Topic: The ultimate solution to fix power projection, open stations, and zerg

1 Corporation is only allowed to own 1 Beta Station.

There is multiple examples of in this games history where corporations have owned multiple islands to block users from access.  Jita's biggest pain in the *** forum campaign is Open stations on Beta.  Well this can do this. 

First, by only allowing corporations the ability to own 1 station, you centralize corporations.  Making them actually do what SAP 2.0 was meant to do.  Promote active players participating on 1 island at one station. 

Second, it makes the station Open!  Attacking beta owners will only be allowed to take a station to contested!  Meaning, you can't lock players out of content!  You can't lock them period.

*-The Work Around -*  Alt corporations, you can have alt corporations that can take stations, but alt corporations only have a few "alts" in there meaning, those specific people have to be online 24/7 days a week to hit saps.  Which can get labor intensive and be taxing to those people making it un attractive.

Third, this can put alliance on 1 island instead of spanning the entire server.  Look at whats currently going on:

NSE owns 4 Stations(two different islands), and only use 1.
Ethos owns 3 Stations, and bounce between two on the same island(1 island is a place holder)
DOY owns 2 stations and only use 1.

Fourthly,  The stations at 0 will be encouraged for people to actually use the islands and they be open.  And if a corporation wants to take a different station on a different island then they have to give up their first station.

Fifthly(I don't know that's a word), You can finally see global trading, instead of: well guys let's just move over to this island this week to do stuff.  And it helps keep Zerg alliances from over running everyone in sight on Beta.

This Is pure win win for the community to promote growth and organic play styles instead of mass form ups and server side alliances.

P.S.  Stabilities need to be raised to 200 with this, as a reminder for corporations to really commit to moving out.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Chemist 2016-03-04 05:27:44)

Re: The ultimate solution to fix power projection, open stations, and zerg

Somewhere I've heard... I think you were against it. lol

Remembered! You were against it, when you have captured the entire server.. smile Now the situation is different and you have decided to change your opinion 180 degrees. And I do know what it's called. smile

Willie, where your horde? Just come and take away the island.

Let me remind you:

We have more 100 top-skilled fighters, ready at any moment to pick up the server. (c) POE
We have 63 people in TS. (c) POE

Also: "they play in other games" Conclusion:. Find yourself friends and that's enough whining.

By the way... I think you have enough strength to pick up the South Isetsu and Laosura. You can, but do not want. Therefore, it is not necessary to change the rules of the game as you want(!).

Besides. We gave you Novastrov. You would not want to pick it up. You need all at once.

Oh the same propaganda. You cant take stations therefore every suggestion to improve the game is a conspiracy to help our side win.

Stop thinking you can dictate where anyone lives in-game and stop trying to stifle feedback from the community with in-game politics.

(c) Aye Pod

Aye Pod wrote:

Oh the same propaganda. You cant take stations therefore every suggestion to improve the game is a conspiracy to help our side win.

Stop thinking you can dictate where anyone lives in-game and stop trying to stifle feedback from the community with in-game politics.

(c) Aye Pod

Our in-game policies significantly better than yours - we do not breathe players. And the current game mechanics is quite good. You do not need to change anything. It is better to change your ambitions.

Firstly and most importantly it won't work. If ypu are the kind of person who doesn't care about anyone but yourself and wants to lock off all of Beta then you are the kind of person who will make altcorps.

Secondly Chemist is absolutely right - your 'suggestions' hold little value because they always serve your agenda and you can see you flip flopping 180 degrees asking for things you have fought against for years because where once you perceived it to hurt, now it helps.  How is the community (and I hope the devs) ever able to take your feedback seriously?

Lastly Chemist is also right in saying the current game is balanced. There are three islands in game nobody is defending and you could take one easily if you wanted, you choose not to plant a flag out of fear of losing is but more importantly a complete disregard for participating in this sandbox with others. You would rather hide logged off on your mains with a Alt in a masked detector than participate in meaningful fights and industry.

The ONLY reason this balance exists however is the months and years of effort people have made to create it. This won't last forever and we still need a mechanics change to provide some open Betas for it to continue.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

As predicted. You hated when we did it to you and then you cried that we were breaking the game. Now that you get a taste of our success in our absence suddenly you try to turn into us.

You can say your prayers all you want in hopes we will go where you arent. This island is free, that station is, we are giving you this and that.....

