Re: Siege modules

Goffer wrote:
Line wrote:

Masking debuff, as Anni proposed, is fine and solves possible problem.

No it doesn't solve any problem. Up to now, no alliance is strong enough to guard its base 24/7. with 2000m effective range you could easy destroy one turret after the other. 5 HM would need 2min/turret with this setup. This would open every base within an hour.
The more critical thing is, that this setup would mean you do this with semi afk agents, you place on ground, lok target and forget till target is done.

2 Player could do this siege easly with less than 10 accounts.

There never be any alliance to guard anything 24/7.
If not guarded, 2 players with less than 10 accounts can do it with current mechanics.
If not guarded, 5 HM wouild need 2min/turret wth current mechanics
Semi-afk works only if there is noone guarding. But still, if not guarded, any base can be destroyed in semi-afk mode, just need more Grophos.

As I said, turrets can be boosted appropriately, it doesn't really matter. Once again, proposed change is about new way to siege a base, not about easy mode.

I don't like the whole point that the same bot you use to shoot players can be used aganst fortresses - for that there should be siege weaponry, not just wooden poles and stones.

If you think that siege module will be too OP, then boost all the structuers accordingly. I hardly doubt that roaming party of 15 ppl should be able to completely ruin a gamma base. They should bring something special for that, like an artillery, walker, destroyer, or a bot with siege module.

That's the point.

That's the proposed change.

Stop thinking in terms of your hamsters pantries.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

hi im lazy

Gunner wrote:

hi im lazy

That must be why you always use bugs to kill bases and only turn up for fights when you are winning.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Gunner wrote:

hi im lazy

That must be why you always use bugs to kill bases and only turn up for fights when you are winning.

Pretty sure you've seen the Factorio thread. We seriously might have to send a few guys to rehab.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:
Gunner wrote:

hi im lazy

Pretty sure you've seen the Factorio thread. We seriously might have to send a few guys to rehab.

It is so bad.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.