Topic: Time for 6 new Gamma Island?

Time for 6 new Gamma Island?

What do you think guys?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Time for 6 new Gamma Island?

I would love for the rest of the gamma islands to be brought back.

Inda wrote:

Time for 6 new Gamma Island?

What do you think guys?

yes,
NSE needs more bases

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Do we really need 6 more of them?

Currently gamma bases are more like very expensive, huge tomagochi - you have to spend lots of resources and time moslty just to be able to feed a reactor.

Maybe implementing T5 or that energy gathering stuff first?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Well, the rest of Islands are used, at least have terminals on them.

But I just wanted to ask you guys what you think.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Gamma is pointless currently. No epriton, no missions, colixium has no use (and T5 won't change that).

If anyone gave a damn about gamma they would clear come of the debris out there and settle it.

I'd rather have another six Beta islands than Gamma.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

7 (edited by Inda 2016-03-06 21:38:13)

Ask, NSE and PHM what pointless Gamma is atm.

I think Gamma is really valuable now, beacsue of no sparks.

Energy to Earth!

partially agree with jita
AC can't provide the open sandbox gameplay, so they should concentrate on the themed stuff first.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

We use gamma for a staging point and production.  I like it, feels homey. +1 to 6 more islands.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Emperth and Solarfield are essentially one island because of the teleport connection choke pointing on norhoop. Or atleast people can play politics as if they were one.

11 (edited by Goffer 2016-03-07 08:00:53)

Fist question for what purpose do we need more  gamma islands?
For player not related to a corp beeing able to dig for artifacts? Or is there someone out who is not able to build a gamma base, while he would like to? I have some objections if the first would be the case and really doubt the second.

I think Rolafen brings the most important point into play.

The question is not as much, if we need 6 more islands as more how to connect additional islands.
Bad connected 24 more islands would vanish, while good connected 3 more islands would give more than enough playground.

Goffer wrote:

Fist question ...

fuuu

Jita wrote:

Gamma is pointless currently. No epriton, no missions, colixium has no use (and T5 won't change that).

If anyone gave a damn about gamma they would clear come of the debris out there and settle it.

I'd rather have another six Beta islands than Gamma.

As a casual PVE player, not in a PVP corp I would love to see a ring of Beta islands between the current Alpha 2 and the current Beta ones.

Maybe then the hardcore crowd would not mind having someone go there to try to get some epritron or look for an artificat for a MK2 bot.  Maybe then there would exist the possibility of casual 1 vs 1 PVP without having a PVP player owned outpost 2k away from the gates.  Who in their right minds fights against a player in a group that shows 50 or more players in their corp, not saying they are active but you get my point right??
For the EVE crowd it would be like adding low sec space into the game.  Right now we have full high sec then 0.0 space immediately.

The extra space would probably not give such a "soft pvp" effect.

In a way alpha is safer than highsec as you can't have suicide ganking.

Actually from a theotehical standpoint its very cost effective to operate on the beta side of things and lose bots than slow grind in alpha. But peoples behaviour doesn't follow well on expected NIC optimization.

there migth be room for a "limited engagement" PvP mechanic to make dabling inot PvP easier. Previous suggestions of it are limiting bot classes able to enter islands. Eve has it by having proper lag before the "wtf pwn" law enforcers arrive. Having a good design for it is not a trivial matter.

more space doesn't matter if you have to move through a single teleporter between your safe-zone and the hot zone,
beeing observed by an indestructible and un-avoidable bot (as in script controlled agent) at the safe side.

ad-hoc PVP is something that is nearly impossible in Perp, due to several factors that i am tired of writing down again

I don't think people realise how bugged gamma is at the moment. Gamma is pointless, given that a nearly max skilled indy char only has to mine for mats a little longer than normal to build on Alpha instead of gamma. We do 99.9% of our building on Alpha and we do just fine, and yes we do have access to a hi-tech factory on gamma.

Also given the amount of EP that can flow with the current system to enable that indy guy to get those skills up... Well, you do the math. People won't live on gamma as a general rule. Sure you'll get the odd corp that does, but once they get burned once or twice they will change their way of thinking.

I'm tending to agree with Jita on this one, and say scrap the gamma's altogether and put more beta's in place. Speaking of beta's what's happened to the beta 2 revamp ?  I'd rather see that before more time is wasted on gammas. I mean really..

Excellent, a chance to bang my very worn out "more land" drum.

Please can we have:

• 3 new alpha 3s with 3 NPC terminals and areas without syndicate protection

• 6 new betas, 4 with 2 NPC terminals only and 2 with at least 2 player owned outposts

• 0 new gammas until current issues are addressed

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Excellent, a chance to bang my very worn out "more land" drum.

Please can we have:

• 3 new alpha 3s with 3 NPC terminals and areas without syndicate protection

• 6 new betas, 4 with 2 NPC terminals only and 2 with at least 2 player owned outposts

• 0 new gammas until current issues are addressed

important question:
what can i do on those new islands that i cannot do on any other, same "tier" island?

i mean. all missions are always everywhere availiable,
NPC spawns are same everywhere now, and shall be gone soon (tm)
mineral spawns are same everywhere,
crafting is the same everywhere.

basicly, the only reasons to be on any of the three alpha 2's atm are the factional differences.

AFAIK there is not even a real reason for a veteran to do anything on alpha1 islands.

so,
what do you expect from more dead space?

Annihilator wrote:

With the exception of beta 2's. There are no missions or field terminals on beta 2, that's why I asked about the beta 2 revamp.

Annihilator wrote:

important question:
what can i do on those new islands that i cannot do on any other, same "tier" island?

NPC spawns are same everywhere now, and shall be gone soon (tm)
mineral spawns are same everywhere,
crafting is the same everywhere.

basicly, the only reasons to be on any of the three alpha 2's atm are the factional differences.

AFAIK there is not even a real reason for a veteran to do anything on alpha1 islands.

so,
what do you expect from more dead space?

I expect real differences. Both myself and others have bemoaned the small world of  islands homogeneous in many aspects.

post 1 by me some years ago.
post 2 longish but worth reading by Syndic where he touches on this aspect very well, I think
post 3 more recent by you Anni, where you seem to agree.

There needn't be any dead space of there is enough variety.

This will never happen, and if it would happen it would take way too long for it to get implemented. Remember the time the mission/teleport rework was announced? Took way longer than zoom said it would.

PhistMage wrote:

This will never happen, and if it would happen it would take way too long for it to get implemented. Remember the time the mission/teleport rework was announced? Took way longer than zoom said it would.

according zoom the mission revamp would be mostly automatically, with DEV input only required to manually check all generated mission locations, and then they could work on more mission templates and chains.

a year later, not even all islands are seeded with missions.