I bet you all sit with your legs crossed cause your nuts are tucked back in your ***.

Chemist wrote:

Our in-game policies significantly better than yours - we do not breathe players. And the current game mechanics is quite good. You do not need to change anything. It is better to change your ambitions.

I laughed out loud when I read this. Literally.

We shall see when you empty Russian comms to come dispute yet another suggestion on the forums when it hurts your meta. Hurry comrades. -1 and bury it with bullshit before its too late.

Let allow corporation have only one hm undocked?

Aye Pod wrote:

As predicted. You hated when we did it to you and then you cried that we were breaking the game. Now that you get a taste of our success in our absence suddenly you try to turn into us.

You can say your prayers all you want in hopes we will go where you arent. This island is free, that station is, we are giving you this and that.....

I bet you all sit with your legs crossed cause your nuts are tucked back in your ***.

If you are cool - come play with us. It is not we take your place - it's you ours. We do not seek to dominate the world. We do not have any gamma base. You were on each island. We liked the blue island - we took them. They are not your personal. Mobilize your horde and let us fight.

Chemist wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

If you are cool - come play with us. It is not we take your place - it's you ours. We do not seek to dominate the world. We do not have any gamma base. You were on each island. We liked the blue island - we took them. They are not your personal. Mobilize your horde and let us fight.

We have been fighting you. Look at last months KB and get back to me. It we wanted any other islands we would have assaulted them too.

Aye Pod wrote:

We have been fighting you. Look at last months KB and get back to me. It we wanted any other islands we would have assaulted them too.

I have seen. I saw your fails. The game has a free island. You either capturing them or fight with us or go out of the game. It's simple.

12 (edited by Aye Pod 2016-03-04 11:32:04)

Chemist wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:

I have seen. I saw your fails. The game has a free island. You either capturing them or fight with us or go out of the game. It's simple.

Only you would say 8 out of 10 Top Agents and 4 out of 5 Top Corporations = Fail (c) Chemist. You make me laugh though.

Aye Pod wrote:

Only you would say 8 out of 10 Top Agents and 4 out of 5 Top Corporations = Fail (c) Chemist. You make me laugh though.

Oh. That is, you have eggs, you are on top killboard, but can not capture the island? Fail...

Thats because we dont want to capture the island. Your thinking is fail. Whatever keeps you logging in and losing bots. We enjoy undocking and finding pvp while playing other games. And guess what, still top of the KB.

Aye Pod wrote:

Thats because we dont want to capture the island. Your thinking is fail. Whatever keeps you logging in and losing bots. We enjoy undocking and finding pvp while playing other games. And guess what, still top of the KB.

If you are not interested in the island... why change the mechanics of the game? Again...
We are always in the game. Come and get pvp.

I think this topic can be closed. In fact, POE has no interest in the game.

Chemists posts in this tread can be closed as he doesnt contribute anything other than political drama. We make suggestions for the betterment of the game. Not our game. Too much Putin controlling your news. Not everything is conspiracy and propaganda. big_smile

Aye Pod wrote:

Chemists posts in this tread can be closed as he doesnt contribute anything other than political drama. We make suggestions for the betterment of the game. Not our game. Too much Putin controlling your news. Not everything is conspiracy and propaganda. big_smile

I think the two of us you are politicized. And zombified too. You repeatedly talking about politics. Now - Putin, news... I think you're sick.

As for the "improvements" - there is no reason to change the game now. Developers need to move on. For 3 years there is no significant updates - they are solid rebalance and change mechanics.

Ville: you have done a kind of 180 here but I like, good compromise.

RIP PERPETUUM

Make it so minimum of 50 or 100 member corporations only can own an outpost.

Quelaag wrote:

Let allow corporation have only one hm undocked?

This is another great suggestion!  This would also work.

21 (edited by Ville 2016-03-04 18:32:01)

Celebro wrote:

I was wrong!  I admit it!  I only carried for my own personal self interests.  But as I see on the back end, the mechanic really does limit people.  I really like the suggestion to only lock one outpost!  Trust me I'm all about outpost locking your home base.

@Alt corporations. The goal is to make it harder and tedious to do this.  If the same two people have alts in this alt corporation they constantly have to show up.  They have to make alts skilled enough to run assault bot and sequer.  I think it's a logistical pain in the ***.

