1 (edited by Inda 2016-03-09 18:21:34)

Topic: Artifactsing at Gamma

If we do artifacts in an island what has enemy buidlings is nearly impossible to artifactsing.
Because you will be stuck in a position every artifacts you get is under the enemy base.

Can they respawn in 24 hour or something?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Artifactsing at Gamma

on alpha, artifacts do not spawn where no heavy mech can reach them

can we expand that to them not spawn where we cannot reach them at all?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

on alpha, artifacts do not spawn where no heavy mech can reach them

can we expand that to them not spawn where we cannot reach them at all?

Physically yes. If because you want to arty scan on a gamma where enemy has a base then no.

I would like them to never spawn at places that cannot be reached at all as I have an artefact on a small island that could only be reached if anomaly would spawn on that island.

But it would be easy abused, if terrain that coud not be reached without teraforming or attacking of enemy base would have no artefact.

Any kind of special charge that costs high nic and can pop but not make collectible artifacts far away?

Rolafen Azec wrote:

Any kind of special charge that costs high nic and can pop but not make collectible artifacts far away?

The 100 charge? Not sure what you asking exactly.

Rolafen Azec wrote:

Aye Pod wrote:
Rolafen Azec wrote:

He means that you use a charge which "activates" an artifact that's way out of range (example 2000m away) which you can't reach for example because a hostile base is on top. This way you wouldn't get the loot, but a new artifact would spawn, if I got that correctly Rolafen?

Not too bad of an idea, actually, as long as it is limited and you can't just pop them until you got your desired artifact sites

Khetar wrote:

He means that you use a charge which "activates" an artifact that's way out of range (example 2000m away) which you can't reach for example because a hostile base is on top. This way you wouldn't get the loot, but a new artifact would spawn, if I got that correctly Rolafen?

Yes that is what I mean, but it is a technical solution to counteract a downside on how it curretnly works. There is no good connect on how it is supposed to work in the game world. You can scour it empty and sudddenly there are 10 artifacts more? I know that if it would be done how arkelogy really works it would be really playable (first everythign is generated and then the arkelogists slowly consume the heap). But like if you tracked down one particular artifact and decided that even if you know where it is it is not possible/economical to extract it (like with oil fields which are too small to pick up) you would like tune your scanner to look for some other kind of signature, wouldn't you? You could also have like tectonic plates movements or something that rerolls all your artifacts. But again the fit is not super in that because artifacts are private the reroll would be private too which would not really make sense. But I guess it would be an acceptable break from reality

still valid

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The artifacts could simply reset every few days, so we would avoid both getting stuck with all of them in hostile base and people simply deleting ones they dont care about.

As it stands now, artifacts never reset unless the Devs specifically want them to. The do not reset upon server reset/restart or update.

SunnyJester wrote:

As it stands now, artifacts never reset unless the Devs specifically want them to. The do not reset upon server reset/restart or update.

Yes this is why a problem.

Energy to Earth!

There is just too much potential for abuse for a charge like that. I could just use that charge to get rid of all my lvl 2 sites and only go after the level 3's.

I think going on for only artifacts with a certain level/name should be a viable strategy. You can kinda already do this by just not collecting the loot that drops if the drop is bad (saving U and logistic time by not carrying trash around).

The charges could have cool down and could still neeed to be targeted. That is if you can't get close to that one that you want to pop you just have to spend several to hit it by accident (because you know the place only approximately).

What about Every 3 day, your artifacts locations is change.

Energy to Earth!

back in the early days of artifacting, there was an outcry about how artifact locations didn't survive a server reset.

a very small number of agents voiced their anger about it, because they used the featuer of spawning angry observers ontop of other player. (mostly for griefing)

that was the one, and really the only one valid reason why artifacts should not refresh ever.

now, years later, not even that one bad reason exists anymore.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

We do enjoy visiting old ground on this forum lately.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … structure/

Pretty much covers it.

Annihilator wrote:

back in the early days of artifacting, there was an outcry about how artifact locations didn't survive a server reset.

a very small number of agents voiced their anger about it, because they used the featuer of spawning angry observers ontop of other player. (mostly for griefing)

that was the one, and really the only one valid reason why artifacts should not refresh ever.

now, years later, not even that one bad reason exists anymore.

Yes. More content that was removed from the game for no good reason. A lot of these things that I think the DEVs think are smoothing rough edges are actually removing character (originality and interesting quirks) and therefore content from the game. Griefing or not it gave spice to the game that it still sorely needs.

I found out the hard way after babysitting a friendly Active Hack SAP last week for an hour that it no longer drops loot at the end. *** like that just continues the general trend of *** over solo players and small corps which has been ongoing for half a decade now.

Why even focus on things like that instead of new content like missions on Beta 2? There's this endless cycle of changing mechanics in a so-called "persistent world", much of which is unneeded.

I would love to see the removal of probes (back to the original design), the islands restored to their original layout, and station mechanics back to the old way which dangled a carrot for the enterprising loot scoopers and blood thirsty *** alike (and FFS put *ALL* the intrusions in the log).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Did you just complain about content removal and then ask for three changes to be reverted the next sentence?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Id be happy with trial accts again.

I thought the point of gamma was to artifact? Fix this immediately zoom! Oh wait, they just aren't killing the terminals are they? Nvm, please continue to collect the tears in silence lol