Topic: Multifactionalism ftw!

So to give you a brief update on the political situation Zoom - I know you don’t follow (because you want to retain your sanity) – we now have

The Beta 1’s:
Hokkogoras – NSE / Joke (separate entities who combat each other)
Norhoop – Unity
Domhalarn – NER

The Beta 2’s:
Kent – Owned by NSE but empty
Alsbale – Owned by NSE but empty
Nova – Soon to be PofE

We are (finally) at the point where the game is fractured enough so people are starting to spill out in to the Beta 2’s.

My request would be to get missions locations up on the Beta 2’s. I know this takes a lot of time but even if it’s just a couple of terminals or just from the stations it would make these islands a more viable place to live. Just a couple of mission terminals or missions from inside the stations would give people a reason to be there until you have time to finish it properly. You have other priorities right now which is up to you of course but it would be nice for potential beta 2 residents to have just a couple added.

Love you long time.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Inda 2016-02-22 12:32:54)

Re: Multifactionalism ftw!

+1

Little correction:

Alsbale - NER
Norhoop - NER (Unity is in NER)

*POE not POfE, even BBQ + ToeL (or what)

But +1 from me!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Beta 2s need alpha connections.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Yup.

Ville wrote:

its a riddle why they have been removed in the first place
as if zoom wants to have a maximum of 3 player factions (one for each color)

maybe ville can explain how it is to have a gamma, but no beta.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I mean, they are all one interzone but I guess so why not.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

By stations do you mean the proposed Beta2 main terminals?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well that would be awesome but I actually meant in the outposts or just a couple if field terminals.

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

We use ICS Beta and since the opposition is polar opposite Timezone it works great with field terminals.  Produce on gamma ship mods/bots into ICS Beta from tellesis and Krazlov.  I don't have to worry about destabilized outpost ruining production points in terminals and continually farming 100 point saps.  TBH it's a great situation.  I really enjoy the gameplay.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

We use ICS Beta and since the opposition is polar opposite Timezone it works great with field terminals.  Produce on gamma ship mods/bots into ICS Beta from tellesis and Krazlov.  I don't have to worry about destabilized outpost ruining production points in terminals and continually farming 100 point saps.  TBH it's a great situation.  I really enjoy the gameplay.

I swear last week you were saying this wasnt possible and thats why open stations wouldn't work. Regardless mission terminals on beta 2 would be nice.

You don't need terminals with field terminals.

Ville wrote:

You don't need terminals with field terminals.

Not if you produce on Gamma.

There are no field terminals on beta 2 though which is the point of the post.

Can we have some please Zoom either inside the existing stations, in a new open Beta station or just on the field. One or two an island would be fine for now (and you could start with just Nova if you want).

I'd prefer syndicate robots first.  As the status quo is fine for me.

Ville wrote:

+1

Well, it not just about you Ville,

and the post is say just missions at Beta 2s, and some field terminal for "temprory" missions. (becazuse the Beta 2 rewamp is deloayed) I think Jita point is valid, because that wouldnt be that much work.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Well, it not just about you Ville,

and the post is say just missions at Beta 2s, and some field terminal for "temprory" missions. (becazuse the Beta 2 rewamp is deloayed) I think Jita point is valid, because that wouldnt be that much work.

Yeah, just a basic placeholder to make beta 2 viable as a home before the beta 2 revamp is done properly. The more we encourage further fracturing the better.

At this point if it's faster.  Plop a npc terminal down on each of the beta2s. Put a highway from it to an external teleport that leads to and alpha1.  Because I'm going to assume the mission items to populate would be a huge pain in the *** by hand.

Wasn't there a plan to rework Betas 2 in a way with Betas 1?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Well that would be awesome but I actually meant in the outposts or just a couple if field terminals.

I was asking because the outposts already have the random assignments.

How long would it take to get npc terminals out on each Zoom?

The reason why field terminals are desired is that they allow non-outpost owners, neutrals or even enemies to take advantage of remote corners of islands to run missions, or stage pvp/SAP hitters. 
Even for outpost owners, this supports assignment running for remote hand-in locations, find untouched plants to harvest, closer to ore fields etc..
So field terminals will increase island activity and use potentially for owners, enemies, and neutral parties.
Highways and an alpha connection will further increase this and make it more difficult to monitor beta entrance (as it is currently very easy to monitor).

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I actually thought that Beta 2 had no missions at all. If that's the case then my bad, 'everything is fine'.

An NPC terminal on the beta 2 islands would be tasty though...

there's the point - seed beta two with field terminals,
to fit the "theme" of those islands, you only need half of the terminals there to begin with.

wasn't the process to seed islands with field terminals a semi automatic one? run algorithm, go into terrain editor and place a field terminal down at the generated coordinates?

how abotut a middle way for teleport connections? one-way teleports where we currently have interzone connections from alpha to beta 2? and roaming red npcs close to the telports at alpha

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I just leave it here

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

25 (edited by Jita 2016-02-22 21:32:29)

Line wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

I just leave it here

So .... yeah thats interesting Zoom. Now you have to fix it big_smile