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I was wrong!  I admit it!  I only carried for my own personal self interests.  But as I see on the back end, the mechanic really does limit people.  I really like the suggestion to only lock one outpost!  Trust me I'm all about outpost locking your home base.

@Alt corporations. The goal is to make it harder and tedious to do this.  If the same two people have alts in this alt corporation they constantly have to show up.  They have to make alts skilled enough to run assault bot and sequer.  I think it's a logistical pain in the ***.

It can work. Alt corps would be to tedious.

RIP PERPETUUM

Wait, what?

Let me bring it all together.

In the last month you guys

were suffered because we were grinding you out of the game

Ville wrote:

It's only destructive because they are trying to grind us out of the game.  They are the ones driving a two sided war.  Behind some banner to drive out certain people.

Despite of that, you were still living on blue islands killing probes entertaining fights

Ville wrote:

We live on blues and that's where we are going to stay.  We are going to continue the current way of things and if all of you have to band together collectively and alarm clock every sap then that's what your going to do.  As for me and my friends we are going to have fun, kill probes and pick the fights we want to fight.  And hit the saps we want to hit.  Regardless if the entire server is blue around us.  Because YOU choose not to have a multifactional game.

However, you wanted to get blue outposts, but failed with politics

Ville wrote:

I reached out to your self proclaimed alliance leader.  My understanding of an alliance involves CEOs can talk to other CEOs in their Alliance.  I reached out to Inda at least 4 different times.  Before we decided to turn up the heat.  Regardless I'm open for talks.

Didn't worked much, so you've started to threaten us

Ville wrote:

Here's my terms.  You and ALL your allies move to norhoop and alsbale.  And we will leave your green saps alone.  If not we will continue doing what we do.  Or you can enjoy forming up the server for every SAP.  Doesn't matter to us.

When noone agreed to fulfill your demands you're pronounced some kind of armageddon or whatever...Anyways, you woke up the dragon

Aye Pod wrote:

Fast forward to today. The dragon has awakened. Now the peasants want to negotiate, advocating that diplomacy works. Now those changes suggested to sap warfare arent so bad. Now PoE can have Nova they say. Save your tears ***. We are coming.

But SUDDENLY

So finally you've admitted that

Ville wrote:

DOY took Dom.  You collectively decided to ally up and push a two sided war.  I think your pointing the finger at the wrong individuals.

But HOW? According to you,

Ville wrote:

Sounds like you don't want to work for outposts on beta anymore.

Ville wrote:

@Russians.

You guys need weedy to translate?  I applauded his efforts in putting forth an attempt at English but sadly I don't understand.  And I'm having difficulty figuring out where we are being punished on the thread....?   Line comes to the forums complaining the game is too hard for him.  And he wants 100% safe scouted island with 100% stations where he can farm saps undisturded.  And fight only when he is strongest.  I understand why your in NER now.  Your all Care Bears who don't want to work for anything and want it given to them for free.

and even

Ville wrote:

finally got 2 more people to play so we can finally take on the server again.  It's nice what 8 guys can do.

But nevermind. Now you're all like

Aye Pod wrote:

, despite of

Ville wrote:

No.  The server side alliance took the blue islands.  A few corps banded together and are actively taking them back.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Maybe NER should have split off sooner and created different factions?  But they didn't.  So when certain people saw that out 4 to 6 guys battling the mass hordes of the entire server.  They got interested in playing again.  Probably should have eased up on Novastrov when I reached out diplomatically to Inda.  But like all things if you want a two sided war.  That's fine.  Because we are gearing to take on the entire server.

and

Ville wrote:

We are actively working to take our home islands back.  If you think it's destroying the game maybe you shouldn't play Pvp games?

just a weak or two ago.

tl;dr:

You were working hard to get your homeland back, but you failed to get those pesky DoY out
so you've called for help once more. But that didn't worked tho, so you've ended up blackmailing our allies tying to scare them away. And when they didn't, you've stopped even logging in and now saying that "you didn't want those outposts anyway" (c), but still trying to push us out proposing some strange changes convincing devs it will be good for the game.

Why do you think that devs should solve the problems you was unable to deal wih politics and military?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

That was in another thread completely another mechanics change. Why are you bringing it here?

big_smile

25 (edited by Line 2016-03-04 22:55:24)

So you brought my question from another thread about you bringing things from other threads and still didn't answered it.

Nice.

So why devs should change the game each time you can't win something?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086