26 (edited by Monster 2011-07-11 10:50:24)

Re: Perp-Kill.net - Perpetuum Killboard

Snowman wrote:

Not only that, people have come onto Nova, killed *** and got off alive... if you cant handle the heat go to other islands where I'm sure it would be considerably cooler.

I know that quite well. You got thwomped like 10-1 just last night. Thing is, people with limited time like me cannot expect to infiltrate without being welcomed by atleast 5 people. At which point, it would be nice to be able to evac.

27 (edited by Monster 2011-07-11 10:42:39)

Syndic wrote:

What about other people who spent their precious time to assemble a squad with the right makeup to be PVP-win? They can just go hopping after you through 50 gates until you finally jump into Alpha and go TROLOLOLOLO?  wink

And that would promote pvp unlike what you have now which is the only time people confront you being when they have assembled a formidable squad.

I understand why you have this perspective, though. Benefits you, however imo it's not in the best interest of the server.

Take it to the extreme (which I wouldn't think is unfathomable) for the sake of argument. Let's say your zerg becomes so strong that at one point you have 20 bots stationed right at the Nova teleports. There would be no force that could ever realistically invade your land successfully.

Just doesn't make for good pvp imo.

The source code has been released! Go to the About section.

Monster wrote:
Syndic wrote:

What about other people who spent their precious time to assemble a squad with the right makeup to be PVP-win? They can just go hopping after you through 50 gates until you finally jump into Alpha and go TROLOLOLOLO?  wink

And that would promote pvp unlike what you have now which is the only time people confront you being when they have assembled a formidable squad.

I understand why you have this perspective, though. Benefits you, however imo it's not in the best interest of the server.

Take it to the extreme (which I wouldn't think is unfathomable) for the sake of argument. Let's say your zerg becomes so strong that at one point you have 20 bots stationed right at the Nova teleports. There would be no force that could ever realistically invade your land successfully.

Wait, you mean, 20 of us would have to camp each gate?

I can imagine a lot of people quitting the game, committing suicide, or otherwise never returning to perpetuum.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Monster wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Wait, you mean, 20 of us would have to camp each gate?

I can imagine a lot of people quitting the game, committing suicide, or otherwise never returning to perpetuum.

Would it be all of CIR? pretty please?

Monster wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Just so I understand - You think it's not good pvp if you jump blindly into a beta island and get your *** send home promptly in a box. What's better pvp is if you get some sort of "I'm a solo player with 10min of play time  - phear me - button" ? K...

Also this extreme scenario is just ***. No one would do that. You "forget" that we play this game to have fun also, not to sit at teleport to sing "Da da da, can't touch this..."...srsly.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

32 (edited by Lemon 2011-07-12 02:28:49)

Predator Nova wrote:
Monster wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Just so I understand - You think it's not good pvp if you jump blindly into a beta island and get your *** send home promptly in a box. What's better pvp is if you get some sort of "I'm a solo player with 10min of play time  - phear me - button" ? K...

Also this extreme scenario is just ***. No one would do that. You "forget" that we play this game to have fun also, not to sit at teleport to sing "Da da da, can't touch this..."...srsly.

You obviously missed mine and syndics past week experience.

TBH its was more of this over TS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3N5SDn … page#t=21s

During this: http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=1009

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Id like to see the total damage dealt in the related kills page.  Interesting to see what your total damage done was.  I need at least some boost to epeen when I can't get any kills.

->You just lost The Game<-

Lemon wrote:

You obviously missed mine and syndics past week experience.

TBH its was more of this over TS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3N5SDn … page#t=21s

During this: http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=1009

A bunch of young chars suiciding into your gate camp because they just roamed for 90 minutes without finding a fight counts for excitement in this game?

Yikes.

Another suggestion:  Split the 'related kills' into their respective sides based on who does damage to who during a fight.

I imagine it would be possible to look at the corps each corp member is doing damage to and pair them up with each other on each side.  It would be nice to see who lived and who died on each side without having to look through the list manually.

->You just lost The Game<-

Snowman wrote:
Monster wrote:

Being locked out of using teleports after A) using said teleport and B) being engaged in pvp, both discourage small scale pvp.

What your talking about isnt "small scale pvp"  its solo play, and I'm afraid I just cant agree with rambo-style.  its an MMO.  Solo players never have the stamina to play for very long so I wouldn't want them to change a mechanic based on 'grasshopper' players.

SOLO players are one of the main reason the devs screw up a mmo

fetch.php does not seem to be working properly,

to me its only fetch 1 kill

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Also, Agent detail is not showing any info in the Combat Record table..

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Perp-kill.net is down.  I want it back up so we can see chemist cry about people being too mean.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Perp-kill.net is down.  I want it back up so we can see chemist cry about people being too mean.

Stupid kid...

Ville wrote:

I think that kinda backfired tonight..

Perp-kill does not seem to be currently updating killmails, as such...  http://killboard.sequer.nl/

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Could it be a 'leap year bug' ?

RIP PERPETUUM

44 (edited by Crepitus 2016-03-03 17:08:24)

Celebro wrote:

Could it be a 'leap year bug' ?

It does look that way. sad

I prefer perp-kill's conciseness and not registering to post comments.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

45 (edited by Mitix 2016-03-08 00:14:22)

It's not a leap year bug. Nothing has changed on my side. Either the API changed, or my credentials expired.

Edit: Nevermind. There was a curl/ssl issue. Resolved now.

Thanks Mitix

The Perp Kill is down, anyone knows what happened?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

it's been down since the 1st.

The perp-kill domain expires at the end of the month and I will not be renewing. It's been a good run fellas. So long.

How much would it be to purchase it?