Topic: Siege modules

Developing artillery, walkers or destroyers will take ages, and we need to somehow assault those lil' Gammas. So here is what can be done as a semi-temporaty solution - a Siege Module

First of, all the proposed changes are mosly based on Nexus mechanics with some little addition. Also, it's more or less similar to dreadnoughts siege mode in that, other game.

So, a siege module requires 5k of racial plasma (depends on bot you're piloting now) per cycle. Each cycle lasts for 5 min. Such a module can only be equipped on Heavy Mech (later only on walker/destroyer) and would take head slot (or even some special siege slot). While active, it gives/takes:

• reduces max speed to 0

• increases armor for 25%

• increases all resists for 15%

• increases damage in 5 times

• increases weapon cycle in 10 times

• increases energy usage by weapons in 2 times (more for Gropho)

• increases weapon optimal range in 2 times

• increases hit dispersion / explosion size in 2-3 times to that it's only buildings you're hitting good

• increases lock range in 2 times

• increases lock time in 5 times

• decreases max targets to 3

• reduces signal detection by 10

Also Siege Module:

• requires Colixium to build

• bonuses only affects racial weapons (actually, there can be racial siege modules affecting only racial bots/weapons

• bonuses are applied on actual values, not base ones

• each shot consumes 5 ammo/missile at one time

Please, keep political *** out of this thread.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Siege modules

You have a way to assault Gammas.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The only reason we don't do it it's because it's long and boring as hell so changes would make it more interesting.

I think, it should be engineering equip in leg slot and use own fuel. And for fuel need plasma, and some other resources. Also this fuel must take a lot of volume and will require logistic on battlefield.

Since there has never been a successful frontal assault on a gamma ever why not.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ethos base on Rhoshan was a frontal attack.  Ethos base on Emperth was a frontal attack both successful.  Come to think of it Remedys Krazlov base was a frontal attack.  Keep in mind Gamma bases take time to build.  Building modules, terraforming, and planning.  It SHOULD be long and painful to do.  You should have to invest time and resources to make it happen.  You shouldn't be able to roll up to a gamma base and immediately roll it with all dps.  There should be some investment of the attacker.  I should know we blew through 150 million epriton building t3 structures to beef up Krazlov.  Just for one base...

Proposed mechanic isn't just wtfpwn whatever on sight, as it requires:

- Properly leveled and equipped bot(s)
- Target painter because in siege mode heavies will be as blind as light-ewar
- Guardians because in siege mode heavies are more vulnerable because they can't move
- Plasma / ammo / whatever else it will require

That'd be even more risk for an attacker actualy because siege modules will be quite expensive and heavies in siege mode can't move.

you forgot only able to receive local reps and e-war immune

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Jita wrote:

Since there has never been a successful frontal assault on a gamma ever why not.

Where were you when Peanut took the HUN (island) base.... oh you were on break or something.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

10 (edited by PostulatOFF 2016-02-29 13:12:23)

Correctly will- Siege structure. It weighs 700u +/-. Management have only corporate officers. The special position or just the leaders. This will save us from the fact that everyone will shoot this) Produce terraforming soil. Activate as a beacon (10-20min). We go into it. Shooting and sight do inside. We need fuel and energy. Energy provide support robots. The fuel is put inside. Storable fuel volume depends on the hold of the robot which went shooter. We need the skills to shoot.

Lobo wrote:
Jita wrote:

Where were you when Peanut took the HUN (island) base.... oh you were on break or something.

I was there with you actually. HUN's island was taken through successful terraforming although there were fights - there was never a frontal assault vs the defences, just the smart use of terraformed cover to break in.

Nice tags.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Lobo wrote:
Jita wrote:

I was there with you actually. HUN's island was taken through successful terraforming although there were fights - there was never a frontal assault vs the defences, just the smart use of terraformed cover to break in.

Nice tags.

+1

13 (edited by DEV Zoom 2016-02-29 13:51:53)

Line wrote:

The only reason we don't do it it's because it's long and boring as hell

Isn't that kinda the point though? It takes days or weeks to put up a gamma base, why should you be able to tear it down in 10 minutes?

edit: sorry Ville you wrote kinda the same thing.

honestly i think its a good idea to add that , maybe use system of marker target too . exemple artillery can just lock and fire if before one player mark target.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

Isn't that kinda the point though? It takes days or weeks to put up a gamma base, why should you be able to tear it down in 10 minutes?

A frontal assault vs a decent base has NEVER happened though Zoom. That should tell you something.

16 (edited by Ville 2016-02-29 14:30:57)

It happened to three bases so far in gamma 2.0 and both where successful.  You just don't want to put in the effort needed to do it.

Ville wrote:

It happened to three bases so far in gamma 2.0 and both where successful.  You just don't want to put in the effort needed to do it.

Its not frontal if you use beacons jumps that doesn't exist any more or bombs.

There have been no gun vs gun fights ever.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

Zoom, you went on the attack on the base? What are the 10 minutes? 1 repair robot is able to restore the damage done by 4-5 competitors.

If you expand the zone where you can not change the shape of the land base, capture is not possible.

20 (edited by PostulatOFF 2016-02-29 15:46:30)

At the moment, siege it is the:
1) terraforming
2) terraforming
3) terraforming
4) terraforming
5) attempt to kill the turret
if turret being actively repaired, siege stops.
I put building -masking aura, put 2-3 repairing riv and go to drink tea.

21 (edited by Ville 2016-02-29 16:10:51)

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

Its not frontal if you use beacons jumps that doesn't exist any more or bombs.

There have been no gun vs gun fights ever.

JITA WE DID A FRONTAL ATTACK AGAINST TWO ETHOS BASES, ONE ON EMPERTH AND ONE ON RHOSHAN.  WE DID NOT USE BOMBS OR "BEACON JUMPS(Anomalies for less *** people)"  THERE WERE TWO GUN VERSUS GUN FIGHTS.  BOTH THE ATTACKER WON.  ONE HAD ACTIVE DEFENDERS AND STILL LOST.  Quit making *** up to perpetuate an agenda!  You weren't playing, so you don't know.

PostulatOFF wrote:

At the moment, siege it is the:
1) terraforming
2) terraforming
3) terraforming
4) terraforming
5) attempt to kill the turret
if turret being actively repaired, siege stops.
I put building -masking aura, put 2-3 repairing riv and go to drink tea.

Inaccurate.  Please test mechanics before commenting how to actually do something.

PostulatOFF wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

Zoom, you went on the attack on the base? What are the 10 minutes? 1 repair robot is able to restore the damage done by 4-5 competitors.

Also inaccurate.

Your as bad as aye pod / perpetuum with your partisan smoke and lies. A well designed base cannot be hit head on

Jita wrote:

Your as bad as aye pod / perpetuum with your partisan smoke and lies. A well designed base cannot be hit head on

And this right here is proof you have NO IDEA what your talking about.