Topic: Instability and Syndicate Protection

Players in 3rd world country and the land down under need not be penalized for wanting to pvp.  The Syndicate Protection and Instability should start as soon as you load on terrain.  I don't care even if the protection timer is naturally 5 to 10 seconds less then the instability timer.  But players shouldn't be penalized  by their ISP.  I've been seeing studdering and jittering back and forth. and the "Lag" has been ranging normally from 125 to 900.  And its happening throughout the game world.  New players in general chat are asking what is up with the lag?  Point is, players shouldn't be getting ghanked out of a terminal before they even load on terrain.  They should atleast have a chance to raise a shield, put on a hardener or jump through a teleport and atleast have a minute or two to do something.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Instability and Syndicate Protection

Ville wrote:

Players in 3rd world country and the land down under need not be penalized for wanting to pvp.  The Syndicate Protection and Instability should start as soon as you load on terrain.  I don't care even if the protection timer is naturally 5 to 10 seconds less then the instability timer.  But players shouldn't be penalized  by their ISP.  I've been seeing studdering and jittering back and forth. and the "Lag" has been ranging normally from 125 to 900.  And its happening throughout the game world.  New players in general chat are asking what is up with the lag?  Point is, players shouldn't be getting ghanked out of a terminal before they even load on terrain.  They should atleast have a chance to raise a shield, put on a hardener or jump through a teleport and atleast have a minute or two to do something.

He was moving around when he was getting shot. He did get a terrible timer but that is the risk of undocking unscouted on a beta isalnd. Zero risk undocks on a beta should not happen.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Yeah so give it a 5 to 10 second delay but even I'm catching undocking problems where my instability just starts and I got a quarter left on stability.

4 (edited by Jita 2016-03-13 05:05:36)

Ville wrote:

Yeah so give it a 5 to 10 second delay but even I'm catching undocking problems where my instability just starts and I got a quarter left on stability.

Yeah but you are missing the point. He died because he undocked to a mk2 heavy and mk2 assault in a mk1 assault. Even then it was close, if it took another volly he could have docked. He should have died in that situation and any change would have given him a safety the situation didn't warrant.

We have talked a lot about the risk of people camping stations that are open, the current mechanics make it possible to kill the unprepared but even now you can fit a mk1 mech to be vertically indestructible. If anything we need to extend the vulnerability, not reduce it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

undocking shouldn't be instant death regardless.  It shouldn't be a free pass but 25 seconds, regardless who you are your going to die.  Unless you got specifically to undock.

Changed your country on 2 or 1 level, Ville.

I agree with Ville.

+1

I used to have bad laptop so that meant, the loading time was low. There is not a point to lose bots like that way.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

8 (edited by Goffer 2016-03-13 10:00:50)

I think it is meant to loose a bot when undocking with tzoo few HP in front of a heavy MK2. But Ville has right, the timer has to be independent of loading time.
And if it is only one volley between dock and survive, it will be hard to argue, that he was meant to die in any case.

When connection is good you have ~10-15 sec between end of syndicate protection and molecular stability, when connection is bad (or there is high server load as I experienced myself) or your system is slow, the worst thing that can happen, is that you are dead before molecular stability starts running. And I have very often a spread between protection and stability that varies from 25% of stability without protection to 80% stability without protection.

re-ocuring topic.
its like beating a dead horse.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

re-ocuring topic.
its like beating a dead horse.

A delicacy in certain parts of the world?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Care to revisit this topic?