Topic: Beta station ownership

I've tried to come up with a compromise on all of the suggestions seen on Beta station ownership.

Station locking requires 90 stability.

A corp can only use 100 stability points at any one time. This should limit you to owning and locking one station but allow you to switch stations. It also allows you to own a couple without locking.

To lock an outpost you need to pay 10k tokens a month (and 90 stability). This also allows you to block one intrusion time per successful intrusion.

To own an outpost your corp must have three accounts - not characters. That's three accounts with all three characters  on that account either in that corp or freelancer / noob corp

An outpost at 100 (doesn't need to be locked) can impose a tax on the surrounding field terminals

This makes locking outposts difficult to maintain unless you actively live there. It puts the onus of alarm clock ops on the attacker rather than the defender for the first operation - if they are successful and drop the station 10 or more points the owner can no longer dictate sap times. The corp based stability points makes owning stations mean something - you can't just go lock someone out of a station because you hate their face without moving to that station yourself. Alt corps will exist but it's harder and doing it over all of beta will be a real pain in the ***.

What do you all think?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Beta station ownership

80 stab needs, some stations have speci sap, need 2 successful intrusions to open station.
Tax is good idea!
More stations - more work!

account number is arbitrary and is easily circumvented by puring money into the game.

I like idea with tax on field terminals smile I propose also to include tax in current terminal.

5 (edited by Line 2016-03-05 18:14:58)

UPD: nvm. This part:

To lock an outpost you need to pay 10k tokens a month (and 90 stability). This also allows you to block one intrusion time per successful intrusion.

Clarify it more

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Clarify it more

So on intrusion 1.0 you could see the times of saps and every time you successfully defended one you got a token. This allowed you to pick a sap time and block it which gave you some ability to control timezones. I'm proposing we bring that back - if you take a sap then you have the ability to prevent a sap time of your choice. This of course means that sap times would need to be available to station owners without scanning.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Rolafen Azec wrote:

account number is arbitrary and is easily circumvented by puring money into the game.

I know, theres no good solution to alt corps really but thats a lot of accounts you would need to control a decent amount of the game

Jita wrote:
Line wrote:

Clarify it more

So on intrusion 1.0 you could see the times of saps and every time you successfully defended one you got a token. This allowed you to pick a sap time and block it which gave you some ability to control timezones. I'm proposing we bring that back - if you take a sap then you have the ability to prevent a sap time of your choice. This of course means that sap times would need to be available to station owners without scanning.

nope, that system was ***.
im sure line meant tokens you have to get by doing missions.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Line wrote:

Clarify it more

nope, that system was ***.
im sure line meant tokens you have to get by doing missions.

Not the whole intrusion 1.0 system, just the blocking of specific sap times.

Jita wrote:

the whole issue with beta outposts this whole time, that was never touched with any itteration of the system,
was that your "ownership" was defined by beeing at a certain location at a certain time.

in other words, ownership was, and still is, disconnected from actually beein there in that outpost. a whole bunch of mechanics have been added with the intention to give "smaller corps" a chance to not get kicked out and overrun in a single event outside their timezone - yet exactly those mechanics do exactly the oppositte, since it helps corps that have multiple outposts and a god timezone coverage to deny access to a majority of the server population from ever getting one.

the only solution is to disconnect the events to destabilize ownership from events that increase ownership.
And the only way within the reach of the current 3-man-DEV team, is the use of the mission system.

SAP to destabilize, Missions to gain stability.

remember, initially, you don't really OWN the stations, you just rent them from the syndicate factions.

SAPs would be events true to their name, showing up as missions for the owner to do the service, while the attacker will sabotage it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:

the whole issue with beta outposts this whole time, that was never touched with any itteration of the system,
was that your "ownership" was defined by beeing at a certain location at a certain time.

in other words, ownership was, and still is, disconnected from actually beein there in that outpost. a whole bunch of mechanics have been added with the intention to give "smaller corps" a chance to not get kicked out and overrun in a single event outside their timezone - yet exactly those mechanics do exactly the oppositte, since it helps corps that have multiple outposts and a god timezone coverage to deny access to a majority of the server population from ever getting one.

the only solution is to disconnect the events to destabilize ownership from events that increase ownership.
And the only way within the reach of the current 3-man-DEV team, is the use of the mission system.

SAP to destabilize, Missions to gain stability.

remember, initially, you don't really OWN the stations, you just rent them from the syndicate factions.

SAPs would be events true to their name, showing up as missions for the owner to do the service, while the attacker will sabotage it.

I always wanted something along these lines. Players always complained of 'grind fest'.

RIP PERPETUUM

Leave alone sap...

This change will take at least 1-2 weeks. This means that other innovations will come later.
You can not imagine the amount of work. Do you think "only need to change the numbers and you're done".

ShowBlink wrote:

80 stab needs, some stations have speci sap, need 2 successful intrusions to open station.
Tax is good idea!
More stations - more work!

Oh sure, now 80 stability is ok.

Interesting enough to try at least. Or as a base for something more.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086