Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-16

Server will be down on 2016-02-16 from 15:00 servertime/CET (14:00 UTC) for the deployment of a few important fixes. Downtime will be less than an hour long.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2016-02-16

DEV Zoom wrote:

Server will be down on 2016-02-16 from 15:00 servertime/CET (14:00 UTC) for the deployment of a few important fixes. Downtime will be less than an hour long.

What fun part of the gameplay are you ruining today?

(inb4 its the addition of an open Beta stations on each of the Beta 2 islands and I have to come to Hungary to give you a ***)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2016-02-16

Change: Modified the NIC reward component for the following objective types (and consequently the average payout for the assignments that include them):
Reduced: destroy, harvest
Increased: mine, submit item, mass produce, reverse engineer

Am I reading this right? Did you nerf combat mission payout again? Harvesting I can perhaps understand.

Any info on how much you have reduced / increased by?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I don't know what you mean by "again" since IIRC this is the first time that specific objective rewards are modified since random missions are in. And yes, average combat mission payout was way more than what the higher risk would imply.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "again" since IIRC this is the first time that specific objective rewards are modified since random missions are in. And yes, average combat mission payout was way more than what the higher risk would imply.

So how much were combat and harvesting missions moved down and the others moved up?

And do you have a rough per hour figure in mind (given a beta mission done solo with max skills in relations) so we can feed back on how well that is balancing?

I chose not to tell the exact changes because they are not representative of the changes to final payouts and I'd rather see people get their own experience.

What I have in mind for level 6 beta missions is about 10-30 million per hour.

OK thanks for your answers. Did the token payout get altered to? Based in 20 mil an hour token payout should be 1000 tokens an hour.

Also if you are averaging 20 million an hour that's 125 hours work for a black heavy. Does that seem around what you would want? Seems pretty high to me. 40 seems reasonable, that's two weeks work. That would be 800m and 32k tokens. Maybe do 25k tokens and 1b so its a NIC sink?

Average time it takes to finish a level6 combat mission: 3 minutes (from our own statistics)
Level 6 missions needed to get 100k tokens: ~322

That's a little more than 16 hours.

People do level 6 combat missions in three minutes? Jesus. So you are happy with 125 hours of missioning to get the 2.5 billion needed to buy a black heavy?

Ok 3 minutes was only the simplest one in the combat category, it is actually 3-9 minutes on average when looking at all the combat templates.

We'll see how the new rewards work out (it's hard to predict exactly due to the complexity) and modify the token shop prices if necessary.

Zoom, did you sell this game to Korean developer?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok 3 minutes was only the simplest one in the combat category, it is actually 3-9 minutes on average when looking at all the combat templates.

We'll see how the new rewards work out (it's hard to predict exactly due to the complexity) and modify the token shop prices if necessary.

I understand but i'm not talking about tokens but NIC.

To raise 2.5 billion at 20 million an hour takes 125 hours. That is a long time for even hardcore players.

Jita wrote:

I understand but i'm not talking about tokens but NIC.

To raise 2.5 billion at 20 million an hour takes 125 hours. That is a long time for even hardcore players.

I can't guarantee that these new changes will indeed result in 20 million per hour. That's why I wrote that we'll see how this change works out and then change the prices if they seem too high, not before.

wait? 20Million per HOUR?

is that before or after extensions and reward multiplier?

because it sounds strange to have a nerf from ~20 million per run down to "per hour"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

16 (edited by DEV Zoom 2016-02-16 18:25:51)

Annihilator wrote:

wait? 20Million per HOUR?

is that before or after extensions and reward multiplier?

because it sounds strange to have a nerf from ~20 million per run down to "per hour"

The average payout for a level6 combat mission wasn't 20 million per run, more like 5 to 10 million, depending on the template.

This is of course the reward for 1 participant, I'm not balancing around the squad reward accumulation that we had before the fix.

edit: and the 20 million came from Jita averaging my 10-30 which was meant as ~10 for low risk missions and ~30 for combat types.

yeah, but still

5-10 million per run, with an average time of 3-9 minutes

thats from 100-60 Millions per hour down to 20 Million per hour... a nerf of more then 50%?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

yeah, but still

5-10 million per run, with an average time of 3-9 minutes

thats from 100-60 Millions per hour down to 20 Million per hour... a nerf of more then 50%?

And for the folks doing squad missions its down from around 400 million an hour to 20, a nerf of 95%.

Motivational.

19 (edited by Annihilator 2016-02-16 18:43:43)

really, the issue is not the reward PER mission,
its how extremely easy it is to do so many missions per hour.

don't work on the rewards, work on your mission templates please.

and maby start working on a better ai and background-sim

*edit: and where is the fix of plant-grow?*

In regards to the difficulty question, a few of us have said before that it would be better to keep the old rewards and make the missions harder.

Let me give you an example. So i've just logged in to do missions on beta - a take a level 4 combat mission solo.

Mission payour for a solo level 4 on beta with no extensions is 400k.

My first spawn is a troiar and a tyrranos.

My second spawns is an arkhe and a castel

Now this is a level 4 mission on a beta island. That kind of spawn should be an alpha island level 1 mission, its completely crazy.

Tonnik wrote:

*stuff about missions*

I am sure that the tyrannos was using its LoS advantage to keep you from shooting at it,
and the trojar was doing what a trojar does best - shield tanking while demobbing you.

and neither of them was harming the other one with its AoE explosion

RIGHT?

*disclaimer: sarcasm inside*

What's the payout atm?

Ville wrote:

What's the payout atm?

for a level 4 on beta 200k per squad member or 400k on your own. It used to be 8 - 15 million.

Why would I risk 250 million Nic to make 400k?

Ville wrote:

Why would I risk 250 million Nic to make 400k?

Of course not but you dont need to. You could do it in a mk1 bapohomet. The difficulty and associated payout is way off. Level 4 mission payout and difficulty should be level 1.