1 (edited by Gekko 2016-02-12 12:58:55)

Topic: Price history chart improvements

The "standard" chart for prices on any market is "Candlestick" chart. It's very informative and easy to understand.
Sample
Details
In other words, there's 4 prices for each period - First, Last, Max, Min. Or Open, High, Low, Close "OHLC".
You already have 3 prices in current chart, but you need to hover the mouse on every point it to see all of them, which is not very good.

The vertical line which moves with cursor on charts should move on both charts at the same time, ot make price and volume in one chart area. And traded volume should also be shown in tooltip of price chart.

Not necessary, but the good feature will be an export of chart data, or copying. Allowing people to do additional analysis.

This will help make market a more interesting place to be, and might motivate to place orders more often smile

2 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2016-02-12 15:54:17)

Re: Price history chart improvements

Definitely. Improvements required and these are a good start. Ability to overlay various chart types would be nice. Mid, bid, offer and LTP price options would be nice too.

And can we finally have a view of what happens in locked stations and gamma outposts too please.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Automaticly public gamma information wouldn't exactly be natural. However having no way of having that info isn't forced either.

If I could hostilely or clandestinely get economic information on others I would be very interested in what people have in their stores and what they are producing in alpha. Now this is up to social engineering which might not be a bad place to leave it be.

Jita wrote:

And can we finally have a view of what happens in locked stations and gamma outposts too please.

while i think, such stats are rather useless,
i would love to see some general analytic charts, pubilc accessible

something like
items produced, items destroyed, etc.

since those necessary stats for a DEV team to analyze whats happeing in their game, i would suppose they already exist internally.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Why not provide a market API and let us do all the work?

How cool would a perp-market site be?  You could make all the graphs and perform all your analysis and visualizations all day big_smile

logicalNegation wrote:

How cool would a perp-market site be?  You could make all the graphs and perform all your analysis and visualizations all day big_smile

I was thinking about that too.
A trading platform for Perpeuum market.
Hell, we might be able to even make a connector from game API to some existing stock market terminal.
Some people might buy the game only for this kind of gameplay smile

8 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2016-02-13 10:45:31)

logicalNegation wrote:

Yes please. Couple with some properly thought out remote order management extensions and Perp traders could log in from mobile devices to manage market orders without needing the full client every time.

9 (edited by Gekko 2016-02-17 19:02:06)

Well, adding the time and volume to tooltip would be a good start.

And what are the vertical lines on chart means? Usually, it'periods. Days, or weeks, or months. But it's the same 10 sections for 1 week, month, 6 months and year, and none of them can be divided by 10 in normal sense.

For example, open the global HDT chart and look at the recent interesting moves on 6-m and you'll see right on what's wrong.
You can't tell exactly when this began because you can't see the time. It's also hard to tell where the points are - is it the 2-3 days with the same prices, or 1. Look at the spike that is over 5.43 and other big spikes to FINALLY notice bugged tooltip that shows data for another point instead of the one under the cursor.
Why the volume histogtam have different thickness of bars? Or the 2-3 days had the exact same volume traded(378239002)?
You want to zoom-in to it, but you can't, 1-m chart shows nothing interesting. You want to scroll, but you can't... fuuu sorry, but how can we have alive market with this analysis tools? No wonder people are producing mostly for themselves and their corps...

I can help you overhaul this part of the game, i have some expirience of programming such things.
If you'll give me something to work with, i'll see how can i improve it, and then you'll decide if it worth adding.

the mineral market would already be improved if they would allow to calculate the prices per "unit" cargospace, and more imporant, muliplied by extraction muliplier.

eg. HDT and Liquizit market prices are so missleading as you gather 5x more HDT per cycle then Liquizit.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear