is not healthy enough to charge the prices you want.

I agree with Rovoc - you need to revise your average payour to 150m an hour and make squad missions worthwhile doing 200m an hour per person.

Also the beacons, god knows how you will fix that but right now they are totally useless.